• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Honestly, I think it's more likely that Hickman just doesn't want to deal with X Man or other complications. If he does want to give a reason, the precog rule is the best one given the information we have on hand. X Man's precognition is FAR beyond what any of the other (known) telepaths on Krakoa have displayed and Cable still has the TO Virus so that particular problem is solved for him at least. Hell, they have a reason for even keeping it on him since he'll just burn out without it.

we actually don't really disagree on the first point. X-man from a narrative standpoint is needless confusion, since multiple copies of Nathan Christopher Summers wandering about Krakoa aren't exactly a good thing. I also believe that Hickman just doesn't want to deal with the complication his existence causes. Jean, Scott, and Young Cable appear to be operating as a family unit. Introducing an older Alt-universe clone of Scott's kid just makes this family dynamic even more ludicrous than it already is.

As for Cable, it's funny you mention this since the primary reason Nate Grey went off the deep end was that his body was dying/burning out. (despite this not really supposed to be a thing anymore).

That problem is solved. Proteus burns out once a week, and in some cases once a day. If they wanted to keep bodies on hand for Xman or Cable to use as they burn up their current ones they very easily could.

Eh, from the way I read it at least, Xavier and Magneto want ALL mutants back eventually, so I imagine we'll be seeing both Blindfold and Destiny at some point.

Could be.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for the summer house , that was a great issue going to read it again later. About time the X-Men are like happy just a whole different vibe.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
Remember the Sinister Secrets thing? "She's married with a kid, He's the best at what he does?"

Wolverine is probably more interested in Moira in the current status quo than anything else. Life 6 Moira appeared to be heavily involved with him, and this may have also been the case for Life 9.
I have seen this bandied about a lot, but how does Sinister know that Moira is alive anyway? I guess it could be Moira and Hickman is misdirecting everyone.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tyP-jrazT5YeBYU_-bZ03apWa7Pq_40cwDq81_MnMJ58WRuNiMyIj1ia5lhNXwvkzcnPblZrbf1K13WVvE0UMAnXe649bszdYmcNUpQogCYdK5LBYsRa1Bz4zBCl4CKZGYm6jDXYgg=s1600

34_large.png
Both Cyclops and Wolverine's rooms have doors into Jean's
34_large.png

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I have seen this bandied about a lot, but how does Sinister know that Moira is alive anyway? I guess it could be Moira and Hickman is misdirecting everyone.

The "sinister secrets" thing seems to be something that was written some time ago (note that some are "solved") and not like, last week. She separated from James McTaggart some time ago and I assume isn't married (anymore).

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I know that people were saying that Sinister secret was about Moira but I read it again and the emphasis on the husband makes me thinks it actually is Cyclops/Logan/Jean. It also sounds more like a series of affairs with willful ignorance than an actual poly relationship to me but idk

Which would mean Cyclops is hooking up with someone else anyway. Would Emma be down with that?

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I know that people were saying that Sinister secret was about Moira but I read it again and the emphasis on the husband makes me thinks it actually is Cyclops/Logan/Jean. It also sounds more like a series of affairs with willful ignorance than an actual poly relationship to me but idk

Which would mean Cyclops is hooking up with someone else anyway. Would Emma be down with that?

i mean, he and her are riding a dinosaur together in a couple months. That's being betrothed in some cultures.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Wolverine all up in Jean so much he can't hang with his family? Laura, Daken, Honey Badger, fuck lets bring up Cannon Foot, go home Logan.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
That floor plan. Lol.
So, is Jean married with a kid (Cable)?

Scott doesn't mind, cause he's still chilling with Emma?

Sinister's secret ain't really secret?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I just finished hox/pox #6. As an X-Men Comics beginner with some lore background I have some questions about the end:

What I understand:
- the new endgame is not humans vs mutants anymore, it's both or just mutants stalling technical advancement long enough to prevent Homo novissima from popping up
- Homo novissima pops up when technical advancements enable dna manipulation and dna manipulation enables machine advancement
- Homo novissima develops a god complex
- Moira tried to stay alive as long as possible during live 6 to see the endgame and understand the who and why
- she is the reason that Xavier is behaving different because she needed him to lose his love of humanity
- there is still at least one darker secret behind the three of Moira, Xavier and Magneto to be unveiled

What I don't understand:
- Homo novissima is behaving like a personified villain that's been around forever - it is still at least decades out from ever existing as even a first, isn't it?
- and from there it's evolving without evolution thanks to machine. But that is as a species not as an individual?
- what exactly was that plan? If it understood what Moira is, why would it send both her and wolverine off world? That wouldn't prevent suicide at any point - that was even possible in the zoo
- is Sinister the one that kick-starts Homo novissima with his dna manipulation?
- does it matter if they use a normal human or a mutant as a base?
- why does Homo novissima act like it had planned all this out? It clearly didn't at the point most of the X-Men universe takes place in.
- what is the second Krakoa?
- is there anything in the books so far that took place there?

