• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I think outside of comics, Destiny only appeared in X-Men Legends 2, and X-Men Evolution.

Would be nice to see her pop up some more, cause I really love the part with her talking to Moira.

From his FF run.
Dpa99o_U0AUf4s3.jpg

Holy shit her expression at the end there lol.

BuddyJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Namor will come into play at all. He may be a joke mutant and a prick, but having underwater allies couldn't hurt, especially as an island nation.

Did Hickman use Namor in his FF run at all?
Namor has been a central figure in Hickman's FF and Avengers, I hope he makes a return for X-Men. Does anyone know if he is still hung up on Emma Frost?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I really like Hickman's stuff personally, but so many strange questions pop up after each issue i think it might be too dense for the audience.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Not that I disagree that 616 is the 10th but there's no reason that if this isn't 616 that the universe in the 11th is also the same as 616 up until HOX and POX.

There is no 11th. Moira isn't even guaranteed an 11th. Destiny said she *might* get one if she makes the right decision.

If there IS an 11th, its a good opportunity to edit out a lot of inconvenient or unwieldy continuity and reset the status quo on the X-men...which will probably be the case.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Namor has been a central figure in Hickman's FF and Avengers, I hope he makes a return for X-Men. Does anyone know if he is still hung up on Emma Frost?

Namor is busy being EXTREMELY CRAZY in Avengers and Invaders right now. Atlantis is basically at war with the rest of the world again and Namor is having hallucinations.

Oct 29, 2017
There is no 11th. Moira isn't even guaranteed an 11th. Destiny said she *might* get one if she makes the right decision.

If there IS an 11th, its a good opportunity to edit out a lot of inconvenient or unwieldy continuity and reset the status quo on the X-men...which will probably be the case.
Well she isn't guaranteed an 11th but they mentioned it so I'm assuming it's Chevoks weird reincarnated multiverse at this point.

Agree with what you say though, but surely that would have a massive effect on 616 as a whole? It would have to be that 11 is 616 all along, wouldn't it?

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Well she isn't guaranteed an 11th but they mentioned it so I'm assuming it's Chevoks weird reincarnated multiverse at this point.

Agree with what you say though, but surely that would have a massive effect on 616 as a whole? It would have to be that 11 is 616 all along, wouldn't it?

Not really. Continuity changes all the time, and 99% of what happens in the X-books is only ever referred to within the X-books themselves.

Edit: Ultimates 2 kind of commented on this, saying that the past of 616 is just as fluid as the future, using Blue Marvel as an in-universe example. From his perspective he had always existed, but the abstract powers were aware he was a retcon and an example of the past changing itself.

There are only a handful of marvel events that are a "constant" along the sliding timeline- from an Xmen perspective i think only Xavier forming the X-men, Giant Size Xmen, and Dark Phoenix really fit that bill.

Last edited:

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Continuity changes all the time, and 99% of what happens in the X-books is only ever referred to within the X-books themselves.

I think it would be weird for Hickman tonuse Moira's 11th Live to reset or change the continuity. Secret Wars already provided the perfect grounds for it and Hickman is not one of pulling the same tricks again.

Just noticed typing that the last of the Moira's lives is her 11th hour.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I think it would be weird for Hickman tonuse Moira's 11th Live to reset or change the continuity. Secret Wars already provided the perfect grounds for it and Hickman is not one of pulling the same tricks again.

Just noticed typing that the last of the Moira's lives is her 11th hour.

Depends on how big the change is. Secret Wars set up a universe thats 99% similar to the one that came before, but allows writers to ignore certain parts of continuity if its inconvenient.

If Hickman wants to radically reposition the Xmen and their relationship with the MU (especially given that they will be integrated into the MCU with the Fox buy) something more significant than the mulligan given out by Secret Wars might be necessary.

And honestly, the biggest issue with the Xmen and the wider MU has always been SHIELD/The Government actively manufacturing skyscraper sized mutant killing robots, and the Avengers etc just choosing to ignore it.

