• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
...did we ever get an answer on why kurt has that sweet claymore?
Dont get me wrong, i love it, it just seems so out of nowhere.

For a while, he was the keeper of Amanda Sefton's Soulsword, which this might be.

nightcrawler3-10.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
don't like that children of the atom is using cyclops, jean and gambit as they're already in current books. spread the love around some more!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
don't like that children of the atom is using cyclops, jean and gambit as they're already in current books. spread the love around some more!

I kinda agree with that. Especially considering what the book is about.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing some from the second generation of mutants who are now all adults, mixed in with the third generation teaching a new generation.

Also can we finally have Karma's siblings age up and get some powers?

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. But Marvel have probably done some focus groups that show that someone wants to read more X-books featuring these three. Just be thankful Wolverine isn't in there. Yet.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
It does feel awkward to offer even more exposure to characters who already have plenty of exposure, when there is a literal island's worth of mutants just sitting there waiting for their chance.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. But Marvel have probably done some focus groups that show that someone wants to read more X-books featuring these three. Just be thankful Wolverine isn't in there. Yet.

Between Kitty, Jubilee, Armor, X-23 and Quentin, Wolverine has already fulfilled his sidekick training hours obligations.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Between Kitty, Jubilee, Armor, X-23 and Quentin, Wolverine has already fulfilled his sidekick training hours obligations.
Don't forget Glob and (in a fucked up way) Marrow. Even Colossus, Rogue, Karma, Cannoball, Rachel, Elixir, Pixie, Oya and Hope at points, probably others that are slipping my mind too. Logan basically collects teenagers.

Oct 25, 2017
COTA2020001_CHANG-scaled.jpg

better look at the new characters in children of the atom. angel sidekick is actually a black guy and not blue like i thought, so thats cool. jean grey sidekick has a sort of luchador style mask so maybe latino? glad to see some more poc representation in the new team considering the adults are 5 white folk.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
COTA2020001_CHANG-scaled.jpg

better look at the new characters in children of the atom. angel sidekick is actually a black guy and not blue like i thought, so thats cool. jean grey sidekick has a sort of luchador style mask so maybe latino? glad to see some more poc representation in the new team considering the adults are 5 white folk.

also the Nightcrawler person could be Asian or something.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Just looking at the cover I fear that Children of the Atom will be a tad too derivative for me but I'll still give it a look. I suspect there's more going on than "hey look a bunch of young mutants that have the same powers as classic X-Men"!

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
On the surface the copy kids look like characters destined to be banished to the shadow realm and forgotten, sure hope they got something crazy up their sleeve with them, easy route is Sinister shenanigans.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Children of the Atom looks like the Direct-To-VHS animated spin off featuring the never before seen neighbors of the X-Men.

xclk07

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anyone translate the last bit of Excalibur?

And boy.... what an ending to Marauders! Looks like they're addressing Kitty's "mystery" sooner rather than later!

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
Excalibur is going to end with something like
Apocalypse is dead, Long Live Apocalypse
isn't it.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

After fighting off X-Cutioner and other attackers, the team splits up, leaving Kate Pryde on the deck of one of the ships, with Lockheed. She is ambushed by Sebastian Shaw(Wanting more seats on the council), who captures Lockheed in some kind of net and throws him into the ocean. He uses some kind of krakoan vine pod things to trap Kate on the deck, claims that she is likely not part of the resurrection protocol, and he sinks the ship with her on it and she is shown drowning as it goes under the waves.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
h6dMhst.png

Actually, we know Kate is fine and/or backed up anyway, because she's on multiple F4/X-Men covers.
I really like they are gonna do a followup to that Kitty / Franklin big sister / little brother moment :)
ff-vs-x-men-4.jpg

But give Franklin his Power Pack costume back >:( (And age Katie accordingly!)

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
I thought it was pretty clear that
it was all a ploy by Emma to get Kate to take the Red Queen spot. Hell, Krakoa may not have even been involved... she could have just made Kate think she couldn't go through the portal.

Also, there is nothing that says they couldn't resurrect non-mutants (if Kate really isn't a mutant like some in-universe rumors are saying)

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I think it's more Shawn's arrogance rather than an actual flaw in the writing.

It's worth remembering the backups occur only once in a while, so even if she's brought back instantly she's not going to remember him killing her. Her death will be as much a mystery to her as everyone else. So theres not really that much risk for Shaw as long as he was successful.

The real question is will Lockheed get a backup?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's worth remembering the backups occur only once in a while, so even if she's brought back instantly she's not going to remember him killing her. Her death will be as much a mystery to her as everyone else. So theres not really that much risk for Shaw as long as he was successful.

Better question. Does Dragon fire work underwater?

Oct 26, 2017

Wasn't that just for the distributed backups?

Apocalypse, for example, seems to remember everything.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
So, does --[A]-- still have the techno-organic virus? Or is he running "pure" now?

Also him and Evan need to have a talk at some point.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure Shaw believes or has some kind of insider knowledge on Kate not being part of the resurrection protocols. Could be a case of the X-Men having to rebirth Kate manually and not an automatic process. Maybe they'll have to go physically retrieve the body to confirm her death.

Or maybe she's just not dead? Can't she float to the surface by semi-phasing?

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did we ever get an unredacted version of the HoX #1 script? Having the redacted version only is driving me bananas.

Don't have the issue, but it honestly seems like poor writing on Duggan's part.

Regular team leader and former headmistress of the school isn't backed up? Come on now. LOL

I think the poor writing is more Shaw assuming the resurrection protocols have anything to do with the portals not working. Unless Shaw knows some major fact about Kitty (e.g. she's not a mutant, or she hasn't been backed up like the rest), the two mechanics aren't linked in any meaningful way that would suggest the cause and effect relationship.