• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Well I would hope in his recovery he learns a few things and reconsiders some of his viewpoints, rather than simply wishing borderline death upon him for having differing viewpoints.
I think things like learning and considering are going to be a pretty big ask from him. Albeit for different reasons than before.

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It will always fascinates me hearing about millionaires falling for quack medical sciences and end up doing irreparable harm to themselves. Same thing happened to Steve Jobs too.

Jordan Peterson had plenty of money and access to get the best healthcare in the world and he chooses the sketchy Russian coma treatment.
For some people it's hard to imagine that money can't buy anything.

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
I have some questions about this story.

Why do you use benzo's to treat a food allergy? Is this common?

What was the impetus for going through the withdrawal and attempting to do so quickly? He was given Benzo's for some sort of side effect due to a food allergy, then with his wife's tragic diagnosis he needed to up his dosage. So why did he suddenly need to get away from the benzo's? Was he abusing them? The daughter mentioned that he had been prescribed them for eight months. How much was he taking per day to become that addicted. Who was filling his prescription?

What also doesn't make any sense is that SSRIs are used to treat depression and anxiety. Benzo's are something you use as a last resort for sever panic attacks as well as some other medical conditions. So why he was taking them regularly outside of the food allergy thing I am not sure. They don't make you feel great, just very sleepy and zonked out.

The daughter is quoted as saying that multiple treatments failed in Canada/North America. But what exactly were they treating him for? Was he abusing his medication? If so, how? You cannot just re-up your benzo prescription on a whim. Benzo's are a controlled substance, and your doctor would be very weary to give you refill if you were continually using your supply before the refil date. Again, I'd be interested to see where he was getting his prescription from.

So after all this, he goes to Russia (lol) and undergoes some sort of coma inducing treatment. Which not only leaves him with brain damage, but somehow he has terrible pneumonia while taking the treatment. What the fuck?

I feel like we are missing so much about the story.

his "food allergy reaction" was a month long, overwhelming sense of impending doom due to drinking apple cider.

Yeah, it's his belief that the apple cider triggered his extreme anxiety. And I can kinda see where he's coming from because something very similar happened to me 2-3 years ago. I became extremely anxious out of the blue, with no obvious cause. I too could barely sleep (2 or 3 hours a night after finally succumbing to exhaustion) and had this feeling of impending doom. I was convinced I would never have a normal sleep ever again. I remember even having a discussion on benzos with one my friends who's a pharmacist. I decided to forego medications because I was afraid of the side effects and getting addicted and, just as it came, it went away after about a month.

To this day, I have no idea what caused it. As it was extremely traumatic, I too searched the Internet to find a cause because doctors don't really give a shit once you're no longer sick. My theory is an electrolyte imbalance after a summer of running in hot weather but that's probably bogus. I can see why Peterson came up with the apple cider theory.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
This has frightened me away from my daily use of Clonazepam. Fortunately it has only been a few months with a couple of pauses, hopefully weaning off over a fortnight or so will be fine.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
His schtick has always been "boo hoo poor mee, the meanie left is so hateful", and NOW people want to extend sympathy to him? His whole fucking grift was acting aggrieved and whining in histrionics about the "so called tolerant left tryna shut down freeze peach" and now we got fuckers in here tryna tone police when people rightfully dunk on this pseudoscience fetishist and gobbledegook merchant? Lmao get your priorities straight Peterson stans. Omg he wrote a book that told you how to clean your room? Welp, that settles it, he deserves my respect and empathy from deep within my lobster brain.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
This has frightened me away from my daily use of Clonazepam. Fortunately it has only been a few months with a couple of pauses, hopefully weaning off over a fortnight or so will be fine.

Please touch base with your prescribing doctor about it.