That worked ok when the Avengers/Xmen/Spiderman books existed in their own sandboxes, but its bizarre in the more highly integrated universe that currently exists.

Oct 29, 2017

Edit: Ultimates 2 kind of commented on this, saying that the past of 616 is just as fluid as the future, using Blue Marvel as an in-universe example. From his perspective he had always existed, but the abstract powers were aware he was a retcon and an example of the past changing itself.

There are only a handful of marvel events that are a "constant" along the sliding timeline- from an Xmen perspective i think only Xavier forming the X-men, Giant Size Xmen, and Dark Phoenix really fit that bill.
Okay so it's best just not to worry? This is the first comic I've ever read as it comes out so the only time I've really thought too much about continuity. I tend to pick stuff up and read them as they are, though it were a single story within a context I always roughly know.

That's how I read Hickman's other work and some of the Daredevil stuff.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Okay so it's best just not to worry? This is the first comic I've ever read as it comes out so the only time I've really thought too much about continuity. I tend to pick stuff up and read them as they are, though it were a single story within a context I always roughly know.

That's how I read Hickman's other work and some of the Daredevil stuff.

Yup. Don't worry about it.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
*Pushes glasses up bridge of nose*

So watching some random reviews and reaction vids of HOX #2 on YouTube, it's weird to me how many of them are like "Oh and some chick named Destiny", "Destiny, a new mutant I think", "Who is Destiny?"

I'd have thought her associations with Mystique, Rogue, the Brotherhood, Days of Future Past, the lead up to Legion Quest and Age of Apocalypse (included it's conclusion inside the M'Kraan crystal) would have made her more known

Or at least Google the character and browse a wiki before producing a vid meant to "inform"

Not to mention the butchering of the name "Moira"..."My-ra", "Moria"...

Which is even crazier as Destiny was in the 90s Cartoon and X-men Evolution.

And Moria's name was pronounced for them in two X-Men movies.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
And honestly, the biggest issue with the Xmen and the wider MU has always been SHIELD/The Government actively manufacturing skyscraper sized mutant killing robots, and the Avengers etc just choosing to ignore it.

That worked ok when the Avengers/Xmen/Spiderman books existed in their own sandboxes, but its bizarre in the more highly integrated universe that currently exists.

Long answer: Sentinels and the rise of machines were always a big part of X-Men mythos and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how it would work/be solved, even with continuity changes.

Short answer: in Hickman we trust.

Right answer: Cyclops was right.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Long answer: Sentinels and the rise of machines were always a big part of X-Men mythos and I am having a hard time trying to figure out how it would work/be solved, even with continuity changes.

Short answer: in Hickman we trust.

Right answer: Cyclops was right.

1.) This is true, but at some point it became clarified that the same people running/funding the Avengers were also running the sentinel program and this is a mess. The rise of sentinels and machine AI can still be a thing, but having Tony/Cap/Nick Fury/Maria Hill/etc complicit and/or unconcerned about their own teammates being murdered by the government they work for is flat out weird. They can/should exist, but probably not run by SHIELD or the DoD.

2.) It seems Hickman is setting the stage to eliminate this one entirely. At some point prior to year 1000, mutants and Nimrod simply cease the conflict and coexist after a "surprising result." If this result could be discovered and implemented before both sides wipe each other out, you have an Xmen continuity without the ever present threat of destruction via sentinels.

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
2.) It seems Hickman is setting the stage to eliminate this one entirely. At some point prior to year 1000, mutants and Nimrod simply cease the conflict and coexist after a "surprising result." If this result could be discovered and implemented before both sides wipe each other out, you have an Xmen continuity without the ever present threat of destruction via sentinels.

In HoX #2 we see Moira and Apocalypse mowing down Nimrod & co in the future - I wonder if that's part of the "surprise".

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
1.) This is true, but at some point it became clarified that the same people running/funding the Avengers were also running the sentinel program and this is a mess. The rise of sentinels and machine AI can still be a thing, but having Tony/Cap/Nick Fury/Maria Hill/etc complicit and/or unconcerned about their own teammates being murdered by the government they work for is flat out weird.

