• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Are we ready for this Wednesday, X-Fam?

Ready to have my mind ripped open

uxkg3wX_d.jpg

JDazzle

Nov 6, 2017
My prediction:
The future is Moira's 6th life, of which she bargained with the Phalanx to join with them, die, and then be brought back to try again. Her subsequent lives were all planned out using the Phalanx's mind thus leading to the current timeline.

Also, SHE MAY NOT HAVE THE BEST INTENTIONS! *insert ominous music here*

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
so the X0 timeline is not happening over the period of one year, right? If the present timeline is year 10 since the formation of the X-men how come Moira is in her fifties if she and Xavier met when she was 17?

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
It's from the first series of Uncanny Avengers. A good read!

The Four Horsemen were Daken, Sentry, Banshee and Grim Reaper.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
wait it's monday?

fuck
This was me all day yesterday. Don't know why I convinced myself I was going to wake up to PoX.
One day of spoiler resistance to go!

Edit: One question to the people reading the spoilers. Hype check - Is this indeed a red issue?

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's too late to complain about it now, but yet another possible/incorrect future-- The Hulk, Mr. Immortal, and Franklin Richards are supposed to be only "humans" left alive. But I heard the latter will be mentioned in PoX #6, though?
Franklin and Immortal are mutants Hulk probably somehow remained hidden or no longer counts

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
My prediction:
The future is Moira's 6th life, of which she bargained with the Phalanx to join with them, die, and then be brought back to try again. Her subsequent lives were all planned out using the Phalanx's mind thus leading to the current timeline.

Also, SHE MAY NOT HAVE THE BEST INTENTIONS! *insert ominous music here*
Holy shit. This is it.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers Will not click spoilers

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Still staying strong. Only 12 hours to go.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it the last issue and we still have redactions? :/

This issue was okay. It kind of felt like a B-story for HoX #6 with some assorted revelations - big revelations in some cases, but they still felt a bit like footnotes.

It does raise something that I'd always wondered about the X-Men - homo superior are objectively the next evolutionary stage of humans, but humans have developed tools and technology to ensure that we don't need to evolve any more to adapt to the environment. So evolution into mutants was never a done deal, because we don't have a harsh environment that only they can survive.

The big revelation for me is that Sinister hasn't been revealed to be messing with DNA or whatever. He's just a dick and Moira doesn't trust him. (And he chimera'd himself, but we knew that already.)

(Sidenote: Comixology releasing an issue in the store and then delivering it to subscribers half an hour later is baffling. It's made me late for work throughout this whole event, so I guess I'll be buying normally instead of subscribing from now on.)

Edit:
A concise retelling of Moira's lives.
2arxA05.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's that.
there's still so much more than I want to know details of. But at least we are streamlined now.
Logan is and will always be the best.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's that.
there's still so much more than I want to know details of. But at least we are streamlined now.
Logan is and will always be the best.

Remember the Sinister secret about him ("the best at what he does") and her ("married with a kid")? He and Moira are absolutely secret lovers. Chances are Xavier, Magneto, and Poc don't know that though... or at least not yet.

This was a good end. More of an epilogue, but the stakes are set and tangible, and this is easily the best new stat quo Marvel has done since Dark Reign. Looking forward to a bunch of this stuff coming up later/gestating in the background, and some fun X-Men action/drama in the meantime.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there was some meta I'm missing in this. I'll throw this in spoilers and hopefully someone can help me

Was the big revelation just that the mutants always lose, there is no way for Charles and Magneto to ever have this perfect world they want.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was a very satisfying ending. Not sure how much of the following books I'll actually keep up with, but HoX/PoX was a fantastic ride, and managed to stay on schedule! Last event I tried to follow was Secret Wars which was delay hell lol

Probably going to reread the entire thing tonight when I get home from work now that it's complete.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wow, this was a great ride. So much potential, such a strong starting point for storytelling and a satisfying story in itself.

