• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
They only stopped clapping because they remembered they were going back into society after the movie.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Clerks 2 got an 8 minute standing ovation at Cannes. I love Clerks 2 but... yeah, this doesn't mean as much as one might think.

Clerks 2 doesn't really hold up for me. I liked it first time but the homophobia and the donkey stuff turned me off. A lot of it is really mean spirited too. It turned me off to the point I'm not even going to bother with Reboot

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Patterson let slip in a recent interview with variety that he liked working with Pheonix, or something to that effect.

He then asked for it to be redacted from the interview...

Looks likely that the solo Batman will be set in a similar era to Joker and be somewhat of a continuation.

I assume we'd know by now if Pattinson was in it, right? They couldn't exactly keep that under wraps by now. I wonder if that means Phoenix is going to stick around for another movie and what that actually means for Pattinson's Batman because it'd probably have to be even more grounded than Nolan's.

I am however beyond hyped at the concept that it isn't Batman that inspires costumed villains but the Joker. That's the sort of unique angle that'd be amazing to explore.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I could manage 8 straight minutes of clapping if God came down from heaven and made himself known to all humanity in a display of pure joy and enlightenment

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Patterson let slip in a recent interview with variety that he liked working with Pheonix, or something to that effect.

Looks likely that the solo Batman will be set in a similar era to Joker and be somewhat of a continuation.
Or you are reading too much into it

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
Have multiple actors ever received Oscars for portraying the same character?
*highlight>right click>Search Google for...*

The Quick 10: 10 Pairs of Actors Oscar-Nominated for the Same Role

4. If you ever get an offer to play Vito Corleone, you'd better not refuse. (Feel free to groan at my horrible pun. I won't be offended.) Marlon Brando won for playing Don Vito in the first Godfather in 1972; Robert DeNiro won Best Supporting Actor for playing the younger version of him in The Godfather Part II just two years later.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I clapped for 9 minutes when the barista handed me my first pumpkin spice latte of the year. Venice can do better.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

Wow is this true? Please be true.

a916

Oct 25, 2017

Wait what? It was redacted and his following comment was about spoilers. Did his actual redacted quote leak?

Kilic95

Oct 25, 2017
Chireiden
This is so sad, 8 minutes is not enough to win Veronica back. Can gamers rise up already? ...Please?

1556327026292.jpg

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I'm very curious to watch this.

Trailers look great and Phoenix is an awesome actor. But this is from the dude who did Hangover so I'm cautious.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Clerks 2 doesn't really hold up for me. I liked it first time but the homophobia and the donkey stuff turned me off. A lot of it is really mean spirited too. It turned me off to the point I'm not even going to bother with Reboot

I actually haven't watched it in at least 7-8 years so other than the donkey show I can't recall this type of stuff. I'll give it a watch soon though. Now that I'm older and more aware I might change my opinion on it.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They where all Americans clapping after having nachos in the cinema room.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

I think in the interview you are referring to he actually mentioned Chris Nolan, not Phoenix.

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I've never clapped after a movie.

Still I might see this movie now even though I'm not really interested in a Joker movie without Batman.