• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2483326/jordan-peele-doesnt-approve-of-us-halloween-costumes

I've started receiving a lot of pictures of people in tethered costumes, which doesn't make me comfortable. I like the fact that the movie is happening, it's a phenomenon, it's resonating, it's iconic. But, I don't know, there's something about it. They're impersonating the stalkers and sending me stuff. I just feel like…just don't go into that mindset. She was in character, or at the very least, in mood on set at all times as Red. Which was pretty terrifying for me.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Huh, I would have figured an angle of racial insensitivity, like the Tethered representing an aspect of the black American experience. Seems he's just unnerved by his own creation.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
RegularSlushyCoati-size_restricted.gif

I'm not sure if he realizes that people dressing up as a character from your movie is the best way to make your character iconic. Imagine if people never dressed as Michael Myers, Freddy Kruger, Jason, Etc.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, you don't want fans identifying to weird extremes, dressing up and turning the objects of terror into icons, especially during Halloween but it's really a yearly thing, don't make horror movies. That's the culture of the fan base.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
"I like the fact that the movie is happening, it's a phenomenon, it's resonating, it's iconic."

"sir, this is a Wendy's."

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, at this thread. The thread title makes it sound way more serious than it actually is. He just wants people to stop sending him pictures of their costumes on Twitter already. This is also from said article.

So given that, Jordan Peele isn't too keen on opening messages and seeing a bunch of Tethered. He's cool with people wearing costumes from
Us as long as he doesn't have to see it, he just doesn't want people to send him images of themselves dressed as that or any creepy characters for that matter.

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't this just him being creeped out by a concept that he made to be creepy? Maybe it was some nightmare at one point

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
sorry but when Lupita whispers in that Little Monsters movie? brought me right back.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Wut

God forbid people show appreciation of a movie you made by making it their halloween costume lol

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Lol, at this thread. The thread title makes it sound way more serious than it actually is. He just wants people to stop sending him pictures of their costumes on Twitter already. This is also from said article.
I just used the headline almost verbatim from the article that this came from.

Middleman

Banned
Jun 14, 2019
You don't understand guys. What I created was just too powerful, too unsettling. It mustn't be allowed to propogate beyond my movie.

cubanb

Oct 27, 2017
Headline is a bit misleading. He just doesn't want people sending him the pics:

So given that, Jordan Peele isn't too keen on opening messages and seeing a bunch of Tethered.
He's cool with people wearing costumes from Us as long as he doesn't have to see it, he just doesn't want people to send him images of themselves dressed as that or any creepy characters for that matter.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's with all these hot takes? Dude just relayed the fact that he was clearly unnerved by the concept on set when filming and that being sent a bunch of halloween cosplays triggers some of that trauma. That's perfectly reasonable, it's not like he's saying "don't do it", just "don't send it to him".

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, what he's trying to say seems pretty clear to me. Lotta people just not reading, or am I missing something?