• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
There is 0 reasons this could not just go into one of the other 5 game of thrones threads currently active. You spoiled a show for no reason when you could have posted this essay in the Game of Thrones OT that is on the front page right now.

Cargo Shorts

Oct 25, 2017
..What?! How dare you, I haven't watched the original trilogy, I was waiting until the end of the entire 9 part series to watch it! This thread isn't even about Star Wars and you're bringing it up in here?! Gah! Nowhere is safe from spoilers...
It's going to be a nine part series? You son of a bitch, I never knew that! Oh well, guess I'll stick with Star Trek. I do hope Leonard Nimoy agrees to come back for one more movie.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand Jon anymore.

He's become the most wishy washy guy in the show.

His best days were when he was pissing off Alesir Thorne.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. SPOILER TAG THE TITLE.

2. You're absolutely correct. Jon's resurrection should be a fucking world changing event, all of the Free Folk should be bowing down and worshipping him as some GOD. Yet, Tormund just cracks a dick joke. However, you're wrong on one point, Melisandre met Thoros and Beric previously and thus knows that resurrection is possible. Unlike the books where they've never met. Which of course begs the question why Melisandre never believed that Beric was Azor Ahai after learning he's been resurrected half a dozen times.

maybe that was Martin telling the showrunners, hey dudes, i did fuck up there, make sure Melissandre mets those dudes

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who cares? You have a couple of weeks to catch up at the most before spoilers are fair game.

On Topic:

I do think that Jon will come back in the books too, but the circumstances around his resurrection will be massively different and way more impactul.
Most people the OP could have easily titled it better but instead wanted to be shitty. I normally don't care about spoilers but this should have been handled better.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
Im guessing Jons resurrection will in someway involve him being a warg and since the show cut the part about all the Stark children being wargs, they couldn't use that as a way to bring him back.

Kahoots

Feb 15, 2018
The show isn't worth that much thought or that many words and Jon's meaningless resurrection is just one of a million stupid things.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
How the hell have you people screaming SPOILER! not been aware of Kit Harrington's continued presence in association with the show if you're aware of the show at all? His resurrection was almost certainly always going to be "spoiled" for you.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised so many are taking issue with the title, but I get it I guess....

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
How the hell have you people screaming SPOILER! not been aware of Kit Harrington's continued presence in association with the show if you're aware of the show at all?
The only spoiler is that he dies for a bit. Or if you only read the books and you haven't left your cave in three years.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell have you people screaming SPOILER! not been aware of Kit Harrington's continued presence in association with the show if you're aware of the show at all? His resurrection was almost certainly always going to be "spoiled" for you.

It's about the journey and having a significant moment in the show happen without knowing, ruining that plot point for people is shitty. There's no defending it. Be considerate, Jesus.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just funny how aggressively people will argue against simply not having the spoiler in the title lol.
It doesn't stifle the discussion at all, and is pretty easy to just put -Spoiler- in there. Really not a large ask.

Deleted member 225

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not even the same thing. The show is still airing.

Some of y'all are really trying it.
The show has been on for nine years we're talking about something that aired literally years ago.

If spoilers for Game of Thrones are something that is really that important to you, why did you wait years to watch the show?

Are we not allowed to talk about past Simpson's episodes without walking on eggshells as well? That show is still on the air. I don't want anymore Simpsons memes on Era because I'm waiting for the show to end so I can marathon it.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So I get yelled at about how a Super Mario RPG party member is a spoiler, but this is okay, huh

I see how it is

The only takeaway from this is that Super Mario RPG has more artistic merit than Game Of Thrones

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just funny how aggressively people will argue against simply not having the spoiler in the title lol.
It doesn't stifle the discussion at all, and is pretty easy to just put -Spoiler- in there. Really not a large ask.
Defence force for anything? Doesn't happen on the internet.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The show has been on for nine years we're talking about something that aired literally years ago.

If spoilers for Game of Thrones are something that is really that important to you, why did you wait years to watch the show?

