• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This is worth its own thread tbh, if mods want to close it down that's fine but I think this is pretty big in terms of exposing this fucker for the misogynist he is.

Violent attacks are what happens when men do not have partners, Mr. Peterson says, and society needs to work to make sure those men are married.

"He was angry at God because women were rejecting him," Mr. Peterson says of the Toronto killer. "The cure for that is enforced monogamy. That's actually why monogamy emerges."

Mr. Peterson does not pause when he says this. Enforced monogamy is, to him, simply a rational solution. Otherwise women will all only go for the most high-status men, he explains, and that couldn't make either gender happy in the end.

"Half the men fail," he says, meaning that they don't procreate. "And no one cares about the men who fail."

I laugh, because it is absurd.

"You're laughing about them," he says, giving me a disappointed look. "That's because you're female."

But aside from interventions that would redistribute sex, Mr. Peterson is staunchly against what he calls "equality of outcomes," or efforts to equalize society. He usually calls them pathological or evil.

He agrees that this is inconsistent. But preventing hordes of single men from violence, he believes, is necessary for the stability of society. Enforced monogamy helps neutralize that.

In situations where there is too much mate choice, "a small percentage of the guys have hyper-access to women, and so they don't form relationships with women," he said. "And the women hate that."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/18/style/jordan-peterson-12-rules-for-life.html

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
we knew he was in favor of traditional marriage practices, but this is as traditional as it gets

Oct 25, 2017
So let's get this straight. Men force monogamy on women because they are pathetic little pieces of shit? Never thought I'd agree with Piece of Shit Piece of Shitterson for once! Nah fam, the rational solution here is to teach men not to be pieces of shit. I know, I know - it's much harder than keeping women subservient, but I'm sure someone of Piece of Shitterson's intellectual prowess can get it done somehow!

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
The only violent men I see from women rejecting them are mostly white men and cultures where women are treated like property.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Keep that guy in Canada, please. We don't need more far right philosophers in the U.S.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cultural Marxism must be smashed.... except for the redistribution of sexual wealth. I'll take one of those please. ~Jordan

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I know there's a whole thread about it, but I generally don't get why this guy is ever interviewed or viewed in any intellectual capacity by any organization.

He's just that weird guy you know at work spouting out nonsense ideas that no one takes seriously.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
"Half the men fail," he says, meaning that they don't procreate. "And no one cares about the men who fail."
What about the women who don't procreate or does he abide by the incel logic of "women can get WHOEVER they want so single women don't count."

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know there's a whole thread about it, but I generally don't get why this guy is ever interviewed or viewed in any intellectual capacity by any organization.

He's just that weird guy you know at work spouting out nonsense ideas that no one takes seriously.
That's exactly what I think. He's a drivel machine. I think it's a bit embarrassing that he's anyone's hero or villain.

But if we're having a laugh... I'll join in.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
My jobless mullet having toothless neighbor who smokes a pack a day and believes rain is caused by trees has like 5 kids from several women.

Women do not "all only go for the most high-status men" lol.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I despise incels. The entire belief system if you can call it that of incels is the most pathetic thing ever.

Oct 29, 2017
The Economist had an article about this charting Civil Wars with polygamy. They made it sound less like the woman's fault.

Like, polygamy is largely still massively patriarchal. He's not wrong in the sense of unwed men cause a lot of problems but blaming women is hilariously naive.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The intellectual we deserve.

I know someone who likes this guy, and recently responded to one of his tweets about how Dems started the KKK by kindly pointing out to him that its important to remember that parties switched platforms in the 70s as if he honestly didn't know that. Honey...

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy intelligencia goes out of his lane and field of study to say zany stupid shit that sounds "profound" to 19 year old stupid kids why think he's deep and will give him money.

He shouldn't be given a voice tbh.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lmao the plot twist of Peterson actually being a basement troll incel is the sweetest

He's the same garbage we've been hearing for a decade now but with a wider vocabulary lmao

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why can't he just tell his sheeple to take a shower daily to combat the dragon of chaos instead of spewing this shit

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
It disturbs me how many people I know in real life, in a university environment, subscribe to this man's ideals and cult.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The Economist had an article about this charting Civil Wars with polygamy. They made it sound less like the woman's fault.

Like, polygamy is largely still massively patriarchal. He's not wrong in the sense of unwed men cause a lot of problems but blaming women is hilariously naive.
The opposite of monogamy is not polygamy in the classical sense (which is actually polygyny).

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Someone please make him stop talking. His bullshit being treated like its insightful or reasonable is embarassing and uncomfortable.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
For those who don't know this guy also denies systemic racism and as the author of the article alludes to thinks teaching equality and diversity should be avoided at all costs. He blames feminism for "alienating" men in society and says morals come from religious myths, without which we'd all be barbarians.

There's a fairly large thread here about him and quite a few posters defending him and hailing him as an intellectual while performing some truly impressive mental acrobatics to explain to the rest of us what "he meant" by various, absurd comments.

This guy is truly an asshole and faux-intellectual. Worst part is he is a trained psychologist.

Am I supposed to know who this asshole is? I love when Era assumes everyone knows everyone.

See above. He's one of the alt right darlings but has also been praised by Bill Maher on his show. Basically he's just some guy that put out some videos and lectures spouting vagueness and horseshit and people latched onto him like he's one of the new, great thinker of our time.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
"Sorry, toots. Says here you've been assigned to live with this disgusting pig for the rest of your life. Make sure you keep him happy enough not to commit a terrorist act!"

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm one of the bigger Bill Maher fans here but I think Bill needs to make some kind of statement or comment calling this guy out and saying he was wrong for putting him on his show. This is by far the worst shit that's ever come out of Petersen's mouth and he seems to be getting worse every week.

Oct 29, 2017
The opposite of monogamy is not polygamy.
Not saying it is. He's talking about young, unmarried men causing violence. The Economist was discussing unmarried men in polygamous societies because that's a really effective way of having more unmarried men, by allowing the rich and powerful to take more than one wife.

Peterson is also discussing unmarried men causing violence.

That's the connection I was making.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad he finally truly just said what he believes instead of dancing around so he couldn't be pinned down.

Anyone of clear mind knew he was a bigoted man, but he always left some wiggle room... until now.

Status
Not open for further replies.