• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Huh.

This reminds me how I rarely see things going well for posters using "insider info" as a means of gaining forum cred.

That's why I never pay them any attention.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Anyone else think it's funny a movie called The Joker is a drama instead of a comedy?

Maybe that's the point, that the people who laugh the hardest are the saddest inside.

I can't wait to see this epic f***ing movie! I think it will win a oscars

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter how many people say it. I cannot bring myself to believe that this will be good. Even if I watch it and enjoy it, I will not believe it.

Sounds like you don't want it to be good, in which case there's no point In watching it because you'd just have a miserable time regardless of what the movie ends up being

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Oct 28, 2017
Imagine being a grown man who's a hardcore Disney/Marvel stan having meltdown over a movie about the Joker getting critical acclaim.

You can't make this shit up.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
The combination of Endgame and Joker this year reminds me of Iron Man and The Dark Knight in 2008. Obviously Marvel has the box office behometh this time, but Joker could get more Oscars than TDK.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I just watched this recently (one of the only Scorsese films I hadn't seen) and my god, it's not even remotely funny. It's arguably as dark as Taxi Driver and shares similar themes and subtext.

Brilliant film but just brutally, unflinchingly disturbing.
I definitely chuckled plenty of times, but yeah it would be wrong to watch the film expecting a knee slapper comedy.

OP
OP
Yams

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Joker winning the Oscar and making money might be good for culture. Might be bad. Anyone acting like they know is just trying to gear up on some "I told you so" shit

I'm a big Batman fan so seeing someone from his comics star in a solo movie that has everything going for it makes the comic and film fan inside of me happy

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Does it?

It is obviously open to interpretation but I think there's a good chance all of that was just his delusion, which is what most of this film is predicated on. I'm not entirely certain but that's how I was leaning at the end of the film.
Nah I think its true. Nothing suggest that and theme of movie certainly doesnt fit insomnia stuff

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah I think its true. Nothing suggest that and theme of movie certainly doesnt fit insomnia stuff

Like I said it's open to interpretation but consider everything that happens at the end is through the lens of the TV, which is his reality filter. It all just sort of neatly unfolds in a very unrealistic way.

That said, Scorsese has purposely kept mum on the answer to whether the ending was real so again, it's really left up to the viewer.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Well Pupkin already had his delusions during the film, like with the marriage on live TV stuff or grabbing a coffee with Jerry. Also at the final shots of the film, the curtain behind him resembles iron bars (possibly indicating he is still in prison). Which of course could be accidental, but I don't know if Scorsese does accidents like that.
The-King-of-Comedy-ending.jpg

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Joker winning the Oscar and making money might be good for culture. Might be bad. Anyone acting like they know is just trying to gear up on some "I told you so" shit

I'm a big Batman fan so seeing someone from his comics star in a solo movie that has everything going for it makes the comic and film fan inside of me happy

While I'm kinda tired of the Joker, I feel the same. Hope DC gives some shine outside of the Bat universe too though.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I got banned a few weeks ago for calling dude out for his twitter bullshitery.

Being an MCU stan/ reporter shouldn't have given dude the privileges hes had here. Guys posted some BS and gotten away with it (see dropping deadpool 2 spoilers months before release)

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yup, after complaining about on Twitter and all this, which makes total sense...

The conspiracy theories, misinformation and now threats, yikes.

dude always gave off this off vibe when he kept insisisting the entire movie entertainment industry was out to get him specifically and being paid off to lie about Deadpool 2s quality when he so "bravely" revealed a poor test screening

not super shocked this is how hes handling his ban

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always figured ManaByte was a well-respected insider. That meltdown is some epic shit. It's like the Joker movie in a way. A man melting down into madness.

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Man I wonder how he kept so many chances to come back. Even on GAF he was an asshole like the time he supposedly bought a 18wheeler truck and started talking to shit to everyone and on gaming age where he was stalking members. Fuck him

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Moral of the story seems to be: don't be a clown or you'll get clowned.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Anyone else think it's funny a movie called The Joker is a drama instead of a comedy?

Maybe that's the point, that the people who laugh the hardest are the saddest inside.

I can't wait to see this epic f***ing movie! I think it will win a oscars
Comedians are usually quite sad, too. They mine that sadness or anger among other intense emotions for humour as catharsis. It's when comedians are very popular and happy, their material starts to drop in quality.