In the comics The Avengers have almost always been privately funded. 1st through Tony Stark and now through T'Challa.

The only time the Avengers have ever been run by the government is during the post-civil War era. When Tony Stark was Director of SHIELD.

And Norman's Dark Avengers when he was Director of HAMMER.

The Avengers have almost always had some sort of government liaison, but have never actually been run or controlled by the government.

The movies take more inspiration from the Ultimate Universe. Where the Ultimates were a group funded and run by SHIELD.

Edit I might be forgetting a couple moments in comic history but as a whole they usually are their own private group

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In the comics The Avengers have almost always been privately funded. 1st through Tony Stark and now through T'Challa.

The only time the Avengers have ever been run by the government is during the post-civil War era. When Tony Stark was Director of SHIELD.

The Avengers have almost always had some sort of government liaison, but have never actually been run or controlled by the government.

The movies take more inspiration from the Ultimate Universe. Where the Ultimates were a group funded and run by SHIELD.

Edit I might be forgetting a couple moments in comic history but as a whole they usually are their own private group
I was about to say, you will not be forgetting Henry Gyrich

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

Kinda. There was a period where Gyrich was their laison and was dictating how the group operated. This is why Falcon initially became a member- his participation was government mandated.

Edit: Spider-Man was offered membership by Cap in the 80s as well, but that offer had to be rescinded because they couldn't get clearance for him due to Jameson smearing him as a public menace.

Even when they're privately funded, as via stark or parker, the Avengers are authorized agents of the US government and issued credentials and badges to carry out their work.

They closely work with and are affiliated with SHIELD and the US government, and this was made explicit during Civil War II. Carol answered to an oversight committee and was using her authority to arrest people who had not yet committed crimes and throw them into government prisons.

The current implementation of Aaron's Avengers is the first time that hasnt been true in a long time- but that team is not based in the United States and is affiliated with Wakanda instead of the US.

Last edited:

Bloodarmz

Jul 11, 2018
Just read HoX2, and am I right in thinking that the events of PoX1 are from Moira's 9th life? Or is there too much ambiguity at this point to confirm that?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Kinda. There was a period where Gyrich was their laison and was dictating how the group operated. This is why Falcon initially became a member- his participation was government mandated.

Edit: Spider-Man was offered membership by Cap in the 80s as well, but that offer had to be rescinded because they couldn't get clearance for him due to Jameson smearing him as a public menace.

Even when they're privately funded, as via stark or parker, the Avengers are authorized agents of the US government and issued credentials and badges to carry out their work.

They closely work with and are affiliated with SHIELD and the US government, and this was made explicit during Civil War II. Carol answered to an oversight committee and was using her authority to arrest people who had not yet committed crimes and throw them into government prisons.

The current implementation of Aaron's Avengers is the first time that hasnt been true in a long time- but that team is not based in the United States and is affiliated with Wakanda instead of the US.

I mean during the Gyrich era. There was definitely more oversight from the government. But I never really saw them as part of the government, more like independent contractors. And even then they'd chaff against him and do there own thing

But thier status wouldn't make them necessarily privy to everything the government was up to regarding Sentinels.

In fact two plot points for Civil War 1 were that

1- the SRA was basically making Superheroes into SHIELD agents.

2- Tony had just discovered that Project Wide-Awake was a thing and an option to use against rebellious heroes.

The events of Civil War II are a little different. Carol is indeed both a member of SHIELD a member of the US Air Force. She absolute has oversight over her and her actions. Just like IRL in theory, a member of the US military still represents the military when out of uniform.

At that point the SRA had been overturned out of nowhere and if she has decided to do what she did without SHIELD she could have in theory operated without oversight. But the airman in her won out like it did in the first Civil War and she got them involved.

