• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds more like it just creeps him out because of Lupita's method acting, not that it's undermining his creation.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Get out sparked a bunch of parodies and really cemented itself as being a pop culture icon. Us on the other hand is probably best known for its rendition of I got 5 on it.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
giphy.gif

I was a huge fan of the first movie, but the second one is definitely not iconic

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
You go out on Halloween night carrying a giant pair of scissors, you are going to get shot in trouble.

Also, the hot takes in this thread are a mess.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
That he is calling "iconic" yet doesn't want to see anyone in Halloween costumes inspired by said iconic horror movie. It's pretty eye-roll worthy imo.
He doesn't want people sending him pictures. Maybe it personally scares him. Regardless, what he's asking isn't him being mean or pretentious.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Title changed per OP's request.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
LoL wtf ... is he trying to be like... if you dress up like my people it might take you someplace dark" type of thing?

Cause that's some drank my own Koolaid hollywood director level dungus shite

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't want people sending him pictures. Maybe it personally scares him. Regardless, what he's asking isn't him being pretentious.
Calling your own film iconic when it isn't commonly referred to as iconic or even close is pretentious. Seems like a weird humble brag

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Don't send me pictures of you dressed up as literal stalkers. It creeps me out."

Doesn't seem too strange to me.
I mean I don't want people sending me pictures of them with a severed head either, but you're leaving out the important part that it's a scary movie character and it's halloween and he's the creator of said characters.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
He's not telling people not to wear the costume. Just not to send him pictures.

There's nothing wrong with that request.

Iron Mike

Sep 28, 2019
LoL wtf ... is he trying to be like... if you dress up like my people it might take you someplace dark" type of thing?

Cause that's some drank my own Koolaid hollywood director level dungus shite
Nah, that's just something you made up. He's fine with people dressing up as the characters, he just asked them not to send the pictures to him because it creeps him out.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think people here really realize how much filming a horror movie can really mess you up. We've heard time and time again about actresses in interviews who said they've still had lingering effects after filming a horror movie. It's not at all hard to realize Peele is freaked out by the stalker characters and just doesn't want to see the costumes.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Calling your own film iconic when it isn't commonly referred to as iconic or even close is pretentious. Seems like a weird humble brag
The movie made a lot of money and has fans. We can debate whether it will have a lasting impact but right now Peele, according to him, is seeing it through people dressing up as the characters.

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Going by all these comments, I'm guessing Era is getting ready to collectively flood his inbox with images that already gives him nightmares despite politely asking people not to, just because he said the word "iconic".