Jonathan Hickman's X-Men |OT| Adaptation or Dominance(Open Spoilers, Gambit is the Witness)

How should we tag spoilers?

• Day of release spoilers are fine

Votes: 109 51.7%
  • Give each issue a one week spoiler tag

Votes: 65 30.8%
  • sPoiLEr tAGs fOR eVerYThinG

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • No spoiler tags at all-even for speculation

Votes: 23 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Nice that it ended up being Moira IX. Though I do hope these characters return somehow in the X timeline

Excellent issue. Damn at Apocalypse getting wrecked like that

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wonder - do the timelines carry on after Moira dies?

Because the Librarian has Cylobel in X3, but Cylobel was captured in the Moira 9 Lifetime, where Moira dies in X2.

So the Librarian has to be in the same Moira 9 timeline, or Cylobel also needs to exist and be captured in another timeline.

Also, I wonder why it says "Akkaba" under "Mother" in Moria's description on the Inhabitants of Asteroid K diagram. Apparently that's some Apocalypse bloodline cult?

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
This is a good question and I was trying to determine how to phrase this. It seems like it can’t right? It’s not like they are alternate realities...I can’t wrap my head around how this works.
I guess the timeline continues as an alternate reality. Depends on the specifics of Moira’s power. Her reencarnation resets the reality?

But even if that particularly reality continues, is it relevant to the narrative? I mean we can continues to see the outcoming, but since Moira isn’t around anymore the knowledge of that reality from the point of Moira’s death is lost, it cannot influence Moira’s next life anymore.

Oct 29, 2017
Remender's X-Force is something that I actually don't understand the love it gets, I thought it was so bad that I had to stop reading cape comics for a bit.

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized, if that was Moira 9, then Apocalypse used Krakoa just as Xavier does in Moira 10. Of course, she would be able to tell him all about it...

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just realized, if that was Moira 9, then Apocalypse used Krakoa just as Xavier does in Moira 10. Of course, she would be able to tell him all about it...
Hell, this might be where Xavier got the idea. What’s crazy is that Xavier apparently knew all about Krakoa when he sent one team to be captured, one team to be killed, and one team to rescue the first team. Unless he mindwiped himself or something.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
We really need a full graph of the Moira timelines in the OP or something. I like to reference it while I'm at work doing spreadsheets.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
So, I'd thought that Mystique & Co were breaking into Damage Control to steal the information on when Nimrod was created and the circumstances that led to his creation.

That's weird, though - Moira 9 has that information. That's the whole point of their heist in her 9th life. So she withheld it from Xavier/Mags and somehow Stark/Richards got it?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's probably more that she knows the when and how. Mystique and company are there to steal the current timeline specifics, because while events play out similarly they aren't 100% the same due to her changing things as it goes.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So, I'd thought that Mystique & Co were breaking into Damage Control to steal the information on when Nimrod was created and the circumstances that led to his creation.

That's weird, though - Moira 9 has that information. That's the whole point of their heist in her 9th life. So she withheld it from Xavier/Mags and somehow Stark/Richards got it?
I thought the information they stole was just confirmation that there was a MasterMold being constructed in space by ex AIM/SHIELD/SWORD etc. peeps. This just confirmed what Moira had already told Xavier regarding her previous timeline.

At least that's the way I understand it.

Manmademan

Aug 6, 2018

I think there are enough differences between the world Moira 9 and Moira 10 live in that Moira 10 doesn't know the exact circumstances surrounding Nimrod's construction.

The rise of AI is inevitable- kill off the trasks and someone else will do it. Nimrod likely arose "around the same time" in Moira 10, but different people and circumstances were responsible for it's construction. The "heist" was meant to tell them precisely who was building it and where in Moira 10, rather than a general idea of what would lead to it.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hell, this might be where Xavier got the idea. What’s crazy is that Xavier apparently knew all about Krakoa when he sent one team to be captured, one team to be killed, and one team to rescue the first team. Unless he mindwiped himself or something.
The layers to this one are just wild
He understood the importance of Krakoa. I don’t think he wipe his mind, otherwise he may not simple send a team to investigate it, he need to be sure that original Krakoa was discovered, even if it means losing a team. Wild.