• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
https://dismantle.bigcartel.com

F95040D1-6461-4A50-AFF6-519E22AEFE18.jpeg
4351173C-3DF1-487D-92ED-001649EF55E4.jpeg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
That's the first time I've heard of a british rounds gimmick, 2oldschool4me?
And that limited ring space is something novel, I'm so used to seeing people thrown over ropes to the outside that it caught me off guard when the guy was thrown straight into a wall.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So in the old WOS rules, referees would give out public warnings when the heel cheated or ignores instructions or whatever, or like the face gets tricked into it, a lot like tag team partner spots kind of in terms of the reaction they're going for. I think it's 3 and you're DQd.

Ah, thanks. That can make for some interesting dynamics when used right. Also, what is with the feud Cara and Sexsmith have in twitter? And the feud Cara has with vegans?

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Johnny Gargano's 12 TakeOver matches average out at 4.5 stars per match on the Meltzer scale

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II w/Tomasso Ciampa vs The Revival (NXT Tag Team Championship) - 4.5 stars
NXT TakeOver: Toronto w/Tomasso Ciampa vs The Revival (Two-out-of-three falls match for the NXT Tag Team Championship) - 4.5 stars
NXT TakeOver: San Antonio w/Tomasso Ciampa vs Authors Of Pain (NXT Tag Team Championship) - 3.5 stars
NXT TakeOver: Orlando w/Tomasso Ciampa vs Authors of Pain vs. The Revival (Triple threat elimination match for the NXT Tag Team Championship) - 4.5 stars
NXT TakeOver: Chicago w/Tomasso Ciampa vs Authors of Pain – (Ladder Match For The NXT Tag Team Championship) - 4.25 stars
NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III vs Andrade "Cien" Almas - 4.25 stars
NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia vs Andrade "Cien" Almas (NXT Championship) - 5 stars
NXT TakeOver: New Orleans vs Tomasso Ciampa (Unsanctioned Match) - 5 stars
NXT TakeOver: Chicago II vs Tomasso Ciampa (Street Fight) - 4.5 stars
NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 vs Tomasso Ciampa (Last Man Standing match for the NXT Championship) - 4.5 stars
NXT TakeOver: WarGames (2018) vs Aleister Black - 4.75 stars
NXT TakeOver: Phoenix vs Ricochet (NXT North American Championship) - 4.75 stars

Johnny fucking Takeover!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
This is why the Gargano/Ciampa storyline just keeps going, they're doing their best to delay the main roster call up where Johnny Takeover becomes Johnny lost in the shuffle.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
That's the first time I've heard of a british rounds gimmick, 2oldschool4me?
And that limited ring space is something novel, I'm so used to seeing people thrown over ropes to the outside that it caught me off guard when the guy was thrown straight into a wall.
love the Res Gallery for that sort of thing, wall runs, balcony dives, there's a lot of room (ironically, as it's v cramped) for creativity.

Yeah the rounds gimmick is more or less the rules the 70s/80s World of Sport TV wrestling was worked under, that's always been such a point of reference for British wrestling that most companies will pull them out at one point or another
Ah, thanks. That can make for some interesting dynamics when used right. Also, what is with the feud Cara and Sexsmith have in twitter? And the feud Cara has with vegans?
Not sure on either of those, Sexsmith I assume they're working to a match somewhere, and it's something to do with Cara being a I guess queer adjacent character? The vegan thing I have no idea, he likes eggs? 🤷‍♂️

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

This is awesome

Just feels so rare to see crowd reactions like this nowadays

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
WE ARE LIVE
2HEE82J.png

And now, a word from RWF Chairman Sephzilla...

GYgwUtO.jpg

A little more than a year ago in the aftermath of RWF11: Go Over or Be Over the rebellious faction known as the "JIF" managed to infiltrate the RWF Headquarters and stole numerous production trucks, vandalized RWF offices, destroyed documents vital to the daily operation of RWF, and even renamed every .gif file on record to a .jif file after hacking the RWF database. This caused RWF to go into an extended hiatus that ultimately sidelined the promotion for over a year. I am pleased to announce that RWF is now back to operational status and that RWF12 is officially booked.

*The press suddenly tries asking a series of questions at once asking about the venue and matches*

Now before we get into the details of RWF12, there's a few minor details that I need to iron out regarding championship related matters resulting from RWF's long hiatus. There is good news and there is bad news. The good news is that all previous RWF championships are going to stay with their respective title holders from before the year long break, for those of you whom forgot who the RWF Champions were then I'll recap;

RWF Tag Team Champions = Syder & Beefy
RWF B+ Champion = giancarlo123x
RWF World Champion = TheeFanatic

The bad news, and I'll state that this is only minor, is that the length of these championship reigns will not include the full duration of RWF's hiatus. Meaning, for example, TheeFanatic will not get a free full calendar year of days added to his championship reign. The way the RWF Board of Directors has agreed to handle this is that all RWF Champions will receive an additional 30 days onto the length of their championship reigns from the end of RWF. So, in short, championship title reigns will act as if RWF12 happened one month after RWF11.

