• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Sareee understands

giphy.gif

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Tuned in to 205 Live to see the open challenge

Now I remember why I stopped watching it. Show is completely lifeless. Crowd could not give less of a fuck.

Nah, the one thing you can say about 205 Live at all is that the matches are usually great.

Oct 25, 2017

Now I remember why I stopped watching it. Show is completely lifeless. Crowd could not give less of a fuck.

Nah, the one thing you can say about 205 Live at all is that the matches are usually great.

It hasn't been that bad in a long time. I don't think moving it back to after Smackdown was a good idea

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Match was really good

But goddamn what a mistake it was to move this show back to after Smackdown

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
205 Live is a tainted brand airing in a completed dead spot after the people who the audience paid to see are done. The show as it is is on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled.

Oct 25, 2017
You could say that, but the crowd was hot as hell for Andrade/Rey

It's the 205 stink combined with taping it after SD.

I really don't know why they moved it. Crowds are more open to wrestlers they don't know before the show starts not when they just watched 2 hours of wrestling with bigger stars and are waiting for a dark match

Deleted member 274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever made the decision to send them back to the spot after SD either wants them to fail or is an incompetent dumbass

Or both

I feel so bad for the talent

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ayame/Millie is really good considering the relative inexperience of both. Big Dog 2019.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018

Birmingham, Alabama is a real shitty place to live, to be honest. And a lot of wrestling crowds are awful there.

Source: Friend who actually lives in Alabama.

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
205 Live is a tainted brand airing in a completed dead spot after the people who the audience paid to see are done. The show as it is is on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled.
Pulling the plug would mean WWE releasing at least half a dozen wrestlers (in 2019) ready to be snatched up by their talent hungry competitor. It'd make no sense

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pulling the plug would mean WWE releasing at least half a dozen wrestlers (in 2019) ready to be snatched up by their talent hungry competitor. It'd make no sense

lmao they wouldn't release anyone

They'd just distribute the ones they care about among the other numerous brands and send the rest to Largo.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
Tinkering away on OTs for Takeover and the Rumble (this year will be separate OTs for both rather than the one super OT like last year with Raw, Takeover and the Rumble - Mania will be a super OT, though).

I think I'm also going to do the Elimination Chamber OT as well despite usually doing the Big Five OTs, if only for the women's tag belts.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So are they gonna get Becky gear that matches her current character? I mean sure having her wrestling in a shirt and tight jeans looks hot but it also looks really impractical given she isn't really a brawler.

Also Kayla Braxton made Becky look like she was like 6 feet tall.

Last edited:

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
lol fuck MLW

for reference:

"This is a match and organization Rush wanted to be a part of but sometimes politics get in the way and that's what this comes down to: politics," said MLW CEO Court Bauer.

Last edited:

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The internet loves Asuka doing Japanese so of course they give her a mic and tell her speak English.

My Twitter blew up with people who loved her forcing that new match while just shouting in Japanese. It's great she just uses physical gestures and facial expressions to get it across.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also, boy, the opening match of SD was like a thesis statement for my point that the Iiconics are terrible

Deleted member 274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao they wouldn't release anyone

They'd just distribute the ones they care about among the other numerous brands and send the rest to Largo.
Then what would the point of pulling the plug be? It's not like they wouldn't have to fill 205's weekly spot with a new show, be that Superstars or whatever?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I think the feeding frenzy's going to settle down a fair bit at some point, but more places for guys to exclusively sign will undoubtedly lead to proper independent promotions having less time with up and coming stars, which makes it all the more difficult to book a compelling product. I think promotions like RevPro and OTT strengthening ties is an indication of the route the larger indies will have to take - at the moment it's just a relationship based around not stepping on each other's toes and sharing the burdens of bringing over import talent, but perhaps joint contracts shared between multiple promotions could be a viable solution to the problem of any one of the majors just being able to swoop in and scoop up any of your talent at any given time.

I was also thinking of the smaller indies who rely on bringing in a few guys a year to push their big shows.

Granted they still might get them

Jeff Cobb for example despite having an ROH contract is still allowed to work a date with my local promotion

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Then what would the point of pulling the plug be? It's not like they wouldn't have to fill 205's weekly spot with a new show, be that Superstars or whatever?

They wouldn't have to. 205 doesn't air anywhere. It's not satisfying a TV contract or anything.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol fuck MLW

for reference:

"This is a match and organization Rush wanted to be a part of but sometimes politics get in the way and that's what this comes down to: politics," said MLW CEO Court Bauer.

lol Court throwing a tantrum because he's getting his talent scooped

So much for "we'll work together with everyone!"

