• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Is Cable still infected, couldn't they cure him? Via Ressurection, or by the brillaint minds they have at Krakoa like Sinister, or.. by Apocalypse himself?

Hickman said things like that are story opportunities.

There could be a reason for it or not one at all, but basically part of the point of HOX/POX was to give writers a plate to eat off of for years. So questions like that aren't going to be quickly answered or answered any time soon at all.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hickman said things like that are story opportunities.

There could be a reason for it or not one at all, but basically part of the point of HOX/POX was to give writers a plate to eat off of for years. So questions like that aren't going to be quickly answered or answered any time soon at all.

I just hope if he's cured this time it sticks.

I don't want him cured then a year later he's infected again.

Oct 26, 2017
The famous college drinking game?

giphy.gif

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait..Jean's room in between Wolverine and Scott's. I'm not interested in another romantic plot line between these 3 unless Hickman makes the men bisexual and attracted to each other. Vulcan characterization was weird too.

great issue though, and I'm glad Marvel gives a fuck about the X-Men again.

Xavier reboots everyone to be poly just for laughs

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Wolverine all up in Jean so much he can't hang with his family? Laura, Daken, Honey Badger, fuck lets bring up Cannon Foot, go home Logan.
Those empty rooms probably wind up occupied by Laura and Honey Badger, honestly. Cable's in a book with Laura, after all. Daken? Probably flips everyone the bird and fucks on off after he's resurrected.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Daken should definitely stay dead. Because he's super fucking lame.
Charles: "Well surely no one would mind if I did one of our heroes who sacrificed so much for us a little preferential treatment and move his son to the front of the li..."

Wolverine: "No! I mean... I appreciate it, Chuck, but fair is fair, after all."

Trafalgar Law

Nov 6, 2017
Wait..Jean's room in between Wolverine and Scott's. I'm not interested in another romantic plot line between these 3 unless Hickman makes the men bisexual and attracted to each other. Vulcan characterization was weird too.

great issue though, and I'm glad Marvel gives a fuck about the X-Men again.
cmon that would be such a bait and switch , from wheere ?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Wait..Jean's room in between Wolverine and Scott's. I'm not interested in another romantic plot line between these 3 unless Hickman makes the men bisexual and attracted to each other.
Don't think they're bi (though it's not impossible) but both of them are definitely sleeping with Jean and both of them are absolutely aware of this fact.

Wouldn't doubt Scott's sleeping with Emma too. That beer pass off was definitely them coming to an understanding.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Note that there are no doors or walls in between those 3 rooms. And only between those 3 rooms, the others have walls.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think they're bi (though it's not impossible) but both of them are definitely sleeping with Jean and both of them are absolutely aware of this fact.

Wouldn't doubt Scott's sleeping with Emma too. That beer pass off was definitely them coming to an understanding.
Yeah, in light of this issue I looked back at the sinister secrets and I guess that's what's happening. The conversation Scott had with his dad also kind of hints toward it. I guess they've come to an understanding, and Scott is seeing somebody else (and the wording from the secret makes it seem like it isn't Emma). Mutants can't get STDs, right?

It also seems like Hickman is going to get right to the "new" Summers brother considering how much of a focus the family was in this issue.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All 2 of us are happy!

All 3 of us! Yup I agree with above post I think they come to an understanding , regarding his relationship. At the end of the day I think Scott is going to end up with Jean for good this time. This open door policy is a trial lol there all living there single loves for right now.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
High Evolutionary kidnapped a couple of kids, experimented on them, didn't like the results and returned them to their parents, but told them that their kids were dead and these were a couple of mutant kids he found and the parents just went along with it.
My question was answered and now im more confused than ever.
So Lorna seems to have doubt about all this, right? She flat out asks Scott if he really believes the dream has been realized.
Anyone else think that moment bares a very deliberate resemblence to Moiras "its not a dream if its real" to Xavier?

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if that's quite it. We've got a pink crystal, and Devo talking about how Erasmus was a "great strategist and hunter" and "a tower of a man"...

I think Dr. Gregor is going to bring her husband back as Nimrod.

That doesn't invalidate what I said...she can't bring back his body, she says there's nothing left, and even if there was, it would just be a shell...so his memories had to have been backed up somehow in order to "bring him back", and then we see the crystal. Just instead of uploading to a biological husk like the Krakoan process...it'll be technological

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
Pretty good issue. Not a fan of the whole Wolverine/Jean/Scott thing. I wish that tired storyline would just get resolved one way or another.
I mean, to me it finally has been resolved? Scott is Jean's husband, and Logan is her boyfriend.

With everyone's dead mutant lovers coming back alive some characters will need to either get fluid or deal with 15 concurrent breakups. I honestly hope we get both stories for some characters. For Jean/Logan/Scott, I think this is a lovely way to put in in the background for a while.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, to me it finally has been resolved? Scott is Jean's husband, and Logan is her boyfriend.

With everyone's dead mutant lovers coming back alive some characters will need to either get fluid or deal with 15 concurrent breakups. I honestly hope we get both stories for some characters. For Jean/Logan/Scott, I think this is a lovely way to put in in the background for a while.

Yep. I think what'll happen next is in X-Men 3, when Scott and Emma go on that mission together, Emma will probably just... act like she usually does lol

Like that would be the hardest confirmation of all haha.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017

oh fuck no. At least Emma and Scott were in a relationship. Beyond a kiss here and there and latent attraction there was nothing serious between Jean and Logan. I just can't picture Jean being into this kind of relationship.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Noticed something about the Summers House map:

It lists bedrooms, a kitchen, living area, and dining room.

No bathrooms.

Do mutants poop?

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck no. At least Emma and Scott were in a relationship. Beyond a kiss here and there and latent attraction there was nothing serious between Jean and Logan. I just can't picture Jean being into this kind of relationship.
I mean, I think most people who didn't have a particular moral objection to it would be up for an arrangement where they could have the person they love and the good friend they think is pretty hot if the both of them were cool with it.

The biggest obstacle has always been Cyclops and Wolverine's egos. Once they come to terms I don't see what stops Jean from getting what Jean wants.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
Anyone else think it's weird that the mutants went through all that trouble to establish themselves as a nation and a paradise, but then a bunch of them (including a council member) decides to go live on the moon? What sort of message does that send.

Oct 25, 2017

For me, that's less a resolution and more a compromise.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
But it's still physically on the moon and not on the island
But Krakoa is Krakoa. With the doors bullshit that's just him getting a nice view.

I'll give you that it would be nice to have some class struggle shenanigans in Hickman's run. But I don't know if anyone is "poor" on Krakoa as it is.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Wolverine all up in Jean so much he can't hang with his family? Laura, Daken, Honey Badger, fuck lets bring up Cannon Foot, go home Logan.
They're probably going to make Rachel his biological daughter. There's a few hints to that (mirrored cover pose, mirrored room placement, etc) and it's been a long running fan theory that other writers paid some lip-service to before (Aaron, Claremont).

I do wonder about the Mongrels though and if any of them were resurrected on Krakoa (some were mutants iirc)?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just seems strange how they keep harping on about their "paradise" and then don't even actually want to live there.

Basically view it like this. Scott is THE general of Krakoa. The Summers house is listed as also being a first response center for missions and crisis. It's like a military base on the moon that a general and his family live on.

Only difference is that this military base has magic doors that instantly go back home.