And how, without further ado, I'm pleased to reveal RWF12!

RWF12: RWF vs JIF Revenge
Date:
Thursday, January 31st, 2019
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central/1:00AM London
Where: Live from the EraDome on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1548982800z1.png

RWF B+ Championship Singles Match
Tall4Life vs giancarlo123x (c)
What a better way to begin RWF's return than with a title match. The New England Patriots are back in the title picture, and so is Tall4Life. Arguably the hottest heal in RWF, Tall4Life looks to begin another B+ Championship reign. Giancarlo123x will have something to say about that though and prove that his B+ Championship win over RBH, the man who unseated Tall4Life for the B+ title, was not a fluke.

Special Mod Battle Singles Match
Syder vs BronsonLee
Syder ascended to the level of ResetEra moderator and now BronsonLee wants to protect his spot.

RWF B+ #1 Contender Ladder Match
Serene vs excelsiorlef vs ZeBatsy vs Flammable D vs Hasney vs Serpentine
The RWF B+ division is wide open and the powers that be have decided that a ladder match filled with some of RWF's biggest names is the best way to crown a new contender for the B+ Championship

Hardcore Match - If RBH wins he becomes World Title #1 Contender
Sephzilla vs RBH
Following his B+ Championship defeat at RWF11, RBH took out his frustrations on Beefy backstage causing a huge brawl. RWF Chairman Sephzilla stepped in to take matters into his own hands and protect his fellow Authority member, Beefy, and issued a challenge to RBH with the stipulation that if RBH can beat the boss then he goes to the front of the line and challenges the RWF Champion in the future.

Main Event Part 1 - Tag Team Match
BiggestGeekEver & Menome vs The JIF (Zach & Dental Plan )
Rivals turn allies, friends become enemies. The explosion of the Mega Huggers at RWF8 had a bigger impact on RWF than anyone could have possibly imagined. It resulted in Zach becoming a different person, falling into league with the likes of Dental Plan and forming The JIF and beating down BiggestGeekEver at RWF9. The JIF would then go on to nearly destroy RWF as a whole. Now, over a year later, BGE has returned with a new ally in Menome, a former foe of the Mega Huggers who has now turned to defending RWF. Can this new alliance stop the JIF's reign of terror?

Main Event Part 2 - RWF World Championship Hell in a Cell
Beefy vs TheeFanatic (c)
The RWF mega fight that has been in the works for over a year. Former RWF Champion vs current RWF Champion. The best versus the best. Beefy and TheeFanatic are #1 and #2 in overall wins and winning percentage in RWF, making this a battle of the best versus the best. Ever since breaking through into singles matches, TheeFanatic has been on a tear that carried him all the way to an RWF World Championship reign at RWF10 over ZeBatsy and a title defense at RWF11 that ended the RWF career of Bask. The dominant champion TheeFanatic then issued a challenge to former champion Beefy in order to prove that he was the best RWF Champion in history, and Beefy accepted setting up the RWF12 Mega Fight.

Card subject to change

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
WE ARE LIVE

2HEE82J.png

And now, a word from RWF Chairman Sephzilla...

GYgwUtO.jpg

A little more than a year ago in the aftermath of RWF11: Go Over or Be Over the rebellious faction known as the "JIF" managed to infiltrate the RWF Headquarters and stole numerous production trucks, vandalized RWF offices, destroyed documents vital to the daily operation of RWF, and even renamed every .gif file on record to a .jif file after hacking the RWF database. This caused RWF to go into an extended hiatus that ultimately sidelined the promotion for over a year. I am pleased to announce that RWF is now back to operational status and that RWF12 is officially booked.

*The press suddenly tries asking a series of questions at once asking about the venue and matches*

Now before we get into the details of RWF12, there's a few minor details that I need to iron out regarding championship related matters resulting from RWF's long hiatus. There is good news and there is bad news. The good news is that all previous RWF championships are going to stay with their respective title holders from before the year long break, for those of you whom forgot who the RWF Champions were then I'll recap;

RWF Tag Team Champions = Syder & Beefy
RWF B+ Champion = giancarlo123x
RWF World Champion = TheeFanatic

The bad news, and I'll state that this is only minor, is that the length of these championship reigns will not include the full duration of RWF's hiatus. Meaning, for example, TheeFanatic will not get a free full calendar year of days added to his championship reign. The way the RWF Board of Directors has agreed to handle this is that all RWF Champions will receive an additional 30 days onto the length of their championship reigns from the end of RWF. So, in short, championship title reigns will act as if RWF12 happened one month after RWF11.

