• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I prefer Jericho's last wwe run over this njpw run.
Chris-Jericho-chris-jericho-16814198-347-390.gif

Drink it in, friends.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Trying to get Aja Kong is a good sign they're at least marginally more aware of the joshi world, so that's nice. There are a handful of great alternatives to Mayu and I hope they have the awareness to pursue them.
I mean if Omega is going to AEW.

They have an in on that side given that he actually knows joshi from multiple promotions.

Still Mayu and Aja? Come one AEW, ypu gotta be smarter than that.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if Omega is going to AEW.

They have an in on that side given that he actually knows joshi from multiple promotions.

Still Mayu and Aja? Come one AEW, ypu gotta be smarter than that.
How can they recruit joshi wrestlers when Christopher Daniels is there, standing and disapproving because they've disrespected him?

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WWE's going to end up with so many different shows, so many hours of content, so many co-opted partners that at some point some of it has to end up being a drastic departure from the typical WWE style and approach, right? It can't all just be different shades of the same shit, surely? NXT Japan, NXT Mexico, NXT India, NXT China, but they'll all feel just as soulless if NXT UK's anything to go by. What a fuckin shame.

DrDarkStryfe

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
WWE's going to end up with so many different shows, so many hours of content, so many co-opted partners that at some point some of it has to end up being a drastic departure from the typical WWE style and approach, right? It can't all just be different shades of the same shit, surely? NXT Japan, NXT Mexico, NXT India, NXT China, but they'll all feel just as soulless if NXT UK's anything to go by. What a fuckin shame.

That's the problem with having the same people in charge for a long ass time; they only know how to do things a certain way and have a hard time innovating.

If only Vince and others would be as receptive to their product as they are in their multimedia strategy and products divisions.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the problem with having the same people in charge for a long ass time; they only know how to do things a certain way and have a hard time innovating.

If only Vince and others would be as receptive to their product as they are in their multimedia strategy and products divisions.
Everybody wants to be the McDonald's of something.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Jericho's making his case to be the modern day Terry Funk or Misawa. Brother went to NJPW and found himself again, now he's putting on 5-star clinics again instead of screaming rooty tooty booty on 205 Live or some shit.

Mock him if you want, but his legacy has skyrocketed without WWE.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
When is SD going to air in FOX? At this point I feel that is the only thing that I feel could actually shake up things in the company.

Also, regarding meltzer ratings, this is the first time that I truly feel like the "tokyo dome multiplier" meme was real, personally, the heavyweight tag match and the ishii vs sabre matches didn't were 4 stars matches for me, at least I really hated that dumb spot when Ishii did a suplex on the corner to sabre jr, only for him not sell it, do a submission, and then sell the thing, it really ruined the match for me and it was almost as bad as that superplex gif of Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards.

The 3 main events were great, and the Ibushi vs Ospreay match too, so overall it was a good event at least

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
People keep talking about the rut WWE is in. Am I the only one who thinks that since November, Smackdown has been the best main roster show in years?

Just stop watching Raw people.

Oct 25, 2017
I did sit down and watch the "Botch Club" episode with Gallows and Anderson and I liked it more than botchamania, tbh.

It won't show all the good stuff, of course, but I definitely liked not having shitty 8-bit remixes and bad advertisements on it. Big step up

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stumbled across this Very Cool video, especially targeted toward BritishMonsoon

Really good quality footage. I like it.

Awesome find, not sure if I've seen this before - love any early Andre footage, most people don't have an appreciation for just how strong and athletic he was in his prime. Stomper wasn't exactly a small guy, but Andre lifts him using only his neck like it's nothing!

Great shots of the crowd as well, back when wrestling used to be a properly family outing.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look at this goddamn show;

Dan freaking Severn vs Alexander Otsuka, James Mason vs Minoru Tanaka?! Hope this makes tape somewhere, even if I have to import the DVD.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Chris Jericho's making his case to be the modern day Terry Funk or Misawa. Brother went to NJPW and found himself again, now he's putting on 5-star clinics again instead of screaming rooty tooty booty on 205 Live or some shit.

Mock him if you want, but his legacy has skyrocketed without WWE.

He's kind of becoming like an L.A. Park style hardcore brawler too which is never something I thought I would hear.

Newlib

Oct 25, 2017
Lot of people don't know how much of a turd Rock has been.

It also goes to kind of big issue I have with people's expectations out of AEW and what they want out of WWE. The Monday Night Wars was full of offensive shit done by terrible people. The wrestling was pretty mediocre as well. Why not inspire your programming to be better instead of hoping for a nostalgic vision of wrestling that never actually existed.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
LA Park is affiliated only to money. If AEW makes the right offer he'll work with Hornswoggle.

The #STRONGHEARTS thing happening makes me hope that the AEW folks are smart enough to bring him in for something.

A Twitter take on this I really liked:

And MLW has been booking Park but he's not exclusive or anything

That's a pretty good take on it alright. WWE want people to look for very certain things from performers in ring so it's "just like I remember, I got to see Superstar X do his move!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.