• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I'm sure the forum is absolutely infested with lobsters still. It's just that they're too chickenshit to come in and defend Daddy anymore.
They generally don't come to this thread because there's a mountain of posts dissecting just how much of a charlatan Peterson is, so they can't act like they are ignorant of Peterson's crap as easily. But they pop up in loosely related threads where Peterson comes up (negatively). Usually with some "Y R U 4ll so mean to Peterson? I read his bookz and thought he gave some good advice/had some good points" posts.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
That vid was great and fairly eloquent in some of the reasons why Peterson is so full of shit (because wow there's a lot of reasons to come to that conclusion)

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When I first popped into this thread I was unaware of who this clown was. Now, that I'm well aware of him, I can't believe this silly mofo makes a living calling himself a "public intellectual" or whatever. Meritocracy my fucking ass

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
It's very important that this song, by Olly Thorn (Philosophy Tube) and Nina Richards is a part of this thread. For educational purposes.

EBwwxYI.gif

Last edited:

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Did Peterson get destroyed by Zizek? I saw 'Zizek' trending.
He got bodied. Zizek at one point knocked down the core thesis of 12 Rules for Life by accusing Peterson as being a prime example for it's inept message. Essentially, saying that Jordan's touring and and taking on society is a renunciation of the philosophy "put your room in order before taking on the world" because it's an admission that Peterson himself believes society (what Jordan believes to be postmodern marxism) is at fault for the state of his own room (Jordan being ostracized from mainstream academics) and that therefore he can't put his room in order without first taking on the world.

Oct 27, 2017
He got bodied. Zizek at one point knocked down the core thesis of 12 Rules for Life by accusing Peterson as being a prime example for it's inept message. Essentially, saying that Jordan's touring and and taking on society is a renunciation of the philosophy "put your room in order before taking on the world" because it's an admission that Peterson himself believes society (what Jordan believes to be postmodern marxism) is at fault for the state of his own room (Jordan being ostracized from mainstream academics) and that therefore he can't put his room in order without first taking on the world.
lmao, great

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zizek roasted him so badly that Peterson looked like he was challenging his personal worldview at the end of the debate.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The man ducked debating actual communists and marxists for years, famously dipping on Robert Wolff at the 11th hour citing "his increased speaking fee" and then pretending that he never agreed to debate him in the first place (and also talking shit about Professor Wolff repeatedly after the fact). Of course he doesn't know what he's talking about. 12 Rules for Life is just Tony Robbins self help gibberish with a coat of Jungian psychobabble and drawings of dragons and shit.

Zizek, for all his problems, at least understands what the fuck he's talking about. But he's surface level and doesn't hold a candle to some of the people Peterson ducked and has stridently avoided talking too. He picked Zizek because at least Zizek has some opinions that he could turn towards for his own self interest (like his takes on Refugees being really bad, and the whole "they broadly agree about Trans people" thing).

Read theory before you spout off on shit, people.

Last edited:

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Peterson showed why he is loved by alienated, angry, young, white men. Imagines himself as far more intelligent that he actually is, all he needs to understand reality are his senses. Make some shit up that sounds good because either people won't know better to call you on it or they'll accept it because they want it to be true. Take complex ideas and reduce them so much that the lay person can understand them, even though they've lost all meaning at that point.

Same thing with Shapiro and Kirk and whatever other "intellectual" young, right-wing people claim.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
That was such a pointless "debate" when both people basically agree with each other 90% of the way anyway. But of course he's not going to have n actual debate.

JJdubbs77

Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Mmhmm. First message on this forum saying Peterson does anything in good faith. Next you're saying we are too mean to the lobster king, he has some good points.

This debate was in good faith. I couldn't even find much conflict here they seemed to agree on the majority of topics.

The only reason I'm posting in here is because the debate thread got closed. I don't particularly care about Peterson or his fans and haters.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Peterson is a clown, but Zizek calling out some here with: "White left liberals love to denigrate their own culture and blame eurocentrism for our evils. But it is instantly clear how this self-denigration brings a profit of its own. Through this renouncing of their particular roots, multicultural liberals reserve for themselves the universal position, (gracelessly/graciously?) soliciting others to assert their particular identity. White multiculturalist liberals embody the lie of identity politics."

JJdubbs77

Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Peterson is a clown, but Zizek calling out some here with: "White left liberals love to denigrate their own culture and blame eurocentrism for our evils. But it is instantly clear how this self-denigration brings a profit of its own. Through this renouncing of their particular roots, multicultural liberals reserve for themselves the universal position, (gracelessly/graciously?) soliciting others to assert their particular identity. White multiculturalist liberals embody the lie of identity politics."

Zizek is a G

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
This debate was in good faith. I couldn't even find much conflict here they seemed to agree on the majority of topics.

The only reason I'm posting in here is because the debate thread got closed. I don't particularly care about Peterson or his fans and haters.
Again, Peterson never argues in good faith. Never. He has a few useful feel good general tips for life but anything beyond that is all in bad faith.

JJdubbs77

Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Again, Peterson never argues in good faith. Never. He has a few useful feel good general tips for life but anything beyond that is all in bad faith.

Alrighty then let's just agree to disagree. I saw plenty of good faith and mutual resect from both of them. Constantly clarifying criticism to not come off as ad hominem and letting each other have the last word.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Zizek should have held him hard on the "name postmodern neo-marxists" remark. There was a reason the crowd popped for that; they know it's Peterson's spooky "other" he demonized.

Status
Not open for further replies.