• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
The article says that the hearing was just for the subcommittee of 14, not the full committee of 41, so it looks like Stewart was incorrect on this one?

Still, his point stands that this shouldn't be so hard.

HEre's the thing, maybe he's pissed it's just a subcommittee. That with all this bullshit they have been having to go through they can't even get the full congress's attention.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
HEre's the thing, maybe he's pissed it's just a subcommittee. That with all this bullshit they have been having to go through they can't even get the full congress's attention.

Regardless, what I'm understanding is that only about half of the subcommittee was there (8 out of 14).
Not to mention that they've been at it for 18 years, with many already losing their lifes in the process.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It's wild. Government and especially Congress will evoke 9/11 at every opportunity; on the muslim ban, TSA, DoD spending, attacking islamic religion, etc.

As soon as comes to the people there and taking care of them, silence. They're not even there.

Fuck them all.
It's just like Support The Troops garbage.

Vets are struggling like crazy. High Unemployment, sky-high suicide rates, and depression, but nothing really.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
5 years

CVvUp7mWEAAs9nA.jpg

Has anyone got a link to this episode/segment?

Lestat

Banned
Jun 11, 2019
His genuine emotion really hit me hard. I started tearing up for these brave souls that are being treated so poorly.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
His testimony tore me up. His rage is rightfully justified, as there is simply no goddamn excuse for pushing off such an important bill that would help those who risked their lives. It is absolutely disgraceful that our country still continues to prove that the corruption here is so high that we refuse to take care of our own.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The bill is ready to go and it will cleanly to the senate where it is popular. If it stalls it will be because criminal traitor Mitch McConnell stalls it so he can show off at his Koch funded yacht club again.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Saw this yesterday and the part that bothered me the most was when he said something along the lines of "And when you finally admitted it was caused by the pile it then became 'it's a New York issue' " followed up by "Al Qaeda didn't say "death to tribeca".

As a NYer that one resonated with me because here they sit year after year doing little to nothing meanwhile I bet many of them not from NY used "never forget" and one time or another.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The bill is ready to go and it will cleanly to the senate where it is popular. If it stalls it will be because criminal traitor Mitch McConnell stalls it so he can show off at his Koch funded yacht club again.
According to the site posted earlier, 39 are co-sponsors and 61 are not. Once again, the majority of those against it are R, with 45 of them against it and 8 for it.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
If Trump wants an easy win, this is a time where he should do the right thin thing and strongarm the Senate to pass this.

IMO, Stewart should pass over the Senate and go straight to the President

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
His testimony tore me up. His rage is rightfully justified, as there is simply no goddamn excuse for pushing off such an important bill that would help those who risked their lives. It is absolutely disgraceful that our country still continues to prove that the corruption here is so high that we refuse to take care of our own.

Outside of the GI Bill, have we ever taken care of our own?

Freezeezy

Banned
Feb 23, 2018

The reason he had this on the show in 2010 in the first place was because the bill was in danger of not being funded. And now again.

No one other than Barack Obama could've adressed the committee the way Jon did. That's why he's the one.
Not because the media is too fixated on celebs. This is the very rare occassion that this is not the case.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a good piece of theatre and I dont doubt Jons righteous anger over this. I miss his show, none of the replacements completely scratch the itch.The real problem is in the senate though, and where the anger should be diverted towards, rather than the democratic controlled chamber. Will there even be hearings over it in the senate?

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
The bill passed unanimously today via the House Judiciary Committee , which would extend the funding to 2090. Full vote is expected to take place in July.

God bless them all for sacrificing so much for others. When human instinct tells you to run, these men and women head straight into disaster. Putting it all on the line for strangers, knowing full well the dangers. We should always take care of them when they need us most, without hesitation. I hope it doesn't take a person of celebrity status to usher in what should be common sense and human decency to take place in the future.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
I was going to make a new topic but then I remembered that I don't make topics so someone else can do it.

Luis Alvarez, former NYPD cop who advocated for 9/11 responders with Jon Stewart, dies

22a18791-b7ae-4a4b-b508-5d5c608f4478-XXX__JG_138068_Jon_Stewart_Cong_6_11_jmg_02857.JPG

OMFG. Comparing before pic and after. Holy Shit. That man is a hero and didn't deserve to suffer like that. God Bless him and his family. He sacrificed his life and health to save others at a time of tragedy and devoted his time and effort for it. He didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve sitting in front of GOP members who don't give two shits about him. He deserved more.

Not just him of course every person who sacrificed their lives to protect the people of New York. God bless them all.

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, I feel like I'm missing something.

Why are the first responders in need of medical funds? What happened to them?
The head of the Bush EPA Christie Todd Whitman, said that the air down at the pile was safe to breathe when it was not. Eighteen years later and the first responders are dropping like flies due to 9/11 related illnesses and they had to beg Congress for funds. Also, retired Detective Lou Alverez, who was next to Stewart during his last testimony a week or so ago died yesterday.