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
The internet loves Asuka doing Japanese so of course they give her a mic and tell her speak English.

My Twitter blew up with people who loved her forcing that new match while just shouting in Japanese. It's great she just uses physical gestures and facial expressions to get it across.
I've seen some people try and claim that because Asuka got some "what" chants tonight, it totally means Vince is going to sour on her and bury her and give the title back to Becky. (Disregard the fact that Vince isn't THAT random)

Yes, Asuka totally got buried tonight despite no selling the what chants.

And yeah, I was listening to the Fightful review of Smackdown, and Sean Ross Sapp pointed out that it was great that Asuka grabbed Billie and forced the ref to ring the bell. "It's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission" is what he said Jason Ayers (the ref) was probably thinking at the time.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some people try and claim that because Asuka got some "what" chants tonight, it totally means Vince is going to sour on her and bury her and give the title back to Becky.

Yes, Asuka totally got buried tonight despite no selling the what chants.

And yeah, I was listening to the Fightful review of Smackdown, and Sean Ross Sapp pointed out that it was great that Asuka grabbed Billie and forced the ref to ring the bell. "It's better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission" is what he said Jason Ayers (the ref) was probably thinking at the time.
There's nothing that could change the plans of that specific match though.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
There's nothing that could change the plans of that specific match though.
Oh I know. Sean Ross Sapp was making a joke about the situation and gushing over how badass Asuka was. Ayers didn't want to get murdered by Asuka for trying to stop her from murdering her prey.

Unless you are talking about their match at the Rumble. Because people are paranoid that Becky will win the title back, and she'll interfere later in the night in the Ronda/Sasha match to cost Ronda the title. Which will prompt Ronda to win the Rumble and go on to challenge Becky and Charlotte at Wrestlemania for the Smackdown Women's Title.

Nevermind the fact that Vince still sees RAW as the A-Show and there is no chance in hell he lets the Smackdown Women's Title main event. Hell, I can't even remember the last time Smackdown main evented Wrestlemania.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, boy, the opening match of SD was like a thesis statement for my point that the Iiconics are terrible
Agreed. The biggest problem is that for that match to work you need good hands like the Riott Squad where there's two good wrestlers (Sarah and Ruby) who know how to sell what the match is about.

It just makes Becky look like she's selling for an idiot when the other person can't hang. The point of that match was to get Asuka over - she lost to Charlotte at the height of her mystique and the TLC match was when she got it back. But the TLC match was a fuck finish and she was going to lose before Ronda showed up. So the point here is to have Becky sell a decent match and have Asuka squash the other. But Peyton sucking meant instead Becky looked dumb.

Speaking of which the Riott Squad is a group of callups I never would have dreamed would have done as well as they have on the main roster.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like sonya and Mandy would have been perfect in that spot.

But they're wrapped up in terrible cheater storyline land

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I mean I feel like this entire thing is setting up Becky being humbled at Royal Rumble. She's starting to show delusions of grandeur. I feel like if WWE's story tonight was to show that Becky talks a big game, but struggles to actually follow through on her words, then they got the point across. And that will probably bite Becky in the ass at the Royal Rumble when she loses to Asuka.

I mean don't get me wrong, Becky does usually win her matches. However she acts like she completely decimates the other person, when in reality she struggles to put them away. And I wouldn't call her victories over Charlotte dominant ones either. She's still beaten Charlotte twice, but both of them were by the skin of her teeth. And she had gotten intentionally disqualified once as well.

Becky is trying to revive NXT Asuka it seems. The problem being that NXT Asuka is a SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous and cunning foe than Charlotte ever was.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I was also thinking of the smaller indies who rely on bringing in a few guys a year to push their big shows.

Granted they still might get them

Jeff Cobb for example despite having an ROH contract is still allowed to work a date with my local promotion

The next few months should be good for the indies since evidently the AEW roster is able to work shows until the promotion starts. SCUs coming to Austin and I'm quite excited to see them at such a small venue.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Is Lawlor going to AEW or WWE?
It's MLW locking him down for no reason because their money mark Mania weekend main event of LA Park vs. Rush got cancelled (Rush signed an exclusive deal to ROH today, after MLW talked a bunch of shit about wanting to build the company around him)

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Where did that Rey/Andrade match come from? That was not a wwe main roster match, there was no extended rest holds, no heel continue to get offense for the majority of the match, it was a great back and forth with a lot of counters and built on last weeks match. Reminded me of those great Christian/Orton matches i.e the only great run of Orton's career. Rey has been freaking great since his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.