• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Good think Mii fighters are on this game too, now you can create your David Jaffe fighter and fight the most epic Era combat ever.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Haha I don't even have a Switch but seeing the reactions to this is very entertaining, to say the least.

I don't understand why anyone would hate this kind of thing. If he is not your jam it's not like the game doesn't have 1000000000000000000000000000000 other characters to choose from.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
9474267D8243EF5B24858C6D1807B424C2D068D4

I like Joker, and I'm glad to see him in Smash, but let's be real here. Sure he wouldn't generate as much excitement as Joker but I don't think anyone would be pissed that Atlus' mascot has his chance in Smash.
Don't worry, he'll be a spirit, along with demi-fiend.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai: Can we have Cloud back in Ultimate?
Square Enix: No.
Sakurai: Please, people love him.
Square Enix: No.
Sakurai: We promise to represent him respectfully.
Square Enix: Fine. But you only get two Spirits and two music tracks with Cloud.
Sakurai: Sure, thanks.

*six months later*

Sakurai: Yo, Meguro, my man, do you know how I can contact Lotus Juice?

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you have Cloud, even though FF7R is not coming to SW.
Snake even though MGSV is not on SW.
Two SF reps even though SFV is not on SW.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for 3DS. Cloud is in it.
Metal Gear from the NES. Snake is there.
Street Fighter 2 from the SNES. Ryu and Ken.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, even if you all wanted SMT representation instead, they'd go with the most recognizable SMT character...which is the Demi-Fiend, from the PS2.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
FF7 was announced for Switch.
Snake came into Smash for The Twin Snakes.
Ryu and Ken are SF characters which has a long Nintendo history.

A PS1/PC port is your justification while FF7R is absent on SW.
Likewise, Snake, despite missing the actual MGS games.
SF poster characters, despite missing the latest SF.

This is almost in line with those that think Joker was announced to promote PQ2.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure, but so far they have only been picking Japanese made characters from Japanese companies. Even on Nintendo's side there are only I believe two characters (Diddy and KRool) that were not made by Japanese people.
Dark Samus was made by a Texan studio.

Also, for whatever's worth, there's unused data for two Rare games from the N64 era in Ultimate.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just Dante of those three please

Dont worry u will get them and those game wont come to switch too.

Man it only sounds like most of your salt is founded in some misguided console wars nonsense.

Dont u put me in this console wars shit. Again. SmT is more worthy inclusion rather than Persona due to all its history. I want a proper representation title on game that resonate with Nintendo fans rather than just choosing popular IP all around.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A PS1/PC port is your justification while FF7R is absent on SW.
Likewise, Snake, despite missing the actual MGS games.
SF poster characters, despite missing the latest SF.

This is almost in line with those that think Joker was announced to promote PQ2.
The Twin Snakes is literally the reason Snake was in Brawl.
FF7R isn't on anything yet. FF7 proper came over.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Huge thread but does this mean we might see Persona 5: Crimson for Switch?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Like, even if you all wanted SMT representation instead, they'd go with the most recognizable SMT character...which is the Demi-Fiend, from the PS2.
That ain't Jack Frost, although Demi-fiend would be dope. Other than those two, I guess Flynn could have a shot too considering SMTIV came out a while back. Honestly though? I'd want the GOAT Aleph over all of them but that ain't happening.

latest

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Dont u put me in this console wars shit. Again. SmT is more worthy inclusion rather than Persona due to all its history. I want a proper representation title on game that resonate with Nintendo fans rather than just choosing popular IP all around
I'll be more charitable and say that you have a very pronounced preference of SMT over Persona, which is the real reason you're salty.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I would rather he incorporates different Persona for each Neutral attack. It would be a pain for the 3D modellers, but it would be more accurate to how Persona protagonists play.
I agree, but it presents some problems, like the need of having multiple models in memory all the time(Pokemon trainer has this so it's possible). Maybe Jack Frost, Izanagi or Orpheus are in his B attacks too.

Maz

Oct 29, 2017
Abu Dhabi
Ok, I found my new main. God damn, I bought the season pass blind but no matter what the other fighters are this makes it worth every dollar

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I am not sure how people can say Joker is not that relevant when he stars in a multi million seller that received endless rave reviews and cameos in loads of other games on all kinds of platforms with likely dozens upon dozens more happening in the coming years. I want characters like Captain Syrup to show up too (I really, really want more Wario reps in general), but trying to downplay this based on relevance is absolutely bizarre. Nintendo legitimately does not have very many notable characters left.

Also guys, you are forgetting Joker's other cameo on a Nintendo console.

DIkQ9w6UMAATpTp.jpg

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dont u put me in this console wars shit. Again. SmT is more worthy inclusion rather than Persona due to all its history. I want a proper representation title on game that resonate with Nintendo fans rather than just choosing popular IP all around.

Spoiler: persona is going to resonate with many more Nintendo fans than whatever random SMT pick you're imagining, because there is no law on this planet that requires you to play games only on a single console, combined with the sheer popularity of persona, especially 5 over everything else atlus has ever published.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
The Twin Snakes is literally the reason Snake was in Brawl.
FF7R isn't on anything yet. FF7 proper came over.

Thats not the point: Nintendo will bring in characters despite missing their latest games and continues to do so.
FF7R has been announced for PS4, not sure why you are acting like FF7R isn't the most obvious FF7 reference right now but chose a 20 year old PS1/PC port.