• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great O-Kharn vs. MK McKinnan

Expecting this to be a good one, if their match in Chelmsford is anything to go by - MK's the first dude I've seen willing to properly throw strikes with Oka, and as a result has got some of the best reactions out of him on his excursion so far (except that one bizarro world match in Brixton where Rishi Gosh managed to draw some crazy sympathy from the crowd).

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Expecting this to be a good one, if their match in Chelmsford is anything to go by - MK's the first dude I've seen willing to properly throw strikes with Oka, and as a result has got some of the best reactions out of him on his excursion so far (except that one bizarro world match in Brixton where Rishi Gosh managed to draw some crazy sympathy from the crowd).
I saw the photo of Oka bust wide open the other day and was shocked I didn't see it at the time. On the MK bandwagon now and hoping this gives me something OKharn related to sink my teeth into that isn't Gideon Grey

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hear Big Andy Q's accused Kay Lee Ray of faking an injury to get out of doing the Cockpit shows this past week. She also couldn't compete at the last set of EVE shows due to needing time off to recuperate, iirc.

Also, Rishi Gosh has started his own training school and apparently nicked all the RPW school's students? lol.

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Good. Stay where I don't have to see you.

Remember Dolph Ziggler: Internet Darling? Seems like *such* a long time ago that anyone had anything decent to say about him.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna make this the first non-Janela GCW show I'll watch.

Not going to stay / get up for it though, watching it once I wake up on Sunday.
In theory the lineup is stacked, we'll see if it delivers. It's funny how they're a Jersey based deathmatch promotion but lately it seems like they run their craziest deathmatch stuff here (since I don't think glass is even allowed at their new venue the House Of Independents). The Kasai show and Tournament Of Survival being the exceptions obviously

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
I hear Big Andy Q's accused Kay Lee Ray of faking an injury to get out of doing the Cockpit shows this past week. She also couldn't compete at the last set of EVE shows due to needing time off to recuperate, iirc.

Also, Rishi Gosh has started his own training school and apparently nicked all the RPW school's students? lol.
LMAO

Rev Pro really sucks sometimes

The Rev Pro school has just been churning out talent, who wouldn't benefit from Andy Simmons talking bollocks

And KLR hasn't worked anywhere since December

Not the worst accusation I've seen thrown at a female wrestler on Twitter in the last 24 hours

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is Nick Gage actually a good wrestler or is he just pretty much known for having fun hardcore/death matches?

Never actually seen him in action but he's mentioned a lot around here.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
In theory the lineup is stacked, we'll see if it delivers. It's funny how they're a Jersey based deathmatch promotion but lately it seems like they run their craziest deathmatch stuff here (since I don't think glass is even allowed at their new venue the House Of Independents). The Kasai show and Tournament Of Survival being the exceptions obviously

Fewer places in Jersey are letting them use glass. Probably gonna see more deathmatch stuff happening in Chicago. No idea how they're managing Kasai in Atlantic City, but I did hear they're OK with glass.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Is Nick Gage actually a good wrestler or is he just pretty much known for having hardcore/death matches?

Never actually seen him in action but he's mentioned a lot around here.

First thing you need to acknowledge is that you can both be a good wrestler and have deathmatches. See Takeda/Kodaka from last year for a good example.

Gage is the fucking god because people want to believe he is.

He's good enough.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Fewer places in Jersey are letting them use glass. Probably gonna see more deathmatch stuff happening in Chicago. No idea how they're managing Kasai in Atlantic City, but I did hear they're OK with glass.
Hilarious too because Showboat looks nice as fuck.

Curious what happens with the Collective. They keep teasing an explosion match for Onita, would love to see it happen (and obviously it's all carny smoke and mirrors but who the fuck knows)

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Youtube recommended me a vid of Xavier and Breeze continuing a run of GM mode from smackdown vs Raw 2006.
So now I'm watching Woods sing the slow chemical kane theme having just poached him from Prince Pretty's Raw, and he went over Orton, best timeline.

GM mode was one of those things that oddly got worse by them trying to add to it.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious too because Showboat looks nice as fuck.

