• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dwayne's PR persona has always come across as majorly phoney and self-serving, meanwhile real Good Dudes like Guy Fieri are out there just quietly bettering the world for no reason other than they're good people.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The Rock stuff is yet more meaningless American cultural vomit drivel that nobody should care about but sadly, they do.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also I will add that while I agree with what he's saying it actually goes for everyone and not the newer generations. That's just how most have moved to older generations included.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Dwayne's PR persona has always come across as majorly phoney and self-serving, meanwhile real Good Dudes like Guy Fieri are out there just quietly bettering the world for no reason other than they're good people.
Isn't Guy Fieri like super homophobic despite smoking up quality meats for fire victims

no one is safe

EDIT: Apparently the claims were unsubstantiated, rejoice!

Last edited:

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
That Stardom New Year's Battle Royal was so much fun and I'm loving Jamie Hayter in Oedo Tai.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Guy Fieri like super homophobic despite smoking up quality meats for fire victims

no one is safe

Well, fuck.

At least no one can take Stan Hansen from me. All he ever did was hit RVD so hard he still bitterly complained about it in a shoot interview 20 years later. That's a positive, in my book. And pop out Vader's eye, but it popped right back in afterwards, so no biggie.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Man what happened to you friend

I'm limiting my caring to things in 2019 to the following 3 subjects

1) Climate change (aka actual collapse of capitalism in ~50 years under the stresses of multiple climate catastrophes)
2) Wealth inequality
3) Housing and homelessness

Everything else is noise, celebrity culture war bullshit prime amongst them. I don't care what The Rock said. I don't care what happened on Twitter or the Oscars or whatever. Expending energy online on these subjects is using up precious emotional energy that we need to radically change society from the ground up or face the death of our planet as a place to sustain human life at it's current population level.

(Sorry going all RAH RAH preachy at you, you are still the best man <3 Just needed to clarify that I haven't ingest a colored pill or something)

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017

no one is safe
yeah I thought Guy Fiery is homophobic ass

I don't like Dwayne use snowflake term because thats bullshit, and I agree we must stand up to hateful thing even the very minor one but sometime the way we do it is very nasty like dogpiling it.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017

1) Climate change (aka actual collapse of capitalism in ~50 years under the stresses of multiple climate catastrophes)
2) Wealth inequality

Everything else is noise, celebrity culture war bullshit prime amongst them. I don't care what The Rock said. I don't care what happened on Twitter or the Oscars or whatever. Expending energy online on these subjects is using up precious emotional energy that we need to radically change society from the ground up or face the death of our planet as a place to sustain human life at it's current population level.

(Sorry going all RAH RAH preachy at you, you are still the best man <3 Just needed to clarify that I haven't ingest a colored pill or something)
Hey, you're never wrong. ♥️

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Now that's not to say Guy is perfect. There are a lot of claims that he's a pain in the ass to work with, from a lot of people.

But as far as I know, the homophobia claims all basically start and end with a guy who was in a legal dispute with Guy Fieri and nothing else has ever shown up to coopt that.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright I've read enough of that topic time to move on.
Sasha gonna probably start dunking Ronda on twitter now and I'm all for it.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

2) Wealth inequality

I am kinda like you. Last year I eliminated all my social media and cut ties with a lot of people and only focus on climate change, inequality and refugees. The last because my city always had a big deported population but now also is becoming a big refugees destination. Cutting social media gave me back like 40% more time. It is such a waste of energy you could use to actually try to change how things are.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
I am kinda like you. Last year I eliminated all my social media and cut ties with a lot of people and only focus on climate change, inequality and refugees. The last because my city always had a big deported population but now also is becoming a big refugees destination. Cutting social media gave me back like 40% more time. It is such a waste of energy you could use to actually try to change how things are.

Social media is a great tool for the collective mobilization of marginalized people regardless of everything else surrounding it and I will never budge on that. If people think it's just noise, then whatever. But platforms like that in spite of how terribly they are operated do actually have value to certain groups of people, whether that's for organizing action or just catharsis. I don't think either you or Klonere are being as blinkered as that, just putting it out there.

Oh, this is the wrasslin' thread. Uhh I hope AEW turns out good.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Social media is a great tool for the collective mobilization of marginalized people regardless of everything else surrounding it and I will never budge on that. If people think it's just noise, then whatever. But platforms like that in spite of how terribly they are operated do actually have value to certain groups of people, whether that's for organizing action or just catharsis. I don't think either you or Klonere are being as blinkered as that, just putting it out there.

