• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So will this be connected to any wider Batman stuff or is it just some character piece on the joker?

I dont mean is it part of a cinematic universe, but just is this in a universe where Batman and stuff exists / will exist.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Okay, I wanted to wait a little before commenting. I watched this trailer now like 20 times to see what people were raving about it. But come on. This is like one of the most pretentious stories ever. I mean, come the fuck on. Ooooh, poor dude is a clown who has it rough in life. Ooooh, then he snaps because his mom, and life is hard. Boohooo, what a surprise in this day and age. But yeah, lets make it a lil darker so it doesnt look as ridiculous as it actually is. And peeeeopl buy it. They buy it. And I think its shocking. And then they dare to shit on Jared Leto who presented a Joker that just didnt copy the old ones like Phoenix does. No, Leto went a new way, a damaged way. A way that was destroyed by producers and the former DC team. But if you listen to the stories people told, and the secret scripts, you will find out that there was soooo much more to Jareds Joker. A performance for ages. From an actor who went the extra mile. I dont wanna shit on Phoenix, but who has the Oscar? Who made the Oscar worthy performance so far? Its Jared Leto. A person who should have gotten a second chance besides giving us this lukewarm new storyline. now, im sorry, but i dont see it lads. this is not the what i wanted. i feel sorry.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. The first DC film to catch my attention via trailer since TDK.

DC is on a roll w/ WW, Aquaman, Shazam now hopefully this!

game-biz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I wanted to wait a little before commenting. I watched this trailer now like 20 times to see what people were raving about it. But come on. This is like one of the most pretentious stories ever. I mean, come the fuck on. Ooooh, poor dude is a clown who has it rough in life. Ooooh, then he snaps because his mom, and life is hard. Boohooo, what a surprise in this day and age. But yeah, lets make it a lil darker so it doesnt look as ridiculous as it actually is. And peeeeopl buy it. They buy it. And I think its shocking. And then they dare to shit on Jared Leto who presented a Joker that just didnt copy the old ones like Phoenix does. No, Leto went a new way, a damaged way. A way that was destroyed by producers and the former DC team. But if you listen to the stories people told, and the secret scripts, you will find out that there was soooo much more to Jareds Joker. A performance for ages. From an actor who went the extra mile. I dont wanna shit on Phoenix, but who has the Oscar? Who made the Oscar worthy performance so far? Its Jared Leto. A person who should have gotten a second chance besides giving us this lukewarm new storyline. now, im sorry, but i dont see it lads. this is not the what i wanted. i feel sorry.
Hahaha

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who is serious and who is joking anymore.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017

I'm not exactly hyped yet either, but I'd wait for more details before assuming too much about the plot.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
That's not even what that tweet said or even implied. Just that it can easily appeal to that group.
So if it's JUST saying that then what's the issue?
...THE ARISTOCRATS

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This is random but I noticed that the costume designer on this film is Mark Bridges.

He was the costume designer for Boogie Nights, There Will Be Blood, The Artist, Phantom Thread, Inherent Vice, Magnolia, The Fighter, Punch Drunk Love. He's been nominated three times for an Oscar for "Best Costume Design".

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an oscar nomination for Joker too. Joaquin Phoenix looks great in his Joker outfit.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
You had me until saying Jared Leto deserved an Oscar

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

hahahaha-this-sucks-man-co-32435195.png

"Fascist Wayne is to Blame" is a good motto

Mudcrab

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Excellent.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Looked just ok, I don't think I really need a Joker Origin story that tries to be grounded. He's a weird, kooky character and the more you lean into that (the Batman video games, Dark Knight) the better he seems. Angsty, depression joker... seems a little too artsy.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking Christ this shit should be bannable.
I think your posts are way more embarrassing tbh. I almost couldn't get through the "don't watch dark shit if you can't take it". The magnitude of your frustrations are out of sync with the subject at hand. Feel free to report my post and let the mods do their job if you think It's bannable.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Let's be honest, if we take the "Joker" or "Gotham City" out of the movie, the movie will STILL look interesting due to Joaquin Phoenix ALONE.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
Let's be honest, if we take the "Joker" or "Gotham City" out of the movie, the movie will STILL look interesting due to Joaquin Phoenix ALONE.
That's the thing, I almost don't want it to be related to Batman mythos at all. It just looks great and don't want anything to hold it back from being a great story

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like, from the trailer, this movie only works in a world with no Batman in its past, present or future.

Quite frankly, that makes me more excited if that is the case. To take the conceit of the character and explore a facet of that without Batman's shadow.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, let's not act like Leto hasn't put in some great fucking performances over the years. But wanting a film with him over Phoenix...

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, let's not act like Leto hasn't put in some great fucking performances over the years. But wanting a film with him over Phoenix...
He was the only questionable part of Blade Runner 2049, IMO. My gut reaction to him when I first saw that gorgeous movie was initially contempt.

Like, "bro, why are you doin this?"

I've come around on it a bit over repeat viewings but I'm still not sure about it.

Oct 27, 2017
I think your posts are way more embarrassing tbh. I almost couldn't get through the "don't watch dark shit if you can't take it". The magnitude of your frustrations are out of sync with the subject at hand. Feel free to report my post and let the mods do their job if you think It's bannable.

Your also antagonizing other memebers you did it with two people and your probably about to do it with me if you have to go through peoples post history and attempt to use it against them but please continue and see where your account
goes bud

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I haven't seen the film so I'll reserve my judgement but I'll be extremely surprised if the film does not feature Joker going around creating a storm with followers doing his bidding, killing people indiscriminately all the while he appears to be silly and jovial on the exterior. We've already seen hints of this in the trailer. I guess if your idea of examination of nuance can accommodate such an unrealistic character then this can seem appealing.
Smugness aside, this reads like someone mistaking verbosity for eloquence.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Leto's Joker not working is mostly because of Leto's misunderstanding of the character - and the director's. Every Joker interpretation including Caesar Romero's has been great - and it's mostly because all of these actors felt playing the Joker's psychosis would be too on-the-nose. It's too easy. Instead they tapped into something else and it worked. Leto didn't and played just an edgy lunatic with green hair.

I think Joaquin is also tapping into something that deep and amazing and will show an incredible interpretation of the Joker.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
He was the only questionable part of Blade Runner 2049, IMO. My gut reaction to him when I first saw that gorgeous movie was initially contempt.

Like, "bro, why are you doin this?"

I've come around on it a bit over repeat viewings but I'm still not sure about it.

Didn't really have a problem with him in 2049. But it definitely hurts knowing David Bowie was the first choice for Wallace. There's a lot of Bowie DNA in Roy Batty, so it would have been this perfect full circle thing.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If the movie ends with Joaquin Phoenix saying "we live in a society" I'm going to clap on the cinema all the way through the credits

Spoder

Oct 24, 2017
Oh wow. Trailer totally delivers.

From 0 expectation into something that I have a lot of interest in. Hopefully it will be similar with Nolan's Batman and go even darker. Like much darker.

I'm in :D.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I know a lot of comic fans might disagree with me but I don't want to see a shared universe for Batman like there is for the MCU. The MCU is capable of a very broad canvas of many types of different stories, but I couldn't see something like this, smaller scale and more crime focused, working in that universe or a Justice League universe with gods. I know this is separate, but DC's really able to differentiate itself from Marvel using this kind of style so I hope Batman continues it somewhat.