I'm not saying that the Avengers have never had to answer to the US government or something like that, I'm just saying that they have widely been independent of the government and probably not privy to confidential material such as Sentinel program.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I mean during the Gyrich era. There was definitely more oversight from the government. But I never really saw them as part of the government, more like independent contractors. And even then they'd chaff against him and do there own thing

But thier status wouldn't make them necessarily privy to everything the government was up to regarding Sentinels.

In fact two plot points for Civil War 1 were that

1- the SRA was basically making Superheroes into SHIELD agents.

2- Tony had just discovered that Project Wide-Awake was a thing and an option to use against rebellious heroes.

The events of Civil War II are a little different. Carol is indeed both a member of SHIELD a member of the US Air Force. She absolute has oversight over her and her actions. Just like IRL in theory, a member of the US military still represents the military when out of uniform.

At that point the SRA had been overturned out of nowhere and if she has decided to do what she did without SHIELD she could have in theory operated without oversight. But the airman in her won out like it did in the first Civil War and she got them involved.

I'm not saying that the Avengers have never had to answer to the US government or something like that, I'm just saying that they have widely been independent of the government and probably not privy to confidential material such as Sentinel program.

Thats the thing- the Sentinel program isn't confidential at all. Its an open secret who is making those, and Maria Hill freely admitted it when cyclops confronted her during Uncanny.

Edit: this also ignores the sentinel squad ONE stuff proposed by Val cooper. Not a secret, public knowledge.

If maria knows and is open about shield's role in their manufacture, then Stark knows, because stark was also a director. There is also NO WAY Rogers also doesn't know, he was a Shield Division Chief during the old man rogers era.

Panther absolutely knows, his entire schtick is knowing exactly what the US government is doing and being better at it.

The entire upper eschelon of the Avengers has been hip deep in what Shield has done for a very long time. None of them have bothered to intervene in the Sentinel program or even raise it as an issue. This is particularly inexcusable for Rogers (who formed the unity squad to improve human/mutant/inhuman relations) and Panther who is married to storm.

Its a very strange situation that marvel ignores but does not address.

Last edited:

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Finally read HoX #2.

I love how quickly it launches right into the fuckery. The "Moira's second life began..." line made me do a double take.

fepeinado

Circumventing a ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
It's his choice, like last time.

Wouldn't be surprised if he goes to DC
There were some bleeding cool rumors that both companies were interested in having him back and he ultimately decided to return to Marvel. I could see him there in a couple of years doing some Sovereign Seven kind of thing (that was joke, ok?)

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
There were some bleeding cool rumors that both companies were interested in having him back and he ultimately decided to return to Marvel. I could see him there in a couple of years doing some Sovereign Seven kind of thing (that was joke, ok?)
He's already stated he has a few dream projects over at DC, so will probably end up there eventually. Either way, we win.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Thats the thing- the Sentinel program isn't confidential at all. Its an open secret who is making those, and Maria Hill freely admitted it when cyclops confronted her during Uncanny.

Edit: this also ignores the sentinel squad ONE stuff proposed by Val cooper. Not a secret, public knowledge.

If maria knows and is open about shield's role in their manufacture, then Stark knows, because stark was also a director. There is also NO WAY Rogers also doesn't know, he was a Shield Division Chief during the old man rogers era.

Panther absolutely knows, his entire schtick is knowing exactly what the US government is doing and being better at it.

The entire upper eschelon of the Avengers has been hip deep in what Shield has done for a very long time. None of them have bothered to intervene in the Sentinel program or even raise it as an issue. This is particularly inexcusable for Rogers (who formed the unity squad to improve human/mutant/inhuman relations) and Panther who is married to storm.

Its a very strange situation that marvel ignores but does not address.

Fair Point. But Project Wide-Awake was confidential as Tony only learned of it when he was working with the government during Civil War.

I think Hickman is planning on addressing that though given the nature of the scene between Cyclops and the Fantastic Four.

I have always wanted someone to ask Sue, " what are you going to do when the Sentinels come for your child"

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
He's already stated he has a few dream projects over at DC, so will probably end up there eventually. Either way, we win.