Here in Mexico (and Latin America in general) it is a bit different. whatsapp is the app that dominates communication, business and organization. Social media like FB is still used by some groups, but a lot gave up on it. It also does no help that wifi is not great here. And a lot of people here do not know how to use social media or have an smart phone.

deli

Oct 25, 2017
Here in Mexico (and Latin America in general) it is a bit different. whatsapp is the app that dominates communication, business and organization. Social media like FB is still used by some groups, but a lot gave up on it. It also does no help that wifi is not great here. And a lot of people here do not know how to use social media or have an smart phone.

I can imagine that changes things a lot, yeah.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can imagine that changes things a lot, yeah.

The digital breach (digital divide) is still big here:

brecha.jpg

http://artcom.um.edu.mx/transiciondigital/?p=46

So it has become a new form of social exclusion.

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Great work man, and yeah that was the same idea had. Just more energy to expend in different areas.

Absolutely, we got the abortion referendum passed through here in Ireland with a very strong social media presence from the youth. I don't discount it's power in the areas that matter.

I hate it as an energy sink for people who get sucked into the culture/celebrity war stuff, smart, intelligent people who waste away getting involved in all that. It makes me sad.

Deleted member 8583

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hate it as an energy sink for people who get sucked into the culture/celebrity war stuff, smart, intelligent people who waste away getting involved in all that. It makes me sad.

Also stuff like FB groups on Marxism, anarchism, any other radical group in general were such a huge waste of time. Just people looking to show their ideas are the right ones to lead the revolution or just endless defeatism. Leaving them was such a great improvement on my mental health. For stuff like that it is much better to engage in actual face to face dialogues (even if they can have the same problems many online groups have). Another issue was the endless fake news...

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks GCW's next Chicago show is tomorrow live on the Fite.TV network, gross ultraviolence for your consideration this fine january weekend

DwBV-AtW0AgYTJp.jpg

Gage is hurt. Could this be the one? I hope not. Eric Ryan looks like a metalcore drummer, idk that's all I got MDK

DwBV8N0WkAECXbB.jpg

FREEDOMS import with a hungry dude that can go the distance. Expecting this to be the best on the show

DwBV_r3X4AEqhBj.jpg

This is gonna be bad but maybe it'll be good idk prolly not tbh. Fuckery boards probably just means sawed off faygo cans, whoop whoop

DwBWA46XcAAiHgf.jpg

This is gonna be gooooooooooood. Expecting some wild, innovative shit but we'll see

DwV5-gIXgAAXg_v.jpg

Not familiar with Orin but the spirit of Ozzfest is alive with G-Raver. Light tubes and tattoo needles

DwWvlFFXQAASsQ9.jpg

I think this will probably be one of the best on the card. Both of these dudes are stupid as fuck. Dumbass crack frankenstein gonna light himself on fire hopefully

DwQLIMZW0AAh2DZ.jpg

Mirror match? This might be a 5 minute disappointing match. Tremont/Ryan on the last show was weird but it didn't help the roll-up finish was botched. Whatchu got Tremont? Let's see some stupid shit

Dv8vz_3X4AAZMXq.jpg

This is gonna be fun. Definitely not expecting a deathmatch but some hot hardcore stuff and some fun character bits

KYLE THE BEAST (ugh), Tony Deppen and a few others are without a match so I'm expecting them to be thrown in one multiman but we'll see what happens

Joey Janela's gonna be there doing something stupid who knows, maybe we'll get a Spring Break announcement?

Their previous Chicago shows had an awesome vibe due to venue, this time they're running a dumbass park district gym. The vibe suffers but at least they're able to bring the goods.

Prazak is gonna be on commentary again, Joey probably will be too?

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprised Dave has Naito/Jericho over Okada/White. I enjoyed the Jericho match and have no issue with the brawler style he's working. I just think Okada/White damn near stole the show.

Obviously neither were as good as Kenny/Tana.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, this got me good.

Lars vs. Cena for WM

But Lars is having some anxiety issues
Shame Lars outed himself as something of a poo head as of late, because I can relate to anxiety.
But less so the other stuff.

Cena vs Lars is such a Cena match.

That's my line for watching 2019 slogtacular Jericho sure.