Overall I loved the world building and the setting of a giant play board that can develop a lot without reaching a new stale status quo soon. But there are maybe too many hooks at play here to get people to read on. I get that it's too much to develop all of it in 12 issues, but they have basically wet up an unsolved mystery a page.

I feel like reading on at least a little, so I'll probably get the X-Men comics and the other one that Hickman writes - was it New Mutants?

jokingbird

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished hox/pox #6. As an X-Men Comics beginner with some lore background I have some questions about the end:

What I understand:
- the new endgame is not humans vs mutants anymore, it's both or just mutants stalling technical advancement long enough to prevent Homo novissima from popping up
- Homo novissima pops up when technical advancements enable dna manipulation and dna manipulation enables machine advancement
- Homo novissima develops a god complex
- Moira tried to stay alive as long as possible during live 6 to see the endgame and understand the who and why
- she is the reason that Xavier is behaving different because she needed him to lose his love of humanity
- there is still at least one darker secret behind the three of Moira, Xavier and Magneto to be unveiled

What I don't understand:
- Homo novissima is behaving like a personified villain that's been around forever - it is still at least decades out from ever existing as even a first, isn't it?

It was more that humans were always the enemy as they eventually become Homo Novissima.

- and from there it's evolving without evolution thanks to machine. But that is as a species not as an individual?

Evolution ceases to matter when they can manipulate their own DNA.

- what exactly was that plan? If it understood what Moira is, why would it send both her and wolverine off world? That wouldn't prevent suicide at any point - that was even possible in the zoo

If Moira was to die before they could be absorbed into the Phalanx then reality would reset (which is what happened when Wolverine killed her). They were going to be sent off planet so that they would be absorbed before that happened. The Phalanx can exist outside of time when they enter into a dominion. If they knew about Moira's power they would snuff her out when she is born, and prevent the rebirth cycle.

- is Sinister the one that kick-starts Homo novissima with his dna manipulation?

I believe this was a different reality that will come into play later on based on how the dominions exist. Sinister created an omega-based chimera batch with a hive mind that was corrupted and all died (or did they?) after collapsing into a self-singularity. Most likely we will see this hive mind in the future.

- does it matter if they use a normal human or a mutant as a base?

It was humans in the book, that is never brought up from what I can see.

- why does Homo novissima act like it had planned all this out? It clearly didn't at the point most of the X-Men universe takes place in.

I think that was just a villain speech about how humanity would always adapt and win.

- what is the second Krakoa?
- is there anything in the books so far that took place there?

Not sure about these.

Overall I loved the world building and the setting of a giant play board that can develop a lot without reaching a new stale status quo soon. But there are maybe too many hooks at play here to get people to read on. I get that it's too much to develop all of it in 12 issues, but they have basically wet up an unsolved mystery a page.

I feel like reading on at least a little, so I'll probably get the X-Men comics and the other one that Hickman writes - was it New Mutants?

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
The "sinister secrets" thing seems to be something that was written some time ago (note that some are "solved") and not like, last week. She separated from James McTaggart some time ago and I assume isn't married (anymore).

The whole thing says something to the effect of "maybe this is how things are now the mutant island" which I figure refers to Krakoa not Muir.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Mr Sinister give Cyclops his glasses? And since when is Polaris Magneto's daughter? Could've sworn they retconned that.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda weird for Cyclops to be telling Polaris about Nathan being born, and all he had to go through (T-O virus, having to give him up to be taken 2,000 years into the future to save his life, etc), when the mutant responsible for all that is on the council of Krakoa....literally an all's well that ends well brush over, lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weird for Cyclops to be telling Polaris about Nathan being born, and all he had to go through (T-O virus, having to give him up to be taken 2,000 years into the future to save his life, etc), when the mutant responsible for all that is on the council of Krakoa....literally an all's well that ends well brush over, lol
I mean again Vulcan is invited to the family reunion and he fucked up the entire galaxy

It's life

Hell Corsair and his crew was fighting against and iirc they tried to kill each other and Vulcan was hunting them down and Havok to kill or imprison them

The father is really forgiving

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if that's quite it. We've got a pink crystal, and Devo talking about how Erasmus was a "great strategist and hunter" and "a tower of a man"...

I think Dr. Gregor is going to bring her husband back as Nimrod.
It would make sense and would explain Nimrod having a personality because he's actually a human in a robot

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So Lorna seems to have doubt about all this, right? She flat out asks Scott if he really believes the dream has been realized.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Wait..Jean's room in between Wolverine and Scott's. I'm not interested in another romantic plot line between these 3 unless Hickman makes the men bisexual and attracted to each other. Vulcan characterization was weird too.

great issue though, and I'm glad Marvel gives a fuck about the X-Men again.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is Cable still infected, couldn't they cure him? Via Ressurection, or by the brillaint minds they have at Krakoa like Sinister, or.. by Apocalypse himself?