• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Official Deadline article:
jonah-hill-e1569279089585.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: We hear that the two-time Oscar nominee is no longer in talks to play the villain in Warner Bros. reboot of The Batman starring Robert Pattinson. Essentially talks broke down, which happens on big pics like these. We originally broke the news that Jonah Hill was in talks to play a villain in the movie, either Riddler or Penguin. We understand Warners is circling around new candidates already for one of those roles in the Matt Reeves-directed DC movie.
We heard that there was interest from the production in Seth Rogen for the role of the Penguin, however, but I hear no offers or talks occurred.
SETH ROGEN?!

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't bother me at all. If David Tennant is seriously in the running for the Riddler, just make THAT the movie.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lets get Jim Carrey back, fuck it. He's the reason why Batman Forever is the best Batman movie.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
LOL...what?

I'd say that's a good thing...right?

I can't even visualize him as Batman.

Edit** OH! As the Riddler or Penguin...ok, that would work. I was so confused.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to know what role he was going to do. I know the popular guess was Penguin.
It was Penguin or Riddler. He wanted one role, and they wanted him for the other. Money was also an issue.

The talks with Hill are at an early and sensitive stage, not because of dealmaking but because the two sides can't decide which character the actor will play, according to sources. The Penguin and the Riddler are the two characters that are in the conversation. It is unclear if the two sides will be able to find common ground, say sources.

OP
OP
DMVfan123

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I'll say this: Paul Walter Hauser from Blakkklansman was rumored for the Penguin part, and if he knocks it out of the park with Richard Jewell I could see him getting Penguin

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Everyone wanting Hill to play Penguin just because he's pudgy. I'm looking at him going, "Man he would've been a super fun Clock King."

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Oh dear Lawd please give Hader a role as a villain he would be absolutely incredible. His range is amazing and he can effortlessly transition between personalities on a whim

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
They should bring back Jim Carrey to do a serious "played straight" version of Riddler.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Good, now you can focus on getting Michael Emerson for Riddler.

Wow. Never knew how badly I wanted this.
He's be beyond perfect. Probably too small a name For them though :(.

bummer, gee thanks.

that said,I'd be interested to see Jonah or Seth and what they'd do in arole like this. Though of that lot I'd prefer Jason Segal or Bill Hader personally