• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprised Morgana wasn't chosen tbh.

Nah, Morgana wouldn't work. Not only does Smash not need any more tiny characters, but Persona protagonists have the Wild Card, which lets them call in all kinds of demons, giving them more moveset potential. Morgana would be limited just to the spells their default Persona gives them.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if we'll get music from Persona Q2. I know we're all speculating about music from other main Persona games, but Q2 also stars Joker and might be possible even if other main Persona games don't get anything.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Any predictions as to what music tracks will be included?

Here's hoping they include Persona Q tracks.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Nah, Morgana wouldn't work. Not only does Smash not need any more tiny characters, but Persona protagonists have the Wild Card, which lets them call in all kinds of demons, giving them more moveset potential. Morgana would be limited just to the spells their default Persona gives them.

Watch Joker only use Arsene, just like Yu only uses Izanagi in Arena.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I can't see them going for other persona than arsene.

then again. down b could be persona change and sakurai might give him 3+ sets of smt specials

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if we'll get music from Persona Q2. I know we're all speculating about music from other main Persona games, but Q2 also stars Joker and might be possible even if other main Persona games don't get anything.
Since they specified Smash Bros x Persona 5 I'm only expecting music from that game.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
My excitement would increase exponentially if we get P4 music. I like that soundtrack so much more than P5's.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I just bought Persona 5 for $25 on PSN. I've never played a Persona game before, so I probably never would have even picked this up if not for Smash.

I really love a lot of things about RPGs, but I rarely finish them. Time to throw P5 next to XC2 and Octopath on the indefinite backlog shelf once I inevitably burn out after 30 hours!

Still, this should be more than enough to satisfy my curiosity around Joker so I can become properly excited once he joins the roster.

Smash hype is a sickness, I tell ya what.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Well, I just bought Persona 5 for $25 on PSN. I've never played a Persona game before, so I probably never would have even picked this up if not for Smash.

I really love a lot of things about RPGs, but I rarely finish them. Time to throw P5 next to XC2 and Octopath on the indefinite backlog shelf once I inevitably burn out after 30 hours!

Still, this should be more than enough to satisfy my curiosity around Joker so I can become properly excited once he joins the roster.

Smash hype is a sickness, I tell ya what.

Alternatively you could watch the Anime.

Agreed, and while unlikely, might as well hope for the best P4 theme:

Good man.

Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively you could watch the Anime.
I considered it, but from what I read it's just a worse version of the story within the game.

I watched the Bayonetta anime right after playing 1 and 2 for the first time when they came out on Switch. I can't imagine how much different (and lesser) my opinion of the character would be had I only watched the adaptation instead of actually playing the game.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I considered it, but from what I read it's just a worse version of the story within the game.

I watched the Bayonetta anime right after playing 1 and 2 for the first time when they came out on Switch. I can't imagine how much different (and lesser) my opinion of the character would be had I only watched the adaptation instead of actually playing the game.

It's probably quicker to watch the TV series then actually finish Persona 5. For a blind playthrough with no experience with the series. The game can easily take up to 80+ hours to finish. It's just one of those very, very long and involving games, since Persona main focus in its combat is a monster collection mechanic. If you played any SMT game you'll probably know what to expect. If not then maybe I should reference Pokemon.

Persona as a series emphasizes on Jungian Psychology aspects of the persona and the shadow, or essentially an other side of oneself that lives within your psyche, hence Personas. Each Persona has their own characteristics which are sourced from the many demons in the SMT series which they themselves are based on many religious and mythological figures from many cultures. For example you have Personas based on Egyptian Gods like Isis, Thoth, Anubis, etc.

Each have powers and elemental resistances. I won't get into the school life aspects of the more recent Persona titles. My interest is more about the monster collection mechanic in the series, being able to defeat and recruit the demons into your party, fuse them into more powerful demons and so forth.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Morgana would be too powerful. Cat can make everyone go to sleep with a single order. Basically a superior Jigglypuff

Oct 25, 2017
My dream list of Persona music

Last Surprise
Blooming Villain
Rivers in the Desert
Maze of Life
NEW REMIX Wake Up, Get up, Get Out There
NEW REMIX Reach out to the Truth
NEW REMIX Burn My Dread

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
oh music list ok then. This is just a list so remixed or not. Not gonna bother specifying.

