• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is where I'm at tbh. Even my local sports talk radio talked about Jon Snow coming back to life at one point.

It was on late night network talk shows ffs!

Honestly though, what do people desperately trying to avoid spoilers do when they see a YouTube recommendation for Kit doing the late night circuit promoting GoT these days? Assume he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart to support his former coworkers?

It is darkly hilarious that every reply to this thread probably puts the title in front of more eyeballs.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty fucked up to put that in the title so blatantly. I'm caught up on the show but not everyone is. It's not hard to do a vague title with (Heavy Spoilers Inside) next to it to be considerate.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, duh?

The people that care the most are the people who've watched it and kept up to date with it lol.

Then they should stop treating the experience of watching the show as sacrosanct when they didn't care for entire run of the show up to this point.

Not that it would have been if they were watching in real time either mind you. It's just a TV show.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Then they should stop treating the experience of watching the show as sacrosanct when they didn't care for entire run of the show up to this point.

Not that it would have been if they were watching in real time either mind you because it's just a TV show.
We're talking about just not having it in the title. Not saying the thread shouldn't be made, not saying it shouldn't be discussed. Literally just asking that the spoiler isn't in the title in favour of (Spoiler) or some equivalent.

It's a really fucking small ask lol.
It is extremely easy to have a discussion about spoilers and not spoil shit for people browsing the forum.

OP
OP

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the spoilers i swear i didn't mean to do it. I guess i figured this is years old and i really wonder how some of you didn't get spoiled considering it was everywhere on social media that Jon Snow died and got resurrected. My aunt who doesn't watch the show knew about this and she barely uses the internet. I guess it didn't even register for me that it could be a spoiler or that anyone would get mad about the title. Again sorry about this.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show has been on for nine years we're talking about something that aired literally years ago.

If spoilers for Game of Thrones are something that is really that important to you, why did you wait years to watch the show?

Are we not allowed to talk about past Simpson's episodes without walking on eggshells as well? That show is still on the air. I don't want anymore Simpsons memes on Era because I'm waiting for the show to end so I can marathon it.
Don't be stupid, I don't give a shit about the thread existing but having it in the title is a shitty thing for anyone to do.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
so she never heard of those two?

and if she did, she never had the curiosity to confirm if those things were true?

was she so invested on stannis? damn

How could she hear about them? The Brotherhood Without Banners are a small force, essentially classified as bandits, being an annoyance in the Riverlands. And, Beric's constant resurrections are mere rumor. It's not like people not within the Brotherhood witness his resurrections. They just think he escaped or wasn't nearly hurt as bad. News of the Brotherhood and Beric aren't going to be newsworthy on Dragonstone or in the Stormlands. And, as stated, Beric has been dead for quite some time in the books. He gave up his life force, if you want to call it that, to Lady Stoneheart (look it up).

It should also be noted that while the show introduced the cost of resurrection on a person, they seemed to have forgotten that both with Beric and Jon. Remember, Beric states that you "lose a piece of yourself" each time you're resurrected. He legit would not wish another person to be resurrected due to the cost it has on you. In the books, it's actually he's a really sad character as he can barely remember who he was before he was resurrected so many times. And, there's a beautifully sad line where he asks Thoros if he's his mother:

A Storm of Swords said:
A weary smile brushed his lips. "That's thrice I have died at the hands of House Clegane. You would think that I might have learned . . ."

It was a jest, Arya knew, but Thoros did not laugh. He put a hand on Lord Beric's shoulder. "Best not to dwell on it."

"Can I dwell on what I scarce remember? I held a castle on the Marches once, and there was a woman I was pledged to marry, but I could not find that castle today, nor tell you the color of that woman's hair. Who knighted me, old friend? What were my favorite foods? It all fades. Sometimes I think I was born on the bloody grass in that grove of ash, with the taste of fire in my mouth and a hole in my chest. Are you my mother, Thoros?"

Arya stared at the Myrish priest, all shaggy hair and pink rags and bits of old armor. Grey stubble covered his cheeks and the sagging skin beneath his chin. He did not look much like the wizards in Old Nan's stories, but even so . . .

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking about just not having it in the title. Not saying the thread shouldn't be made, not saying it shouldn't be discussed. Literally just asking that the spoiler isn't in the title in favour of (Spoiler) or some equivalent.

It's a really fucking small ask lol.

Okay, then just report it to the mods, move on, and they'll change it.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017

Not that it would have been if they were watching in real time either mind you. It's just a TV show.
The point is, as usual with every time someone makes a thread title like this, the thread topic can very easily be made without actually spoiling anything, regardless if the topic is a few years old.