Are we not allowed to talk about past Simpson's episodes without walking on eggshells as well? That show is still on the air. I don't want anymore Simpsons memes on Era because I'm waiting for the show to end so I can marathon it.

You heard it here first folks: not putting spoilers in a title is oppression

CrazyIvan1978

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
You assholes with your fucking spoilers, it's as if what you wanted was people upset in your thread, not an actual discussion about whatever the fuck your problem is.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
how is that a fuck up when it literally paid off seasons later?

LOL.

The showrunners themselves said Arya stabbing the NK was something they recently came up with to subvert expectations. They weren't planning that all the way back in S2. And, it's definitely NOT happening in the books as the NK doesn't exist as a character in the books. It's a COLOSSAL mistake to have had Melisandre meet Beric and Thoros. Her entire belief system is based on Stannis being Azor Ahai, this would be completely challenged upon learning that there exists another Champion of the Lord of Light whose been brought back from death and LITERALLY wields a flaming sword as prophesied by Azor Ahai. It makes no sense for her to meet them in the show and go, "ok, cool. I'm going back to Stannis now, bye."

Also, Beric has been long dead, for good, in the books.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Just funny how aggressively people will argue against just not having the spoiler in the title lol. It doesn't stifle the discussion at all.

It's just tiring when the people who care the least about a show are the ones whining the most about being spoiled.

Not saying you should rearranged your life to watch a TV show but it really isn't a big deal. If anything knowing what would happen was worse when the show was airing as opposed to going through it now and having the two episode gap between his death and resurrection.

Deleted member 925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Because people are actively watching The Simpsons right now and follow it because this is the last season, right?

Not even comparable. I know people just started watching or doing a GoT marathon for the first time. Is it that hard to be polite and considerate or is that hard to do for you?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
LOL.

The showrunners themselves said Arya stabbing the NK was something they recently came up with to subvert expectations. They weren't planning that all the way back in S2. And, it's definitely NOT happening in the books as the NK doesn't exist as a character in the books. It's a COLOSSAL mistake to have had Melisandre meet Beric and Thoros. Her entire belief system is based on Stannis being Azor Ahai, this would be completely challenged upon learning that there exists another Champion of the Lord of Light whose been brought back from death and LITERALLY wields a flaming sword as prophesied by Azor Ahai. It makes no sense for her to meet them in the show and go, "ok, cool. I'm going back to Stannis now, bye."

Also, Beric has been long dead, for good, in the books.

so she never heard of those two?

and if she did, she never had the curiosity to confirm if those things were true?

was she so invested on stannis? damn

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

giphy.gif

..because asking to not have spoilers in thread titles is stopping people from discussing things altogether.
It's just tiring when the people who care the least about a show are the ones whining the most about being spoiled.

Not saying you should rearranged your life to watch a TV show but it really isn't a big deal. If anything knowing what would happen was worse when the show was airing as opposed to going through it now and having the two episode gap between his death and resurrection.
I mean, duh?

The people that care the most are the people who've watched it and kept up to date with it lol.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be so much better in the books. For one, considering he doesn't actually die in the books, and spending that much time as a dire wolf is gonna cause some serious issues.

And yeah the title is kinda inconsiderate, but it's been 3 years since he got resurrected, it's pretty understandable to not really think about the spoiler impact of it.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
This is one of the only shows where I can act like I've seen it, even though I haven't, because people just randomly spoil it lol.

I don't care because I'm never gonna watch it, but it's fucked up for people who want to but haven't for whatever reason.

Oct 29, 2017
If you ask me it should be bannable to post a such a brazenly spoilery title. Even though this didn't spoil shit for me, I might have to just quit coming to this forum if this is acceptable/allowable.

It's absolutely not unreasonable to expect some common decency when it comes to posters putting a shred of thought for their thread titles not containing spoilers for a show that isn't only still airing, but at it's final 2 episodes ever.

Nevermind the fact that there's already a very active spoiler GoT thread...like what the fuck.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
it would have been so fucking easy to make this thread without spoiling anything in the title, but I guess that's just too much to ask.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even worse than the spoiler title is that the OPs opinion was too darn special to get lost in the OT.