If you don't want to be on benzos anymore but the anxiety is still too big of a problem, there are other drugs you can try, like buspar or hydroxizine

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His schtick has always been "boo hoo poor mee, the meanie left is so hateful", and NOW people want to extend sympathy to him? His whole fucking grift was acting aggrieved and whining in histrionics about the "so called tolerant left tryna shut down freeze peach" and now we got fuckers in here tryna tone police when people rightfully dunk on this pseudoscience fetishist and gobbledegook merchant? Lmao get your priorities straight Peterson stans. Omg he wrote a book that told you how to clean your room? Welp, that settles it, he deserves my respect and empathy from deep within my lobster brain.
What's the origin of the lobster thing? I try to avoid Peterson drivel as much as possible

Oct 27, 2017
What's the origin of the lobster thing? I try to avoid Peterson drivel as much as possible

Lobsters have hierarchies. Big lobsters get the mates and food, small lobsters defer to big ones. And lobsters have been around a long time, so that's how you know hierarchies are normal and untouchable in modern day life.

Or something. He loved using lobsters in his books, and his fans started calling themselves lobsters.

Last edited:

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
Lobsters have hierarchies. Big lobsters clean up, small lobsters defer to big ones. And lobsters have been around a long time, so that's how you know hierarchies are normal and untouchable in modern day life.

Or something. He loved using lobsters in his books, and his fans started calling themselves lobsters.
True story: when I first heard about the lobster shit I figured it had to do with the movie ' The Lobster', in which Colin Farrel is transformed into a lobster because he fails to get a girlfriend.

I mean, it fits better than Peterson's gibberish.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

He uses lobsters as an example of how things happen in nature and then conflates that with how things *should* be in society. It's social Darwinism with a twist. Really basic dumb stuff to base your ideology on. So fucking what if Lobsters has hierarchies that you prefer? Ants have queens, does that mean human monarchies are the most natural form of society? NO

Polk

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Lobsters have hierarchies. Big lobsters get the mates and food, small lobsters defer to big ones. And lobsters have been around a long time, so that's how you know hierarchies are normal and untouchable in modern day life.

For some reason I always though he chose lobsters because your typical alpha-wolfes are to mainstream and not intellectual enough.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Drive-By and Antagonizing Other Users; Prior Warning for Drive-By Posting
Can we not make fun of someone for getting addicted to anxiety medication while dealing with his wives cancer diagnosis or is that too hard.

You know this won't happen. People are hypocrites, just as the ones they 'fight' on internet boards.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
You know this won't happen. People are hypocrites, just as the ones they 'fight' on internet boards.
This isn't just some random "someone". This is a known white supremacist radicalizer of young people and an aggressive misogynistic, transphobic piece of shit human being (and so is his family). Nothing hypocritical about not giving a shit about his ilk.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Besides the hate, are there any more details circulating about his circumstances?

This hits close to home. I've been dragging along 1mg of Clonazepam a day for almost 6 years now and it's scary getting off of it. Currently reducing to .5 but my pdoc doesn't seem to think the taper has to be that gradual.

What kinda dosage was Peterson on? AFAIK Toronto has some pretty good detox programs.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
For some reason I always though he chose lobsters because your typical alpha-wolfes are to mainstream and not intellectual enough.

you're trying too hard to get in their headspace as you perceive it.

Just stick to calling out grifters pushing "bio truth" about "natural" things being models for society. How things were or are doesn't have anything to do with how they ought to be. So anyone telling you that "Is=Ought" is selling you their preferred version packaged as immutable truth.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ej9CLFb.jpg

I can't get behind this. I don't think he 'deserves' anything, but taking shots at the guy whilst he's down is really cheap.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Peterson: MEN ARE SUPERIOR
also Peterson: Listens to daughter for quack treatments

did I get that right

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck Jordan Peterson. It's not our fault him and his family fell for some psuedoscience bs when he should know better.

Also him going through hard times doesn't excuse all of the horrible shit he's brought in to the world.

Jun 10, 2018
If you're going to defend JP's humanity, then at the very least just come out and admit you don't care for the humanities of the groups he actively targeted and likely inflicted harm on.

No one is in the mood to play your disingenuous games.

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Inflammatory Point of Comparison
I do find it kinda sad that this guy was shot to the moon by people signal amplifying his stupid bullshit instead of just ignoring him and now he's crashing down the same people are revelling in it.

Don't think he deserves any sympathy but it doesn't feel like a great way forward for the left to constantly try to kick the shit out of anyone we disagree with...just leave the son of a bitch alone.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I do find it kinda sad that this guy was shot to the moon by people signal amplifying his stupid bullshit instead of just ignoring him and now he's crashing down the same people are revelling in it.

