• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Was pretty shocked when I heard it in the cinema Friday
glad hes not getting paid but its a fucking odd choice to put in any media

I haven't seen any of the cancel culture stuff that most people are talking about but some of the takes in this thread are pretty fucking horrendous

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
It's really weird how a lot of people who are really against this movie for no real reason stay dug in. It's, like, what's the harm in saying you were wrong about it?

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I can't speak for others, but if you read my posts in the thread, I never attacked the film. Simply made the observation that the song choice seemed like another attempt by the director to troll critics.

Anyone who follows sports in the US knows about Glitter. The NFL stopped using his songs a decade ago, and a bunch of NHL teams stopped using his music in 2015 because of his conviction.

The San Jose Sharks (to use a local example) were quite public about the decision.

The hysteria was driven primarily by the director. He's been out there playing the victim card since the film started press tours, and whined about wokeness killing comedy.

Do you really think he wouldn't have made a song choice like this to troll audiences and critics?

That was the basis of the OP.

So I guess you DO agree with the OP then.

This is ironic given that you came in complaining about the premise of the OP only to turn around and agree with the OP, despite claiming that OP was in bad faith. ;)

That's exactly why the thread was made. From the way he's been promoting the film, I've no doubt decisions like this were made simply to troll and get reactions.
Lol come on. You think a song choice during probably the best scene in the entire movie was made simply to "troll the press"?

Do you have any idea how much work probably went into the film? And they just throw stuff like that in to bother people?

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018
Yes. The people who find it questionable listening to a serial child rapist are the ones with the problem.

Fucking incredible

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
When you spent weeks saying this movie was for Incels but it wasn't

When you spent weeks saying this movie was going to empower the alt-right but it didn't

When you said this movie was gonna cause mass shootings but it didn't

When they figured out the behind the scenes Joaquin Phoenix video wasn't true

When you tried to say it paid a pedo to use their song, but didn't, and all you accomplished was making the pedo more famous in a country where he was a virtual unknown

YHYCe5i.gif

TtRhVpYl.jpg
LOL that gif is gold.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When you spent weeks saying this movie was going to empower the alt-right but it didn't

When you tried to say it paid a pedo to use their song, but didn't, and all you accomplished was making the pedo more famous in a country where he was a virtual unknown

YHYCe5i.gif

TtRhVpYl.jpg

This has been absolutely delicious.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

YHYCe5i.gif

TtRhVpYl.jpg
Everyone got hit by jokers trick

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah

Can I steal this? Thanks.

Dog of Bork

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Just need a title Update

Joker movie features a song from a convicted pedophile
You could put "insert movie title here" for that thread lol

Good job everyone, let's meet again next week when we learn a crew member said a no no word.

If anyone is actually confused: people are mocking y'all because instead of regularly bringing this kind of shit up in general, we've seen non-stop topics going after this movie for weeks. The conversation changes each time a complaint is knocked down.

Have broader discussions, maybe, instead of going after every little thing with this specific movie.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
And another domino falls.

Joker himself couldn't have planned such delicious exposing chaos.

Some areas of the press have had a bee in their bonnets about this movie since its first showing.

Sadly for them this time their attempts to steamroller the movie have been failure after comical failure and they've been left looking like desperate clasping fools.

The smarter ones already jumped off the train weeks ago. The rest are still fighting the good fight and haven't been informed that their outrage is exhausted.

giphy45jjg.gif

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if era was the joker and walks into this thread:

"ah ha ah ha ah haaa..and i thought my outrage was bad"

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Honestly, the celebrating over defeating "cancel culture" being more louder than simply being relieved that a pedophile isn't getting a cent? Says a lot more about people than anything.
I would agree if this were the first time the movie was receiving undeserved criticism, but it's like the 4th or 5th time now.

Mobius

Banned
Oct 10, 2019
I gotta check out this film. Personally, I didn't really see any videos/build up leading up to the release so I was kinda surprised that this film was controversial.