• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Hopefully this means Persona 5 for Switch.

As a Xenoblade fan, it hurts that any hope I had has now been quashed. Three games in and all we have is Shulk.

I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade, it just bums me out.

Still, maybe my Banjo dreams are now more likely. :)

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad none of you can predict this shit. So happy hahaha! No one can predict Smash DLC anymore!!

Everyone I know that played P5 was freaking out about this. Can't wait to see the rest (and more importantly, play Ultimate tomorrow!)

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Of course it is all about profit. What are u talking about here?

Persona is more popular than Smt both in japan and WW. By putting Persona rep, it literally show that Nintendo put profit on selling their DLC first over representing title like SMT which have been staple on Nintendo platform for gods know how long.

Gone have the days where Smash actually promote games that actually is released on it platform or help promoting smaller games to be more popular. Nowadays it is just wanking toward popular IP for more profit.

Maximizing profit would mean to boost sales of SMT and Smash, not only Smash.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm just glad none of you can predict this shit. So happy hahaha! No one can predict Smash DLC anymore!!

Everyone I know that played P5 was freaking out about this. Can't wait to see the rest (and more importantly, play Ultimate tomorrow!)
I remember thinking that Joker would be a good fit for Smash, but I never actually thought he would make the cut. It's kinda unbelievable tbh.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Totally unexpected!! Today I'm getting my Smash copy, and I'm considering to purchase the fighter pass just because of this.

Does this mean Persona 5 for Switch as well? I don't mind buying it for the second time, that game is awesome.

And I thought Jack Frost would arrive to Smash and Persona characters would never make it,... Haha

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if joker getting in means kazuma kiryu has a chance? With the way thing are progressing, it seems he has a better chance here than in Tekken

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Because it is Persona over my more favorite SMT? Is that hard to understand?
I dunno pal, we all know how 3rd party works in Smash as I told you in multiple posts. For me, the game should prioritize Nintendo characters even in the DLC, but I'm happy to see anything from Atlus as I love the company. If someone told me that Atlus would get a DLC newcomer, I'd said Jack Frost without a doubt, but I'm happy that we're getting a non-mascot character instead. Smash has lots of rounded/cute characters already.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Well this made my day!!!!
Joker main hereee, when are the packs available again???
God I need to calm down!

Oct 27, 2017
We just need this guy to put the final nail on the coffin of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale:

WCCFcrashbandicoottrilogy-740x429.jpg

Uhm, excuse me? PSASBR had two Coles.

Beat that, Sakurai.

TeamLeftMatch

Oct 25, 2017
We just need this guy to put the final nail on the coffin of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale:

WCCFcrashbandicoottrilogy-740x429.jpg

Honestly, the fact that Crash team racing is coming to switch on the same day as PS4 and Xbox one, makes my heart really want him more than ever. Although I'll keep the expectation that he isn't coming just so I don't get myself too excited.

Hibiki

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
all of this is wrong

everyone is stoked about joker, if they had Jack frost or Maya (??) people would be pissed and wondering why it wasn't joker
Yeah, I'm a huge SMT fan and would have wanted Jack Frost, but Joker just makes more sense and I seriously thought ZERO Atlus characters would EVER be in Smash so I am beyond ecstatic that Joker is in!! It just makes sense! Why the hell get upset!?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't think Snake, Cloud, or Bayonetta can be topped for me in reveals. Ryu was cool but not WTF like they were.

jorgeobamajr

Oct 25, 2017
just rewatched the reggie bit and the wording is 'characters that are new to the series (like Joker, from Persona 5) and that you wouldn't expect to see in Smash Bros'

3:05

He doesn't say they're new franchises, I think people are assuming it due to 'new to the series' (since there's no veterans) because that would be a meaningless thing to say otherwise?

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Be still my heart. I'm just thinking on the music. Rivers in the Desert on Smash... Amazing!