Persona 5:
Wake up, Wake up Get out there
Last Surprise
Life Will Change (Instrumental and vocal)
Blooming Villain
Awakening
Triumph (As Joker's victory jingle)
Mementos (ok this one I will say needs a remix lmao)
Tanaka's Shaky Commodoties
The Whims of Fate
River in the Desert
Final Boss Theme (won't spoil name of track here)
Our Beginning

Persona Q2: ( [x] means its a Persona 3 or Persona 4 side track from the game and may not have a chance. but i included them anyway)
Main Theme Song (dont know the name)
Invitation to Freedom
Nothing is Promised
Wait and See [x]
Pull the Trigger [x]
Remember we got your back [x]

P5D:
Groovy
Aside from that, any of the other remixes from here would be pretty good. A lot of the Dancing game remixes are pretty nice

thats all for Persona 5 stuff. if they go into Persona 1/2/3/4/Arena and such there is so much more to choose from. And even more if willing to use other SMT games

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
oh music list ok then. This is just a list so remixed or not. Not gonna bother specifying.

Persona 5:
Wake up, Wake up Get out there
Last Surprise
Life Will Change (Instrumental and vocal)
Blooming Villain
Awakening
Triumph (As Joker's victory jingle)
Mementos (ok this one I will say needs a remix lmao)
Tanaka's Shaky Commodoties
The Whims of Fate
River in the Desert
Final Boss Theme (won't spoil name of track here)
Our Beginning

Persona Q2: ( [x] means its a Persona 3 or Persona 4 side track from the game and may not have a chance. but i included them anyway)
Main Theme Song (dont know the name)
Invitation to Freedom
Nothing is Promised
Wait and See [x]
Pull the Trigger [x]
Remember we got your back [x]

P5D:
Groovy
Aside from that, any of the other remixes from here would be pretty good. A lot of the Dancing game remixes are pretty nice

thats all for Persona 5 stuff. if they go into Persona 1/2/3/4/Arena and such there is so much more to choose from. And even more if willing to use other SMT games
If they're gonna use PQ2 tracks, they better use Pull the Trigger.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the music selection will mostly be Persona 5 stuff. That said I think we at least get a little from the other games. I think Reach Out to the Truth and Burn My Dread at least get in

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
How much do we think they'll use Persona 4 Arena as an inspiration?
Yeah, they will share concepts for sure. Cloud is notably lacking in all regards but he has some stuff from Dissidia. Sonic has moves from Sonic the Fighters and apparently Virtua Fighter but I do not recognize any being from that. I think that might have been fan speculation because Bayonetta's move from Virtua Fighter is super obvious.

I think there have been rumors of Persona 5 Arena around for awhile too, so I imagine if that exists both sets of developers are sharing ideas.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered if that was one reason why Phoenix Wright never got in, since his moveset was already really well done in UMvC3 (and he doesn't have mass appeal anymore as well tbh)

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
But here's the question, will they stop at Persona 5 or extend to other Persona games (P4, P3, PQ, PQ2, etc.)?
As much as I want to hear Mass Destruction on loop over and over again, having just Persona 5 music only would be more than enough for me. That entire soundtrack is just too goddamn sweet.

All of these track listings, and yet this is always omitted.

1:56 gets me something fierce.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
If they used music from other games, I would like it if they included the P2 Innocent Sin Battle and Boss Battle themes.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost impulse bought Persona 5 during the PSN sale this morning but held off. I don't have time for a huge game like that right now and I'm not sure if I'd like it.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking about his moveset, what if they just implement the system from Persona 4 Arena? In that game, you have standard attacks and Persona attacks, the latter of which can only be used as long as you have Persona cards. You get one card struck out every time the opponent attacks the Persona instead of you, and if you run out of cards you have to wait for them to refill.

Maybe Joker will involve Personas for all his Specials, but they can be individually damaged and, eventually, put out of commission for a little time.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
The music selection is honestly the part I'm most hyped for with Joker getting in. I hope besides the obvious P5 picks, we also get music from the other Persona games. At the very least, Reach out to the Truth needs to be in.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I almost impulse bought Persona 5 during the PSN sale this morning but held off. I don't have time for a huge game like that right now and I'm not sure if I'd like it.
Just wait till it gets released on switch, you'll be able to play it in short bursts wherever you are.
And good job on resisting the impulse buy, I often have trouble with that.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Oct 27, 2017
Really liking some of the new music from Q2, hadn't heard any yet. Hopefully the Smash music team really loves Persona music. A lot of it would work as direct rips anyway.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Any ideas about what Persona's series symbol will be?
Maybe this

154477064034744867.gif