Give me midcard lackey making quips about the list any day.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Brian_FETO thanks for the summary of 400 Degreez. Anyone on here gonna stream it? Let's exchange codes and watch that shit for free.

k6lq7py

hit that up in the fite.tv app. I think it gives you a $15 credit? I'm new to this.

I agree about that Colon match potentially stealing the show. That dude is just hungry and definitely has his sights set on Japan.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Heading over shortly from work to the surprisingly stacked Rev Pro Guildford show within walking distance of my home

• Great O-Kharn vs. MK McKinnan
  • Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs. Hunter Brothers (Jim & Lee Hunter) (RPW British Tag Team Championship #1 Contender's Match)
  • Chris Ridgeway vs. "Switchblade" Jay White
  • Chris Brookes vs. Will Ospreay
  • Shigehiro Irie vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (RPW British Heavyweight Championship)
  • Yuu vs. Zoe Lucas (c) (RPW British Women's Championship)
  • David Starr (c) vs. Kip Sabian (RPW British Cruiserweight Championship)

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Brian_FETO thanks for the summary of 400 Degreez. Anyone on here gonna stream it? Let's exchange codes and watch that shit for free.

k6lq7py

hit that up in the fite.tv app. I think it gives you a $15 credit? I'm new to this.

I agree about that Colon match potentially stealing the show. That dude is just hungry and definitely has his sights set on Japan.
Someone uses your code to sign up for fite for the first time and you both get $15 credit. They might have to order the ppv for you to get it, idk

Oct 25, 2017
Heading over shortly from work to the surprisingly stacked Rev Pro Guildford show within walking distance of my home

• Great O-Kharn vs. MK McKinnan
  • Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs. Hunter Brothers (Jim & Lee Hunter) (RPW British Tag Team Championship #1 Contender's Match)
  • Chris Ridgeway vs. "Switchblade" Jay White
  • Chris Brookes vs. Will Ospreay
  • Shigehiro Irie vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (RPW British Heavyweight Championship)
  • Yuu vs. Zoe Lucas (c) (RPW British Women's Championship)
  • David Starr (c) vs. Kip Sabian (RPW British Cruiserweight Championship)

Was really tempted to go as the card looked great and the venue really neat. The new year, new me is trying to cut down on shows though and the Southampton one next month looks like their last.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hey folks GCW's next Chicago show is tomorrow live on the Fite.TV network, gross ultraviolence for your consideration this fine january weekend

DwBV-AtW0AgYTJp.jpg

Gage is hurt. Could this be the one? I hope not. Eric Ryan looks like a metalcore drummer, idk that's all I got MDK

DwBV8N0WkAECXbB.jpg

FREEDOMS import with a hungry dude that can go the distance. Expecting this to be the best on the show

DwBV_r3X4AEqhBj.jpg

This is gonna be bad but maybe it'll be good idk prolly not tbh. Fuckery boards probably just means sawed off faygo cans, whoop whoop

DwBWA46XcAAiHgf.jpg

This is gonna be gooooooooooood. Expecting some wild, innovative shit but we'll see

DwV5-gIXgAAXg_v.jpg

Not familiar with Orin but the spirit of Ozzfest is alive with G-Raver. Light tubes and tattoo needles

DwWvlFFXQAASsQ9.jpg

I think this will probably be one of the best on the card. Both of these dudes are stupid as fuck. Dumbass crack frankenstein gonna light himself on fire hopefully

DwQLIMZW0AAh2DZ.jpg

Mirror match? This might be a 5 minute disappointing match. Tremont/Ryan on the last show was weird but it didn't help the roll-up finish was botched. Whatchu got Tremont? Let's see some stupid shit

Dv8vz_3X4AAZMXq.jpg

This is gonna be fun. Definitely not expecting a deathmatch but some hot hardcore stuff and some fun character bits

KYLE THE BEAST (ugh), Tony Deppen and a few others are without a match so I'm expecting them to be thrown in one multiman but we'll see what happens

Joey Janela's gonna be there doing something stupid who knows, maybe we'll get a Spring Break announcement?

Their previous Chicago shows had an awesome vibe due to venue, this time they're running a dumbass park district gym. The vibe suffers but at least they're able to bring the goods.

Prazak is gonna be on commentary again, Joey probably will be too?

Gonna make this the first non-Janela GCW show I'll watch.

Not going to stay / get up for it though, watching it once I wake up on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.