Incoming Ambush Bug infographics!

Fair Point. But Project Wide-Awake was confidential as Tony only learned of it when he was working with the government during Civil War.

I think Hickman is planning on addressing that though given the nature of the scene between Cyclops and the Fantastic Four.

I have always wanted someone to ask Sue, " what are you going to do when the Sentinels come for your child"

I think it's especially weird because what really makes Sue or the others different from mutants?
  • Receiving powers at puberty through a genetic quirk: Abominable! A menace! They could do something bad, so let's round up/exerminate them all.
  • Receiving powers in a science accident: Totally cool and acceptable to most everyone but J. Jonah Jameson.
I get that the whole "mutants will replace us" panic factors in there, but it's already been shown that a lot of Super powers are passed down to their kids, too.

Did the Sentinels stop hunting Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Squirrel Girl when they went "actually, it turns out we're not mutants"?

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The end is, there isn't.

Pretty much every version of the Sentinels win future has shown that after the mutants are done all super humans are next.

It's sort of the Superhuman version of "First they came for..."

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Incoming Ambush Bug infographics!

I think it's especially weird because what really makes Sue or the others different from mutants?
  • Receiving powers at puberty through a genetic quirk: Abominable! A menace! They could do something bad, so let's round up/exerminate them all.
  • Receiving powers in a science accident: Totally cool and acceptable to most everyone but J. Jonah Jameson.
I get that the whole "mutants will replace us" panic factors in there, but it's already been shown that a lot of Super powers are passed down to their kids, too.

Did the Sentinels stop hunting Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch/Squirrel Girl when they went "actually, it turns out we're not mutants"?

Hickman's position is that the genoshan genocide is all that prevented mutants from having surpassed humanity as the dominant species on the planet. (this ignores the terrigen cloud and wanda's decimation, both of which SHOULD have been worse) As it is, Hickman estimates humanity will be in the minority in 20 years.

Funky math aside, there's no way mutants are breeding fast enough to replace humanity in a single generation. There's 7 billion people on earth, it's just not possible. The only way this works is if we aren't talking about people breeding and having kids, but an exponentially faster rate of mutants appearing due to activation of dormant X-genes.

The fantastic four, spiderman, and similar got their powers by accident, and even if 100% of their children were powered, they aren't a threat to replace humanity. X-gene activation is, however.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Never played that one. Was it any good?

I'm just making jokes. Destiny isn't in this, despite the name. The game is TERRIBLE and should never, ever be played.
That being said I DO own a sealed copy of this, because the story behind it is something else:

...discussions with former employees of XMDdeveloper Silicon Knights suggest that the game's fate was sealed long before Activision gave the project a green light back in 2009. The following story excerpts extensive interviews with former Silicon Knights employees who describe their experiences at what they say was a disorganized, unfocused company that squandered ample time and resources before being forced to release a game it was far from proud of.

..."I am writing to you in regards to Silicon Knights' upcoming title X-Men: Destiny," read the July 21, 2011 email from a mysterious, throwaway Hotmail account with the handle SK Whistleblower. "Silicon Knights' executive team has just recently implemented a new policy to discredit all employees who have recently resigned. This includes employees who have worked on it for between six months and three years. Between 35 to 45 former employees will fail to have their credits appear in the game."

I knew firsthand how to deal with such serious allegations. At the time, IGNhad recently published my 4,500 word feature story based on interviews with 11 anonymous former employees of the Australian studio Team Bondi, in which those developers detailed seven troubled years of work on L.A. Noire; years that culminated with many of those employees failing to receive the credit they believed they deserved for their work. Now, someone was suggesting that Silicon Knights was having similar problems with its latest title.

"SK didn't take the development of XMD seriously the entire time I was there," a source says. "They were working on an Eternal Darkness 2 demo that they could take to publishers. While I was there, they were even siphoning off staff from my [XMD] team to work on it." Sources allege that many of SK's programmers, artists and designers were not contributing to the final quality of XMD at all—at least, not in the first year of the game's development. "I was always complaining to the producers about this, as the numbers never worked out," the same source says. "Denis is not an X-Men fan either, so he didn't care much for the license. To him, it seemed more like a job to get us by, until ED2 could be developed and sold to a publisher—which never happened."

