• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
While not a five star machine, Black is a reliable hand, I've enjoyed all his high profile matches.

God, remember when TNA fucking rocked

Yo, that was dope.

sometimes I forget pull apart brawls can be damn hype, I feel like WWE misses more than hits when they go for them, what was the last great one, Taker/Brock from a couple of years ago?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
If they do Four Horsewomen vs Four Horsewomen, going to be very curious to see what they do with Charlotte since she's in full on baby eater mode right now.

Could do a temporary alliance thing while tension rises between her and Becky a lot before she ends up turning on them after the angle is over.

That said, its still probably a ways off and enough time might have passed by then that they'll all be faces again.

(please no, I love heel Charlotte)

ZeBatsy

Oct 27, 2017
Maria can't leave when there's a 1% chance she is in the rumble and comes out to Legs Like That which is a moment I need

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

giphy.gif

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Dug up my 2018 predictions from last January:

Who are people hoping or expecting to have breakout 2018s oan the indies? I've gone for 3 of each from my scene:

Men:
  • Eddie Dennis - By breakout, I mean firmly establish himself at the top of the card. His heel work has been great so far, and hopefully getting the feud with Mandrews in the ring will deliver and get him up there more permanently. He's also hanging around Rev Pro, which is always good if you want to shuffle up the Indy hierarchy with a few New Japan matches. Speaking of:
  • Aussie Open - I'm hoping they make it out for Mania weekend. There's a tendency in the back half of last year, for better or worse, of acts getting hot (usually in Fight Club) then getting rocketed to the top of the card all over the country when they're perhaps not quite there yet, even though they hold their own. See Millie McKenzie, and Aussie Open getting EVIL and SANADA in their Rev Pro debut. These guys are a very good tag team though, and I'm particularly a fan of Mark Davis. I think a good Mania weekend could do them good like it did for the Power Trip, who I also hope get another good Mania weekend to make up for TK missing the back half of 2017 and having that buzz mostly dashed.
  • Danny Jones - This is more of an expect to than hope to. Granted: I've seen one match of his, but he was very solidly doing nothing very interesting. His look is garbage (enters in a red leather jacket with a dumb leather dragon tail in a red devil mask with a Welsh flag then takes the mask off to reveal literally the Demon Balor paint) and he could have been anyone in that match. That said, it's one match, and his Welsh colleagues think highly of him, and now that he's back from All Japan, PROGRESS and ATTACK both seem like they have some level of plans for him.
Women:
  • Divisions in general - we've got one decent sized all women's promotions and a bunch of mens promotions with women's divisions that are at WWE or sub WWE levels of exposure (1 match on a show if you're lucky). It makes it really hard for women to get experience, look at a cagematch page and so many have a single page of matches.
  • Sammi Jayne - She's very good but doesn't get booked much outside of EVE and the low level Scots indies (and an occasional ICW look in). I'd like to see her make her way into some of the southern women's divisions regularly. She'd do well at PROGRESS, one dragon suplex on the apron and they'd be all over her.
  • Jamie Hayter - When I first saw her at EVE in 2017, I assumed she was one of the journeywomen wretlers who'd been going at the scene for a long time but never got the exposure, but no, I just learned today that she's only been at it for a couple of years. She's remarkably well rounded considering most are still trying to find their feet and personality 2 years in, and she'll only get better from the good she's at now.
Not too bad, although Sammi spent a lot of time on the shelf (and possibly regressed), no women's divisions in men's companies impressed (with the possible exception of Riptide but they don't really have a division between men and women) and Danny Jones wasn't forced, thank fuck

Aussie Open did get to Mania, impressed Tanahashi of all people, and are doing very well against the new Japan lads
Jamie Hayter is now near the top level women

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just listened to Jericho's podcast about AEW etc. Funny hearing him talk about nobody knowing #stronghearts and OWE. I guess though, the vast majority of people who watch wrestling aren't like us and really have no idea about #stronghearts and co.

It'll be interesting to see how this all goes.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
This whole thing seems like everyone is having a great time and I think that will show in the final product

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I just listened to Jericho's podcast about AEW etc. Funny hearing him talk about nobody knowing #stronghearts and OWE. I guess though, the vast majority of people who watch wrestling aren't like us and really have no idea about #stronghearts and co.

It'll be interesting to see how this all goes.
I mean, yeah, people who know OWE are a bubble of a bubble

The Maharaja

Oct 25, 2017
WWE is seeking "passionate fans" for a paid position watching WWE content for tagging within the WWE Network. The job posting is seeking applicants for a logging project, noting, "The logger will be responsible for watching WWE content and recognizing key attributes that should be tagged within WWE programming on WWE Network."

The key job responsibilities are:

* Watch and log hours of WWE footage daily
* Utilizing strong product knowledge from the last 30 years of WWE, WCW, ECW and other professional wrestling libraries, create catalog of content.
* Data entry of key moments in WWE programming
* Provide consistent updates to manager and key stakeholders

You can find out more about the full-time position and apply at the link.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/wwe-announces-new-job-passionate-fans-logging-project/

https://wwecorp.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/wwecorp/job/Remote---Connecticut/Logger---TEMP_R0002290

idk sounds like a dream job to me boyz

Status
Not open for further replies.