• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Spoiler: persona is going to resonate with many more Nintendo fans than whatever random SMT pick you're imagining, because there is no law on this planet that requires you to play games only on a single console, combined with the sheer popularity of persona, especially 5 over everything else atlus has ever published.

And there is no F reason i cant get disapointed over Nintendo choice there right?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Back when Snake debuted, he included a song from MGS4 and the background to Shadow Moses Island had Metal Gear Gekko running around.

Sakurai doesn't care about your Nintendo purity.

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Please let this mean the mainline Persona games coming to Switch. All my top five favourite games will be on one console, which would automatically make Switch the best machine ever imo.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather he incorporate different Persona for each Special attack. It would be a pain for the 3D modellers, but it would be more accurate to how Persona protagonists play.
Eh, I'd say he'll probably stick with his default, like all other Persona protags in spinoffs.

My guess, down b summons Arsene, adds a burn effect to his attacks. Higher damage and bigger area until he gets hit. Sort of like a lesser version of Cloud's limit break, since it could be used whenever.

Oct 26, 2017
https:///rumor-persona-5-coming-to-nintendo-switch-in-2019/

Think you should all look at this. Apparently the person who tweeted these is reliable, buuut after today/yesterday, insiders aren't exactly looking good right now...

But I wanna belieeeeeve!

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys a question over a problem I've had in Smash Bros since Melee, is it supposed to be difficult to face the right direction?

I feel that whenever I want to quickly switch the way I am facing I end up running fast in that direction.

E.g. If I am facing right and a Pokeball appears just behind my back, when I try to face that way to grab it I usually then end up running way past the pokeball and usually in to somebody else (or some hazard).

Any tips?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Spoiler: persona is going to resonate with many more Nintendo fans than whatever random SMT pick you're imagining, because there is no law on this planet that requires you to play games only on a single console, combined with the sheer popularity of persona, especially 5 over everything else atlus has ever published.
This is true.

It's possible that SMTV will change this if breaks out.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am not sure how people can say Joker is not that relevant when he stars in a multi million seller that received endless rave reviews and cameos in loads of other games on all kinds of platforms with likely dozens upon dozens more happening in the coming years. I want characters like Captain Syrup to show up too (I really, really want more Wario reps in general), but trying to downplay this based on relevance is absolutely bizarre. Nintendo legitimately does not have very many notable characters left.

Also guys, you are forgetting Joker's other cameo on a Nintendo console.

DIkQ9w6UMAATpTp.jpg

He's also in PSO2, which is on Switch in Japan.

Shujin-Academy-Male-Uniform-508x286.jpg

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
The announcement of a cool new Smash character is almost enough to make me forget about the endless torment I endure as a Metroid fan!

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I audibly screamed at this. I was absolutely shocked, this is fucking awesome.

I was suspicious at first, seeing how Atlus would NEVER announce something that wasn't announced in Japan already at a western event. Almost always, Atlus announces things at their own events. The most recent exception I can think of is announcing what came to be known as SMTV at the Nintendo Switch Conference in 2017. I thought maybe this was something about Persona Q2, but then was thinking "Why would they take time at the Game Awards for that?!"

Then I saw the envelope with the Smash symbol and lost my goddamn mind.

Thats a big reason sure. But also i feel to put Persona leapfrogging SMT is such a wrong thing to do.
As someone who much prefers SMT to Persona, and wish they did either Jack Frost or Demi-Fiend, I totally understand them doing Joker and Persona instead, and it totally makes sense. Honestly it probably makes more sense. Yes, Persona's roots are in SMT, but Persona has popularized the broader MegaTen franchise and given the popularity of Joker, it makes sense. I would bet that Joker's moveset will have more than just Arsene for Personas, and those will of course be SMT demons, which while those are in Persona games, they would also pay homage to SMT. Also I would think there might at least be a music track or two from SMT, I feel like that would be appropriate.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Think you should all look at this. Apparently the person who tweeted these is reliable, buuut after today/yesterday, insiders aren't exactly looking good right now...

But I wanna belieeeeeve!
???: https:///rumor-persona-5-switch-official-title-is-persona-5-reloaded/

Sounds baseless and it's shoddy reporting. I know Mystic, and he is not a "longtime veteran in the industry" by any means.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I feel highly dissappointed as Smash should also give room for the smaller IP then. SMT getting more spotlight is a good thing to help push the IP worldwide.
It's not Nintendo's job to push obscure third party IP worldwide at the expense of the potential revenues they would get from their own product.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And I feel highly dissappointed as Smash should also give room for the smaller IP then. SMT getting more spotlight is a good thing to help push the IP worldwide.