Another source said that "SK had about 60% of the development team working on XMD and the other 40% working on ED2. This was brought up several times; that some of the individuals on the other project were major contributors, and should be brought onto XMD to shore up the team and help them get back on track." (This 60%/40% staffing estimate was backed up by multiple sources.)

To further complicate matters, the under-staffed and over-stressed team working on XMD had to struggle with technical difficulties. A source who was there at the beginning of development says that when staff began work on the project, "the tech was really in its infancy. We didn't have a good level editor, as we started a new one from scratch, in a language that none of the programmers had any experience with: C#. The editor and exporter were terrible to work with. It took hours to make a change and see it in the game. It did improve over time, but it was never really good, or on par with modern editors and engines."

Former employees say Dyack was confident that history would repeat itself, and that yet another publisher would cave to his demands for extensions and further funding injections. He was wrong. "SK kept getting stonewalled by Activision regarding extensions for the game and pushing back the launch," says a source. "However, SK management was convinced they would have to delay; as a result, they started shifting a few more resources very quietly to ED2." The idea was to slow down production more than ever before, to try to apply pressure for an extension.

It didn't work. Instead of offering an extension, Activision turned up the pressure by publicly announcing the game, and attaching Silicon Knights' name to it prominently.

Behind the scenes at Silicon Knights, things changed drastically after the trailer was released. Once Activision had made it clear that they would ship whatever the developer supplied them, on time, with SK's name on it, management reportedly put all hands on deck. "The entire company was refocused to work on X-Men," a source says. "At this point, they also started instituting a mandatory six-day-a-week, 10-hour-a-day minimum crunch. That lasted, and got worse, until they shipped." Another source remembers "the feeling of panic from the [SK] 'executives' when Activision made it clear the game was hitting store shelves, finished or not."

It's crazy stuff. and to make things even weirder:

Silicon Knights has been ordered to pay Epic Games more than $9 million dollars and destroy all unsold copies of its recent games. The ruling, reported byGamasutra, came about after Silicon Knights' allegations in 2007 that Epic was deliberately sabotaging other developers' efforts to use its Unreal Engine 3. To say the beleaguered independent studio's claims backfired would be a gentle way of putting it.

A North Carolina district judge ruled in favor of Epic Games' countersuit, finding that Silicon Knights "repeatedly and deliberately copied significant portions of Epic Games's code containing trade secrets" to produce its own game engine, which it used for Too Human and X-Men Destiny. The judge ordered Silicon Knights to purge all offending code from its current engine, but the ruling didn't stop there.

Silicon Knights must recall and destroy all unsold copies of the two games, as well as all code for previously unannounced titles The Box/Ritualyst, The Sandman, and Siren in the Maelstrom. If you've ever been tempted to try out Too Human as a case study in unfulfilled potential, now's the time.

Silicon Knights has until December 21 to pay the $9.2 million (roughly half for damages and half covering Epic's legal costs) and comply with the rest of the instructions.

TL:DR- Silicon Knights pitched an Xmen game to Activision but under false pretenses, they had no actual intention of completing and finishing the game as promised. They instead intended to use a significant portion of the funds for Xmen to develop Eternal Darkness 2 behind the scenes. This plan blew up when Activision simply called their bluff and decided they were going to ship whatever hot mess SK had by the due date, finished or not.

A massive crunch ensued to finish Xmen and prevent a complete catastrophe, but in the process Silicon Knights heavily plagiarized huge portions of Epic's unreal engine 3 code (which they also did for Too Human). A subsequent lawsuit resulted in a judge ordering every unsold copy of Too Human and Xmen recalled from retail and the source code destroyed.

You will never, EVER see this game re-released in any form.

I own a copy just because it's a completely bizarre piece of game development trivia.

Last edited: