• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I get that theyre leaving a lot of money on the table by not making a sequel but it would be nice to just leave it and have joaquin play the joker again (different time period tho) in the new batman series. It would give the new movies a boost off the success of Joker while keeping this shit standalone like it clearly was meant to be

captainuwu

Aug 14, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory commentary
Maybe next time around the media and twitter/era pearl clutching will cause the shooting they desperately awaited.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it needs a sequel, but I was down on the movie when it was announced and when Joaquin Phoenix was said to be playing Joker. They proved me wrong. So I will wait on the sequel before making any judgement.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
I really wonder how they're going to turn him into a criminal mastermind. I liked the Joker movie, but let's be honest, he was a blithering idiot in that film.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
God damnit. Why not just leave it alone as is? Why take the chance ruining it with a sequel? I really hope this is speculation.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Even if this news is fake, this movie not getting a sequel seems improbable at this point.
Iconic (yes, fuck the haters) performance + record breaking profits for R rated movie. I don't know any business that will give up on an opportunity such as this.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm not even super high on the first one but wow @ how cynical and negative everyone is already lol. Just like with Joker, I'm going to trust Joaquin instead of all these people who are down on this

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
I love the first one but this movie really doesn't need a Sequel
I agree, it wasn't planned with a sequel in mind, and it ended without a need for a sequel. Arthur is old, weak, and imprisoned, what threat is he to the anybody?
The only way this could go is that Arthur became the inspiration for the true Joker that will appear and become batman's true villain. That will be so dope.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's.....his performance is kinda the whole movie though isn't it? Since it follows him? And is a character study on the Joker?
I thought the movie wasn't good, He was a convincing joker but everything surrounding him was poor. I don't see the point of a sequel if it happens and I probably will never watch it again.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
I updated the post. Apparently a sequel isn't coming.
Variety reported something similar to deadline as well in the last little bit. I guess thr just jumped the gun and got some details wrong? Allegedly a meeting or two about another joker movie have taken place, but thr, deadline, and variety are all kind disputing the details.

My guess is eventually a joker sequel will happen, but any discussions that have happened so far are SUPER SUPER early. As variety mentioned, no deals have been made, no script is being written, nothing has been green lit, just Philips has MAYBE talked about doing another one.

So the initial article from thr seems waaaaaaaaaaaaay early. I guess they thought they had a scoop and published too soon.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
My theory is they're covering up that a sequel's been confirmed.

1516316230158.jpg

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised they don't know what else to do with the character, seeing as how they kind of had nothing interesting to do with him after he killed his mom.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm done with resetera. I'm definitely not done with movies, I end up watching 10-20 new movies every year, that will probably never change. But this movie really made me realize I no longer give a shit about anything you guys have to say. It made me realize that movie reviewers mean nothing to me anymore. For so long have I been a child, now I can look into the mirror and truly see a clown looking back at me. I no longer put any stock into the opinions or thoughts of people on the internet, from now on, I trust myself and those I consider closest to me in real life.

This is probably the single best movie I've watched this entire generation. It's one of the funnest movies I've watched in years. I've watched all of your favourite movies. I'm probably better at watching them than most of you guys are, I've watched literally hundreds of movies released this decade of all sorts of different genres and styles.

There are a few of you guys out there who are alright, keep on keeping on. But eventually you guys too will realize you're like me: you truly fucking love movies with all your heart, it's probably impossible to change that about yourself. And you'll realize your posting on a forum full of complete morons who don't even watch movies, they just enjoy shitposting about them. These are people who are essentially broken on the inside and have likely lost most of their ability to enjoy things. The type of people who complain about stagnation in the industry, and when arguably the most revolutionary movie of the decade drops, they all gang up together to pretend that it isn't even a movie, when in reality Joker is basically the most cinematic movie of all time.

this is copy pasta

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I'm done with resetera. I'm definitely not done with movies, I end up watching 10-20 new movies every year, that will probably never change. But this movie really made me realize I no longer give a shit about anything you guys have to say. It made me realize that movie reviewers mean nothing to me anymore. For so long have I been a child, now I can look into the mirror and truly see a clown looking back at me. I no longer put any stock into the opinions or thoughts of people on the internet, from now on, I trust myself and those I consider closest to me in real life.

This is probably the single best movie I've watched this entire generation. It's one of the funnest movies I've watched in years. I've watched all of your favourite movies. I'm probably better at watching them than most of you guys are, I've watched literally hundreds of movies released this decade of all sorts of different genres and styles.

There are a few of you guys out there who are alright, keep on keeping on. But eventually you guys too will realize you're like me: you truly fucking love movies with all your heart, it's probably impossible to change that about yourself. And you'll realize your posting on a forum full of complete morons who don't even watch movies, they just enjoy shitposting about them. These are people who are essentially broken on the inside and have likely lost most of their ability to enjoy things. The type of people who complain about stagnation in the industry, and when arguably the most revolutionary movie of the decade drops, they all gang up together to pretend that it isn't even a movie, when in reality Joker is basically the most cinematic movie of all time.

this is copy pasta

I've been wondering for a few days now, and I hope you don't take it the wrong with at, but why does an incident manager need or even have a verified tag?