Curious what happens with the Collective. They keep teasing an explosion match for Onita, would love to see it happen (and obviously it's all carny smoke and mirrors but who the fuck knows)

GCW reserved a block of rooms for people to book like a fucking wedding lol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking shocked at that Bucks deal. AJ money and an opt-out if they don't like the booking? That's insane. I do wonder if Nick + Matt had a say in where the opt-out period was going to be in the deal (12-18 months in?)

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
DwpowhxUYAA1ZFP.jpg:large

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
exposing my hypocrisy about twitter drama but I'm having a hearty chuckle at this Allan Cheapshot (cretin) vs VOW back and forth.

see above for deets

lucas_hood

Mar 20, 2018
Hey folks GCW's next Chicago show is tomorrow live on the Fite.TV network, gross ultraviolence for your consideration this fine january weekend

DwBV-AtW0AgYTJp.jpg

Gage is hurt. Could this be the one? I hope not. Eric Ryan looks like a metalcore drummer, idk that's all I got MDK

DwBV8N0WkAECXbB.jpg

FREEDOMS import with a hungry dude that can go the distance. Expecting this to be the best on the show

DwBV_r3X4AEqhBj.jpg

This is gonna be bad but maybe it'll be good idk prolly not tbh. Fuckery boards probably just means sawed off faygo cans, whoop whoop

DwBWA46XcAAiHgf.jpg

This is gonna be gooooooooooood. Expecting some wild, innovative shit but we'll see

DwV5-gIXgAAXg_v.jpg

Not familiar with Orin but the spirit of Ozzfest is alive with G-Raver. Light tubes and tattoo needles

DwWvlFFXQAASsQ9.jpg

I think this will probably be one of the best on the card. Both of these dudes are stupid as fuck. Dumbass crack frankenstein gonna light himself on fire hopefully

DwQLIMZW0AAh2DZ.jpg

Mirror match? This might be a 5 minute disappointing match. Tremont/Ryan on the last show was weird but it didn't help the roll-up finish was botched. Whatchu got Tremont? Let's see some stupid shit

Dv8vz_3X4AAZMXq.jpg

This is gonna be fun. Definitely not expecting a deathmatch but some hot hardcore stuff and some fun character bits

KYLE THE BEAST (ugh), Tony Deppen and a few others are without a match so I'm expecting them to be thrown in one multiman but we'll see what happens

Joey Janela's gonna be there doing something stupid who knows, maybe we'll get a Spring Break announcement?

Their previous Chicago shows had an awesome vibe due to venue, this time they're running a dumbass park district gym. The vibe suffers but at least they're able to bring the goods.

Prazak is gonna be on commentary again, Joey probably will be too?

[/QUOTE. Have fun ! MDK. No god only shlak .

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i see enough of this "they're paying you to praise this thing" bullshit in the marvel threads

fuckin marks shooting themselves into a work when they know it's a shoot

Deleted member 290

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me the big takeaway from the Monday Night Wars wasn't that Vince won, it was that it took him soooooo fuckin long to figure out a response. He didn't grasp how WCW was consistently managing to dunk on him, because he couldn't imagine a world where Vince's way of doing things wasn't the right way. So yeah, he's worried about any and all competition. Not because he couldn't ultimately crush any challengers, because he can and will, but because he doesn't want to give anyone the opportunity again, and won't.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine just sent me a pic of himself and Jay White at the rev pro event tonight, White's backstage gear has him looking like a Mafioso.
I kinda like that look better, plus then you can apply Switchblade to him like a henchman nickname.

Of course you'll just have to imagine it

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I just played that RE2 demo and forgot how disgustingly loud the PS4 can get. What a piece of shit. Completely killed the mood.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
For me the big takeaway from the Monday Night Wars wasn't that Vince won, it was that it took him soooooo fuckin long to figure out a response. He didn't grasp how WCW was consistently managing to dunk on him, because he couldn't imagine a world where Vince's way of doing things wasn't the right way. So yeah, he's worried about any and all competition. Not because he couldn't ultimately crush any challengers, because he can and will, but because he doesn't want to give anyone the opportunity again, and won't.

In many ways, they were still dragged kicking and screaming into making Stone Cold the top guy

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Selling my EU launch PS3 is one of my biggest regrets

There's so many PS2 games I'd like to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.