• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
what happened to those bitch ass muthafuckas who were giving Ilhan Omar shit for her 'insensitive comments' about 9/11

where's their outrage over this? rhetorical question. politicians some of the biggest hypocrites out there.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure Trump would have lost if Stewart was still on the Daily Show, but that's just my far out theory.

CVvUp7mWEAAs9nA.jpg

Damn

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Wait, I feel like I'm missing something.

Why are the first responders in need of medical funds? What happened to them?

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus H

Absolutely shameful, what cowards. Allowing heroes suffer, die and making them beg for dignity.

John Stewart for president now

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Nothing's too good for our veterans*, so nothing is what they will get.

*First Responders. Absolutely shameful. John is right, your average American citizen should be entitled to healthcare- there's no reason First Responders from the event our politicians will "Never Forget" have to fight for their wellbeing.

SGRX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every time this issue comes up again, it makes my blood boil. Especially knowing that every one of the pieces of shit that votes against it, or tries to use it as political leverage, will be front and center on social media come September 11th, to "honor" the sacrifices of the first responders.

McConnell blocked reauthorization in 2015, because he wanted to use it as leverage to get the ban on US oil exports lifted. He filibustered it in the Senate in 2010 after it passed the House with only 17 Republicans voting yes, with the no votes including such notable pieces of human garbage as Paul Ryan, Kevin McCarthy and Mike Pence, because they had pledged to block anything and everything until the Democrats caved on an extension of the Bush tax cuts. Because, you know, what is the peace of mind, well being and dignity of 9/11 first responders, next to some extra cash in the campaign fund, and the good will and support of Sheldon Adelson and the Koch brothers?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
While they obviously barely even cared in the first place and cynically exploited the jingoism surrounding 9/11 for their own political gain for years, they have moved on.

Their new game is xenophobia against citizens with an emphasis on white supremacy and their base is 100% on board. They have no use for 9/11 and even bothering to muster a single crocodile tear any more. They view giving money to an expired political pawn dying of lung cancer to be a waste of resources when it could instead build 10 more cages to throw brown children into.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sadtruth is this won't mean a thing.

Itll make some news, Republicans say nothing, no progress is made, everyone forgets and moves on.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Honestly everyone who didn't show up today should lose their positions but that's just me.

Everytime they talk about first responders they need this played in their face.

I have friends and family that either died that day or in the years after because they were either volunteering to help or were on the job/firefighters. This whole shit is a fucking mess and Everytime they bring them up, they don't fucking mean it. It's bullshit.

Also we need Jon Stewart in front of a camera everyday again. His voice is sorely missed.

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
This isn't a party issue.

It's the same with veterans, the VA and the burn pit issues.

It should be quick but both sides use it for political capital.

Man was his speech beautiful and infuriating.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Very powerful and insanely moving video.

This will be all forgotten in the MSM and social media by tomorrow sadly.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I think he and his show were very formative for a lot of my generation coming into political consciousness. Took no bullshit but I think at the end of the day there was an optimism that it was worth it to fight and call out bullshit because there was something worth fighting for at the end of the day.

I was in middle school when Stewart took the helm of the show, and he helped guide my politics as I continued along in high school through college and beyond. I take issue with a few of his views, namely the idea that he was just a comedian and nothing more, but the man remained a respite in the tempest that was the Bush administration and on. I will always be indebted to his brand of utter humanity and deeply miss him, to the point of downright lamenting his general inactivity in these years. I would give so much just to hear him every night the way that I did for so many years.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
This isn't a party issue.

It's the same with veterans, the VA and the burn pit issues.

It should be quick but both sides use it for political capital.

Man was his speech beautiful and infuriating.
Not a party issue? Looking at the number of people in the House against it, that's about 120 of 198 Republicans against it, and about 10 of 235 Dems against it.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These are the same dipshits who scream for "respect the flag" when black players kneel and fly thin blue line shit when talking about BLM. When it comes to actually serving 9/11 cops who responded? Fuck em. They're only used as a cheap prop every year on 9/11.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
It's such an incredibly simple and positive bill to approve of and it's a big sign of the wellness of our government when Jon Stewart has to show up and argue this same thing over and over. Those who vote against approving this funding to assist those first responders, and manipulate it and piss on it, should develop cancer.
Jon Stewart is the fuckin' man. His frustration and passion are undeniable.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
That was a very powerful speech. It is absolutely criminal that those first responders still have to fight and struggle like this for the help they deserve given that they gave their help immediately and bravely 18 years ago.

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
Both sides are bad whiny little shit Jon Stewart strikes again. So glad this hack doesn't have a television show anymore. What a laughable display.

Deleted member 1445

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Both sides are bad whiny little shit Jon Stewart strikes again. So glad this hack doesn't have a television show anymore. What a laughable display.
If both sides are bad, please put their wrongdoings against one another and explain how they cancel each other out, because I'm not seeing it. Just a simple table would be a good start.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
You can just feel his rage at the end of that. Fucking hell.
Dude was so fucking enraged a minute into his speech he tapped the desk (I imagine he wanted to do FAR worse) and had to back up and calm down a moment.

Like I had to back up and re-watch it to make sure he wasn't putting a prop down on the desk. Nah dude was seriously pissed and rightfully so.

Oct 27, 2017
Single payer healthcare. That's what we need and then these men and women and everyone can finally get the car they need without going into bankruptcy. This country is such a shit hole

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I don't know what to say. Such a horrible situation. Kudos to Jon for speaking up for this cause. This is a strong reminder of why I admire him.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Jon is such a treasure. Hearing him speak reminds me how much I miss him seeing during the week.