I need to re-read this all and get those redactions read because Moira is still on the board (sort of). She is probably a husk at this point. Her notes on breaking Charles are... troubling. I am subscribed to all of Dawn of X, and I can't wait to see where we all go from here.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
It's good they set up the goal on where the entire series will head to.

i wish there's more

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I will give hickman kudos for pointing out that the whole "next step in human evolution" is fucking stupid

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Dangling the promise of bringing Destiny back to Mystique, that'll sure end well...and now we have an unofficial mutant law, no precogs on Krakoa

The secret of Moira, her past lives and all their doomed ends is like the sword of Damocles hanging over Krakoa

Was hoping for a few more minor reveals, but oh well

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Damn, what a ride. Great ending that delivered. Not quite a bang but that was expected, and I really love this new era we've entered.

Will be picking up Marauders and New Mutants, very excited for those but especially for the former. I wanted to follow X-Men (weird that there's no "Uncanny") too but budget says only follow two.

I still hate that Jean lost her Red suit though. Grr.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So how would Xavier have a backup of Destiny?

I'm not sure why "we always lose" is a surprise. Thats the whole point of Moira's lives, nothing ever worked and now theyre trying all of this Dawn of X stuff.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Great final issue. Sure, maybe less reveals that expected, but the thing is... It seems not so much was left to be revealed, only the main lingering question of the two series (life 6), and that's it. If you discount the redacted entries on Moira's diary the mini-series have answered all the main mysteries they set out with. Now it's a matter of finding out how Krakoa will evolve from here, and that's what the main series is for.

Some people seem to be disappointed by this being just the setup to a much larger run, but that's always what it was meant to be, and I'd say it's the best setup I've read in a long time. Certainly the most invested I've been reading comics on a weekly basis since at least Secret Wars (another Hickman series, he has a knack for this).

Little moment I loved: finding out that Moira saying "you're the best at what you do" in PoX #4 was actually a callback to her death on life 6.

RapidCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Great run, really looking forward to what happens next. Trying to figure out what run to follow next, but I might just end up going with all of them and seeing which ones I enjoy.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Something about all this is funny to me, like the end result of all this is... another genocide plot, except they have a really good plan this time.

I guess the ticking time bomb for this whole series now is when they end up reviving a precog.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Tidbit...so Moira the genetic pimp, in addition to finding Mactaggert, arranged for Gabrielle Haller and Xavier to produce Legion?

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that it turns out this isn't actually a galaxy brain master plan but a well-informed attempt to fight off the inevitable has actually made this X-Men future waaaaay more interesting to me. Like the morally questionable stuff is was more morally questionable now. The stuff that will inevitably go wrong is just that. I can dig it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a link to that article about the different series that are going to spin off from this? I promised myself I wouldn't read it until PoX 6 was over, and now I can't find it.

Nov 13, 2017
Why do they even need Mystique that much? If they are willing to do shadier stuff for the sake of the greater good, why not move her off the board? Krakoa stasis could be one solution.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
She's extremely useful power wise. And yeah, I imagine the stasis is plan B if it becomes too difficult.

She isn't though. Copycat/Vanessa Carlysle has the exact same powerset but is vastly better at it.

Tidbit...so Moira the genetic pimp, in addition to finding Mactaggert, arranged for Gabrielle Haller and Xavier to produce Legion?

Also interesting is that it seems like it's hinted that Moira screwing with Charles' mind that way was responsible for Onslaught.

Mystique gonna murder Moira super duper hard.

Which of course would be pointless, given what Moira's powerset is.

Last edited:

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So Comixology has issues 3 and 4 of most of these new series coming on December 4th and 18th. That's got to be a placeholder, right?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The fact that it turns out this isn't actually a galaxy brain master plan but a well-informed attempt to fight off the inevitable has actually made this X-Men future waaaaay more interesting to me. Like the morally questionable stuff is was more morally questionable now. The stuff that will inevitably go wrong is just that. I can dig it.

I dunno, I still think they have a galaxy brain master plan. The whole scene with Mags, Xavier, and Moira having tea this issue really hammers home that they're up to something above and beyond Krakoa and what's happening on the surface.

It's a pity that the "big revelation" this issue seems to be that X3 is Moira 6, something that had already been pretty consistently guessed. Now it just makes me wonder who the Librarian actually is, and how they got a Cylobel that looks exactly like Moira 9 Cylobel.

I'm starting to think that this whole story will end with Wolverine killing Moira, though.