You do not feel highly disappointed. You are acting as if Nintendo personally betrayed you and are outraged that others aren't screaming for blood.

And yeah, the demi-fiend probably is more known to people watching the game awards than the SMTIV hero who is so bland I don't even remember his name.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

But I wanna belieeeeeve!
I'm sure it will happen but this leak in particular doesn't strike me as being substantial.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
No, this makes no sense and I cannot process this.

But it's still cool as shit. When someone came and told me, I thought they were screwing with me because I happened to be in the middle of playing P5. He told me "you know I'm not lying cause I don't know who Joker is. That's who the Smash character is btw, its on top of reddit."

Truly unexpected.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
Final Smash I think will be an All Out Attack joined by other party members. The difference being instead of the blood spray, it would be the clouds when someone is launched.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
So, that confirms a Switch port then. Given the DLC characters were chosen internally by Nintendo.

Not really. Persona has two main side series, Persona dancing (on PlayStation) and Persona Q, featured 3&4 characters, (on 3DS) persona q2 just came out in Japan on 3ds a week or two ago which features persona 5 characters.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I audibly screamed at this. I was absolutely shocked, this is fucking awesome.

I was suspicious at first, seeing how Atlus would NEVER announce something that wasn't announced in Japan already at a western event. Almost always, Atlus announces things at their own events. The most recent exception I can think of is announcing what came to be known as SMTV at the Nintendo Switch Conference in 2017. I thought maybe this was something about Persona Q2, but then was thinking "Why would they take time at the Game Awards for that?!"

Then I saw the envelope with the Smash symbol and lost my goddamn mind.

I love this reaction.

Man, Nintendo had some AMAZING characters reveal for Smash. And for me this one is the most shocking since Snake for Brawl. I needed few seconds just to comprehend what was going on. My brain could not compute it.

Sakurai deserves a statue.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Lol remember when people said "no third party because it's Nintendo picking the music".
Well there it is. Persona ain't even on the Switch lmao (I guess it's coming tho !!)
Now just imagine. The musics !!!!!!!
Can't wait.. Man this Fighter Pass is going to be good...

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's been wanting a Sin and Punishment character for ten years now, SMT can wait.

So now we are using whataboutism huh. Sure.

You do not feel highly disappointed. You are acting as if Nintendo personally betrayed you and are outraged that others aren't screaming for blood.

And yeah, the demi-fiend probably is more known to people watching the game awards than the SMTIV hero who is so bland I don't even remember his name.

I havent call other to boycott the game. I am expressing how huge my disappointment with this choice. I feel it ruined some part of smash for me.

Again you dont need to act like you are the standard of taste. I hate these moves. You like it. So you probably can leave me alone capiche?

It's not Nintendo's job to push obscure third party IP worldwide at the expense of the potential revenues they would get from their own product.

It is also not my duty to feel happy with this announcement as i feel it took over some possible character that i feel more worthy of those spots.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Sakurai say that the decision for the DLC characters were all made by Nintendo? Interesting choice by Nintendo.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I love this reaction.

Man, Nintendo had some AMAZING characters reveal for Smash. And for me this one is the most shocking since Snake for Brawl. I needed few second just to comprehend what was going on. My brain could not compute it.

Sakurai deserves a statue.
I honestly think this one beats out Snake for me tbh. Like damn, I still can't believe this is real lol. The fact that Joker is in Smash still hasn't sunk in for me yet.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think this one beats out Snake for me tbh. Like damn, I still can't believe this is real lol. The fact that Joker is in Smash still hasn't sunk in for me yet.
Not to go into console war territory, but it's crazy to me that three characters that are most frequently associated with Sony (Snake, Cloud, Joker) are all in Smash.

More and more proof Smash is not a Nintendo crossover, it's a video game crossover.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Possible Spirit fights:

Morgana: Isabelle accompanied by the Kapp'n Assist Trophy
Ryuji: Roy with a baseball bat
Ann: Zero Suit Samus
Yusuke: Fox with the fan (is the fan still in the game?)
Makoto: Mii Brawler wearing the Makoto Mii Outfit that is totally coming because Sakurai knows the nerds will buy a Makoto Mii Outfit
Futaba: Inkling
Haru: Princess Peach probably
Goro: Marth

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Not to go into console war territory, but it's crazy to me that three characters that are most frequently associated with Sony (Snake, Cloud, Joker) are all in Smash.

More and more proof Smash is not a Nintendo crossover, it's a video game crossover.
Indeed, and that's honestly a great thing. Imagine Doomguy and Master Chief getting in, would be nuts! If not Chief then I'm hoping Banjo and Kazooie show up instead.