Don't think he deserves any sympathy but it doesn't feel like a great way forward for the left to constantly try to kick the shit out of anyone we disagree with...just leave the son of a bitch alone.
Because letting things slide not to rock the boat and to be civil has worked so well to diminish bigotry.

Oh wait.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Racism; dismissing bigotry.
In other words, Jews who celebrated when they found out Hitler had killed himself are the real monsters.

Lmao, this forum is True or False.

The first is as bad as any verbal discrimination, and should get a warning or ban.
The second is literally wrong. Hitler enabled the killing of millions of innocents. At least fix your distance measure lol.

It seems that many of you are just happy that somebody you hate is in pain. Like it will fix your problems.
It's understandable, but it's not acceptable.

This hate will literally never stop the other side's bigotry. It will make them laugh at you and do it in increasing measure.
Don't become Malcolm X, seriously (and if you don't know who he is, look him up).

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
He deserves no sympathy from me.
He got himself into this mess after getting into the same shit he is peddling.
Also, he's a terrible human being that has hurt a lot of people.

Deleted member 21012

User requested account closure
Oct 28, 2017
This isn't just some random "someone". This is a known white supremacist radicalizer of young people and an aggressive misogynistic, transphobic piece of shit human being (and so is his family). Nothing hypocritical about not giving a shit about his ilk.

I can somewhat see why a trans audience could take offense with his views, but I don't see JBP being a white supremacist. Care to explain?

Jun 10, 2018
It seems that many of you are just happy that somebody you hate is in pain. Like it will fix your problems.
It's understandable, but it's not acceptable.
Yeah, no shit.

Where we disagree is that I DO think it's acceptable, particularly of those people belonging to the groups his rhetoric targeted AND affected, to find catharsis in his plight. Attempting to accost how the affected should feel towards an active antagonistic individual of their oppression is a shit move and needs to be nipped as a tactic ASAP.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
Because letting things slide not to rock the boat and to be civil has worked so well to diminish bigotry.

Oh wait.
That's kind of a weird argument, isn't it? Do you think mocking Jordan Peterson for dying diminishes bigotry?

I'm not even saying we shouldn't mock him, but I doubt any mockery on this forum or elsewhere has done much to diminish bigotry.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
but I doubt any mockery on this forum or elsewhere has done much to diminish bigotry.

Mocking asinine ideas absolutely diminishes bigotry by exposing the stupidity of its adherents and steering impressional people away from people like JP who obfuscate their reactionary ideas with mountains of nonsense about lobsters and chaos dragon feminism.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

The left didn't make him famous WTF

thoughthaver

Banned
Feb 6, 2020
Don't become Malcolm X, seriously (and if you don't know who he is, look him up).
he was the bad black guy who wasn't very nice and didn't follow the law unlike MLK who was the good black guy that followed the law and was nice.
That's kind of a weird argument, isn't it? Do you think mocking Jordan Peterson for dying diminishes bigotry?

I'm not even saying we shouldn't mock him, but I doubt any mockery on this forum or elsewhere has done much to diminish bigotry.
i don't understand why so many of the pearl clutchers are acting like he's gonna pass away. he'll probably live to be a 100 because shitty people live long lives while good people die young.

Oddish1

Oct 25, 2017
Mocking asinine ideas absolutely diminishes bigotry by exposing the stupidity of its adherents and steering impressional people away from people like JP who obfuscate their reactionary ideas with mountains of nonsense about lobsters and chaos dragon feminism.
Well I meant more mocking him for his health issues and brain damage. I'm all aboard mocking the lobsters and his transphobic statements.

EDIT: And I'm not even going to say people shouldn't mock his health issues. Only that I don't think it'll reduce bigotry.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Well I meant more mocking him for his health issues and brain damage. I'm all aboard mocking the lobsters and his transphobic statements.
I at least am mocking his decisions that led to this result.
Like going on a meat-only diet, or shunning Canadian doctors because he doesn't like modern medicine.
Well, I am also mocking him because he's a terrible human being in general.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Based on what I've read about and of Jordan Peterson he's not someone I agree with, but is he a white supremacist? What evidence is there of this? I tried to google but didn't find much.

Status
Not open for further replies.