Oct 27, 2017
I just always found it funny how no one seems to give a fuck that he died and was resurrected like it's something that happens all the time. Same with Mass Effect. And both remind me of that Simpsons episode where they're watching some shitty soap opera and one characters says, "I thought you were dead," and the other character gleefully exclaims, "I was!" and that's the end of it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the spoilers i swear i didn't mean to do it. I guess i figured this is years old and i really wonder how some of you didn't get spoiled considering it was everywhere on social media that Jon Snow died and got ressurected. My aunt who doesn't watch the show knew about this and she barely uses the internet. I guess it didn't even register for me that it could be a spoiler or that anyone would get mad about the title. Again sorry about this.

Yea this is the exact logic I figured you were going with, I would've accidentally done the same thing in your shoes. That shit really was everywhere lol

Just get a mod or w/e to edit it I guess

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I firmly believe 80% of the people acting outraged about the spoiler don't really give a shit about this show nor will they ever. They just enjoy engaging in the outrage olympics.

Wait and see what happens in the books.

Probably about the same with more magical whimsy. I guess Melisandre may burn Shireen to get to revive Jon, remember they're both at Winterfell. I definitely think it will be more meaningful overall. It will matter. Jon's resurrection is basically treated as a joke in the show now, nobody cares about it, just like nobody cares that they defeated death itself. Jon may become some kind of godlike being in the eyes of free folk.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I know quite a few people who are waiting for this show to finish before starting cause they hate waiting or just got on the hype train late.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Yes OP, you're entitled to spoil people with your title and you're also too good for the OT.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
People here would legitimately get angry at someone who wrote that Snape Kills Dumbeldore in a thread title wouldn't they? Jesus Christ.

Oh spoilers Jesus Christ comes back after 3 days.

Jan 18, 2018
That aired 3 years ago.
Who cares? You have a couple of weeks to catch up at the most before spoilers are fair game.

On Topic:

I do think that Jon will come back in the books too, but the circumstances around his resurrection will be massively different and way more impactul.

The show has been on for nine years we're talking about something that aired literally years ago.

If spoilers for Game of Thrones are something that is really that important to you, why did you wait years to watch the show?

Are we not allowed to talk about past Simpson's episodes without walking on eggshells as well? That show is still on the air. I don't want anymore Simpsons memes on Era because I'm waiting for the show to end so I can marathon it.

The simpsons and game of thrones are two different things. Game of thrones is a continuous story where twists and plot beats are meant to shock our bring about certain feelings. Theres not a time limit on when to watch shit, not every person can sit at home and watch every episode of everything all day everyday.
Are yall really this dense tho or just being dicks for dicks sake?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I firmly believe 80% of the people acting outraged about the spoiler don't really give a shit about this show nor will they ever. They just enjoy engaging in the outrage olympics.

Probably about the same with more magical whimsy. I guess Melisandre may burn Shireen to get to revive Jon, remember they're both at Winterfell. I definitely think it will be more meaningful overall. It will matter. Jon's resurrection is basically treated as a joke in the show now, nobody cares about it, just like nobody cares that they defeated death itself. Jon may become some kind of godlike being in the eyes of free folk.

Yeah it'll just be Jon warging and then still be resurrected by the red priestess.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
User : Trolling with fake spoilers
Cersei kills Arya in this sunday's episode

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Well shit, thanks OP for being an ass. You could have worded the title a million different ways other then dropping a major spoiler and it. I look forward to somehow spoiling you in the future.

Any chance the mods can change the title to save those of us you have not checked the site recently?

And those of you saying that it's been 3 years...
The show is still airing and there's tons of people who are waiting to watch them all together or who are now trying to catch up because of the final season. Also I can guarantee you there are no thread titles spoiling major events for the series which happened in the books
i.e. the Red Wedding. Imagine if I posted a thread title spoiling it before it aired with a "it happened 5 years ago in the books, grow up"

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No one is under any obligation whatsoever to preserve the sanctity of your viewing experience with a fucking television show.

OP made an honest mistake borne of a perfectly reasonable assumption. Stop acting like he killed a baby.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad no asshole spoiled the red wedding for me even though I was years late for it since its was one of the most shocking things I've seen.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No one is under any obligation whatsoever to preserve the sanctity of your viewing experience with a fucking television show.

OP made an honest mistake borne of a perfectly reasonable assumption. Stop acting like he killed a baby.

The several posters ITT airing their displeasure prove you wrong. There is no reason for this.

Nothing says "I have the mental capacity of a newborn" like caring about spoilers.

Wow you are so cool, teach me how to adult

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
Considering how resurrection is currently handled in the books, like
Catelyn as Lady Stoneheart

I think Jon will be handled a lot differently in TWIW, if it's ever released, of course.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017

Well you'd be wrong. I'm caught up by my girlfriend just started watching because the show is finishing and I'm sure she's not the only one. Putting a big spoiler in the thread title is a dick move because it's unncessary.