• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I have to say, the idea of a Todd Philip's film winning the same award as Roma and the shape of water is so shocking, lol. I am very excited to see this, it seems right up my alley.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017

It's canon

image021.jpg

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all do realize that Joker became a symbol of incel/alt-right culture in some circles, right?
So is the entire Germanic pantheon of gods, yet you see nobody here declare that the Neo-Nazi's have won because Thor Ragnarok is a good movie. That the Joker is like an incel hero in some circles has nothing to do with the quality of the movie nor with it winning a prestigious award.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, the idea of a Todd Philip's film winning the same award as Roma and the shape of water is so shocking, lol. I am very excited to see this, it seems right up my alley.
The screenwriter for Hangover 2 was also screenwriter for fucking Chernobyl (Craig Mazin or something like that).
Hangover franchise might be full of people hiding their true power.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The screenwriter for Hangover 2 was also screenwriter for fucking Chernobyl (Craig Mazin or something like that).
I did not know that the creator of Chernobyl was also a hangover alumni, they must have a lot of hidden depths.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I just have this feeling that people are not fully on board to try their absolute hardest and work their ass off for... Hangover 2

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
You know what? I may end up being okay with bully stopper Joker if those are the type of meltdowns we get from the MCU faithful.

Dec 2, 2017
There are already stan wars happening? The fact that a comic book film has won one of the most prestigious awards out there should make everyone happy regardless of what franchise they may prefer.

And that twitter clip looks awsome.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yup, after complaining about on Twitter and all this, which makes total sense...

The conspiracy theories, misinformation and now threats, yikes.

giphy.gif

Oh wow, hopefully he isn't one to be inspired by Joker.
There are already stan wars happening? The fact that a comic book film has won one of the most prestigious awards out there should make everyone happy regardless of what franchise they may prefer.

And that twitter clip looks awsome.
Yeah I'm definitely happy whenever a good film comes out, doesn't bother me that it's based on a comic book character at all. And it's great that there's room for many kind of comic book movies too (or atleast should be). Sometimes I just want to kick back and laugh a bit with something like Thor: Ragnarok, which I adore. Sometimes I want to buckle in for great action and spy thrills, like with Winter Soldier. And sometimes I look for something darker, like a character study to a disturbed mind.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
This thread is shaking the Era society to its core,we need to rise up and be better than that.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Not to derail the thread too much (well, it's kind already of rails lol)

But that is a very unfortunate stance to take as a fan of comicbooks.

I love the MCU just as much as the next guy, but I can't wait for this and I am glad The Joker is looking great.

This is a win and to go out on some "DCEU fans are toxic" bullshit is some sad ass shit.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
It doesn't matter how many people say it. I cannot bring myself to believe that this will be good. Even if I watch it and enjoy it, I will not believe it.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, after complaining about on Twitter and all this, which makes total sense...

The conspiracy theories, misinformation and now threats, yikes.

Wow that "Era pedo mods" comment is actually disgusting and a lot more serious than just giving him a permanent ban. Like, what the fuck? I remember him having a similar meltdown after the Sony/Disney thing, which resulted in him spreading pro-Xbox propaganda.

What's crazy is I've seen people getting banned for calling out his gross tweets, it used to be dismissed as "offsite drama", and for awhile I actually thought the mods were defending him. Guess I was wrong. This dude is the worst fanboy I've ever seen and his obsession with Disney and Marvel doesn't even seem healthy. It's the kind of thing you'd hear stereotypes about but rarely get to see how bad it really is until it happens in an environment you frequently visit. It makes the console wars look pretty tame in comparison.

Obviously the mods did the right thing but that's an understatement. I've seen him trolling endlessly, claiming "harassment" whenever he got called out, purposely getting people banned to defend himself.

Better late than never, though. Maybe now the mods will understand why we were "exposing" him, which isn't even remotely the same as being needlessly hostile towards another member.

But I'd rather not derail a glorious Joker thread any further by giving this dude attention. I'm just happy the mods took action.

Joker doing well puts a smile on my face. It sounds like a great movie in general, not just by comic movie standards.