• Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Joshiuary Wrasslin |OT| New Year, New Aces, But Meiko Is Forever

Oct 25, 2017
Chris Jericho’s making his case to be the modern day Terry Funk or Misawa. Brother went to NJPW and found himself again, now he’s putting on 5-star clinics again instead of screaming rooty tooty booty on 205 Live or some shit.

Mock him if you want, but his legacy has skyrocketed without WWE.

Oct 27, 2017
When is SD going to air in FOX? At this point I feel that is the only thing that I feel could actually shake up things in the company.

Also, regarding meltzer ratings, this is the first time that I truly feel like the "tokyo dome multiplier" meme was real, personally, the heavyweight tag match and the ishii vs sabre matches didn't were 4 stars matches for me, at least I really hated that dumb spot when Ishii did a suplex on the corner to sabre jr, only for him not sell it, do a submission, and then sell the thing, it really ruined the match for me and it was almost as bad as that superplex gif of Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards.

The 3 main events were great, and the Ibushi vs Ospreay match too, so overall it was a good event at least

Oct 25, 2017
People keep talking about the rut WWE is in. Am I the only one who thinks that since November, Smackdown has been the best main roster show in years?

Just stop watching Raw people.

Oct 25, 2017
I did sit down and watch the "Botch Club" episode with Gallows and Anderson and I liked it more than botchamania, tbh.

It won't show all the good stuff, of course, but I definitely liked not having shitty 8-bit remixes and bad advertisements on it. Big step up

Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled across this Very Cool video, especially targeted toward BritishMonsoon

Really good quality footage. I like it.
Awesome find, not sure if I've seen this before - love any early Andre footage, most people don't have an appreciation for just how strong and athletic he was in his prime. Stomper wasn't exactly a small guy, but Andre lifts him using only his neck like it's nothing!

Great shots of the crowd as well, back when wrestling used to be a properly family outing.

Oct 27, 2017
Chris Jericho’s making his case to be the modern day Terry Funk or Misawa. Brother went to NJPW and found himself again, now he’s putting on 5-star clinics again instead of screaming rooty tooty booty on 205 Live or some shit.

Mock him if you want, but his legacy has skyrocketed without WWE.
He's kind of becoming like an L.A. Park style hardcore brawler too which is never something I thought I would hear.

Nov 1, 2017
He's kind of becoming like an L.A. Park style hardcore brawler too which is never something I thought I would hear.
It's so odd he had that stinker with AJ at Mania.

Maybe that's when he figured out he had to do something different because I love dad bod brawler Jericho.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
It's so odd he had that stinker with AJ at Mania.

Maybe that's when he figured out he had to do something different because I love dad bod brawler Jericho.
A Twitter take on this I really liked:

And MLW has been booking Park but he's not exclusive or anything

Oct 25, 2017
Lot of people don't know how much of a turd Rock has been.
It also goes to kind of big issue I have with people’s expectations out of AEW and what they want out of WWE. The Monday Night Wars was full of offensive shit done by terrible people. The wrestling was pretty mediocre as well. Why not inspire your programming to be better instead of hoping for a nostalgic vision of wrestling that never actually existed.

Nov 1, 2017
LA Park is affiliated only to money. If AEW makes the right offer he'll work with Hornswoggle.
The #STRONGHEARTS thing happening makes me hope that the AEW folks are smart enough to bring him in for something.

A Twitter take on this I really liked:

And MLW has been booking Park but he's not exclusive or anything
That's a pretty good take on it alright. WWE want people to look for very certain things from performers in ring so it's "just like I remember, I got to see Superstar X do his move!!"

Oct 25, 2017
Dwayne's PR persona has always come across as majorly phoney and self-serving, meanwhile real Good Dudes like Guy Fieri are out there just quietly bettering the world for no reason other than they're good people.

Oct 25, 2017
Also I will add that while I agree with what he's saying it actually goes for everyone and not the newer generations. That's just how most have moved to older generations included.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Dwayne's PR persona has always come across as majorly phoney and self-serving, meanwhile real Good Dudes like Guy Fieri are out there just quietly bettering the world for no reason other than they're good people.
Isn't Guy Fieri like super homophobic despite smoking up quality meats for fire victims

no one is safe

EDIT: Apparently the claims were unsubstantiated, rejoice!

Last edited: