• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
wolverine-punching-cyclops.gif

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, braved the open spoiler thread to say that my Comixology has not updated to September 11 releases yet.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, glad to see I'm not the only one with issues on Comixology. I was charged for it, so I would hope they can fix it soon.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's up for me. Just purchased and downloaded on my commute.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
First two parts were straight forward I still have no idea how the far future stuff relates to what is happening in the present.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hickman / Gillen Sinister is such a great character.

If anyone wants more of this Sinister, I highly recommend reading the Sinister issues of Gillen's X-Men.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
alright, who wants to get started on decoding the presumable mountain of intensely important shit in those Sinister Secrets?
I figured a few but most went right over my head.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
alright, who wants to get started on decoding the presumable mountain of intensely important shit in those Sinister Secrets?
I figured a few but most went right over my head.

Yeah I was like... I'm gonna wait and see who figures this shit out.

Who is married and has a kid on the island? Jean? Because one of the items talks about Logan & a married woman, but she seems too young.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was like... I'm gonna wait and see who figures this shit out.

Who is married and has a kid on the island? Jean? Because one of the items talks about Logan & a married woman, but she seems too young.
and it also talked about the husband who cant object cuz hes doing the same, which sounds a whole damn lot like scott and emmas thing.

Also the brothers jumping out of a plane bit, of which it turned out there were 3, thing sure sounds like the summer's backstory,
have they discovered a secret brother recently or something?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
and it also talked about the husband who cant object cuz hes doing the same, which sounds a whole damn lot like scott and emmas thing.

Also the brothers jumping out of a plane bit, of which it turned out there were 3, thing sure sounds like the summer's backstory,
have they discovered a secret brother recently or something?

One is Gabriel, who is a space dick

A fourth might be that 90s dude - that seems like someone Hickman would bring back

Oct 25, 2017
OK folks, here are the few Sinister's Secrets answers that I think should be correct:

#3: Madeline Pryor
#5: Logan x Jean + Scott x Emma
#7: There are more Summers siblings
#8: Apocalypse (related to the page in Marvel #1000 with the original 4 horsemen)
#9: Quentin x Idie? Jonno x Paige? Jubilee x ???

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
It's been a long running fan theory. I jumped on that theory when Rachel returned after Morrison's New X-men ended and Claremont was giving an Uncanny X-men run. Rachel started using her mother's surname and Logan started treating her very differently than he used to.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Hrm. I'm not familiar with the recent Sinister characterization, but from this book - Sinister as Nimrod the Lesser?

He acts kinda the same, and also has The Bath and whatnot.

Good shout!

I'm not the most up to date with X-Men lore but I can't help but feel that image of Doug/Cyhpher brushing past a plant on Krakoa and it displaying techno-organic symbols on it's leaves meant something too. Especially now that he's responsible for communication interface being developed.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Good shout!

I'm not the most up to date with X-Men lore but I can't help but feel that image of Doug/Cyhpher brushing past a plant on Krakoa and it displaying techno-organic symbols on it's leaves meant something too. Especially now that he's responsible for communication interface being developed.

I took them to possibly be spores, going with the whole "Krakoa is influencing people" angle.

Xavier bringing Douglas there and ditching him for a month makes me think it takes a while for the effect to fully take hold or something.

It would also explain stuff like Mystique not being fully committed to the cause (she's spending more time away on tasks), or Magneto having the sense that something's amiss after he steps away for a while.

Last edited:

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Great issue, especially Sinister. But this felt like one giant setup for intense fuckery to come. And next week is a red issue, which means we gonna get some heavy shit.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, back in the 90s they were actually planning to reveal Gambit was a Summers but reversed their decision.

Several hints were made to Gambit being a third-Summers brother shortly after his introduction into the comics. His most notable similarities were to Cyclops, as both of them shared dark brown hair and red eyes. Gambit's origins prior to being adopted by the Thieves Guild were completely unknown, causing much speculation as to him possibly being the third Summer's boy. Finally, in the 12 issue, 3 part X-Men: The End series, which presented one possible future of the X-Men, established that Gambit was a genetically engineered mutant, created by Mister Sinisterwith his DNA spliced partially from Cyclops and Sinister himself, thus making him a third brother in some respects and explaining how Sinister was already aware of there being another Summers child. Though none of this has been established in the main Marvel continuity at this time.[6]

During an interview with Comic Book Resources, at the question "what's your opinion of the revelation of Gambit being the character in question over in X-Men: The End?", Fabian Nicieza answers that "My opinion is that I screwed up plenty of Chris's stories; he's more than welcome to screw up one of mine."[7]

Gambit is more like Corsair than Scott ever was.

Last edited:

chiraledge

Oct 25, 2017
Cypher's hand pose with the plants reminded me of X's pose at the start of HOX #1.

Also I pictured Sinister with Mentok's voice from Harvey Birdman.