And how, without further ado, I'm pleased to reveal RWF12!

RWF12: RWF vs JIF Revenge
Date:
Thursday, January 31st, 2019
Time: 8:00PM Eastern/7:00PM Central/1:00AM London
Where: Live from the EraDome on www.twitch.tv/sephzilla - Replay will be available on YouTube

t1548982800z1.png

RWF B+ Championship Singles Match
Tall4Life vs giancarlo123x (c)
What a better way to begin RWF's return than with a title match. The New England Patriots are back in the title picture, and so is Tall4Life. Arguably the hottest heal in RWF, Tall4Life looks to begin another B+ Championship reign. Giancarlo123x will have something to say about that though and prove that his B+ Championship win over RBH, the man who unseated Tall4Life for the B+ title, was not a fluke.

Special Mod Battle Singles Match
Syder vs BronsonLee
Syder ascended to the level of ResetEra moderator and now BronsonLee wants to protect his spot.

RWF B+ #1 Contender Ladder Match
Serene vs excelsiorlef vs ZeBatsy vs Flammable D vs Hasney vs Serpentine
The RWF B+ division is wide open and the powers that be have decided that a ladder match filled with some of RWF's biggest names is the best way to crown a new contender for the B+ Championship

Hardcore Match - If RBH wins he becomes World Title #1 Contender
Sephzilla vs RBH
Following his B+ Championship defeat at RWF11, RBH took out his frustrations on Beefy backstage causing a huge brawl. RWF Chairman Sephzilla stepped in to take matters into his own hands and protect his fellow Authority member, Beefy, and issued a challenge to RBH with the stipulation that if RBH can beat the boss then he goes to the front of the line and challenges the RWF Champion in the future.

Main Event Part 1 - Tag Team Match
BiggestGeekEver & Menome vs The JIF (Zach & Dental Plan )
Rivals turn allies, friends become enemies. The explosion of the Mega Huggers at RWF8 had a bigger impact on RWF than anyone could have possibly imagined. It resulted in Zach becoming a different person, falling into league with the likes of Dental Plan and forming The JIF and beating down BiggestGeekEver at RWF9. The JIF would then go on to nearly destroy RWF as a whole. Now, over a year later, BGE has returned with a new ally in Menome, a former foe of the Mega Huggers who has now turned to defending RWF. Can this new alliance stop the JIF's reign of terror?

Main Event Part 2 - RWF World Championship Hell in a Cell
Beefy vs TheeFanatic (c)
The RWF mega fight that has been in the works for over a year. Former RWF Champion vs current RWF Champion. The best versus the best. Beefy and TheeFanatic are #1 and #2 in overall wins and winning percentage in RWF, making this a battle of the best versus the best. Ever since breaking through into singles matches, TheeFanatic has been on a tear that carried him all the way to an RWF World Championship reign at RWF10 over ZeBatsy and a title defense at RWF11 that ended the RWF career of Bask. The dominant champion TheeFanatic then issued a challenge to former champion Beefy in order to prove that he was the best RWF Champion in history, and Beefy accepted setting up the RWF12 Mega Fight.

Card subject to change

Yeah!

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tranquilo, do not cancel your NJPW account:

Also, between Ospreay twitter and Mexican indies and +lucha making Angel o Demonio a thing, the carnies competition this year will be fierce:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Gargano will eventually get his wins it's more that HHH is willing to let it go for an incredibly long time
Until then, gonna have to downgrade him from Johnny Badass to Johnny Geek, I'm sad to say.

His heel turn started out pretty interesting but I think it may start to finally lose me depending on where it ends up by Mania.

Last edited:

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
RWF Headquarters
Attn: Sephzilla
1241 East Reset Street
Green Bay, WI 54304

Sirs:

On behalf of Dental Plan, myself, and all of the JIFamaniacs out there, brother, I am submitting this formal request to have one of two actions take place immediately to rectify a mishandling of the JIF entrance theme, the JIF brand, and all of the fine people associated with JIF at RWF 12:

1.) Expunge JIF's so-called "loss" at RWF 12 entirely and apolojize to the entire JIF organization for a complete lack of professionalism and oversight of the entity RWF and its subsidiaries, or

2.) Book a Tornado Tag Death Match between JIF and cowardly BiggestGeekEver and his sidekick Menome at the next RWF Super Card. JIF will agree to disband and retire the JIF brand if it is to lose in such a match (as long as BGE's small-bodied, diaper-wearing baby assistant Skikkiks is banned from ringside).

I appreciate your prompt response on this matter. God bless. HH

Status
Not open for further replies.