• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
People are getting called shills for having a focus on AEW lately?

Its the hottest story in wrestling now. Of course they're going to be all over it.

Oct 25, 2017
I hear Big Andy Q's accused Kay Lee Ray of faking an injury to get out of doing the Cockpit shows this past week. She also couldn't compete at the last set of EVE shows due to needing time off to recuperate, iirc.

Also, Rishi Gosh has started his own training school and apparently nicked all the RPW school's students? lol.

Looked into it a bit more...

Amazingly Rishi brother is the vice chair for Portsmouth Labour. That's really cool.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
The idea that a dispassionate person would run the wrestling business the best is...well, frankly...stupid. You have to be willing to be open to other POVs that aren't your own, but being completely disinterested in wrestling seems like a good way to make a soulless product. SOMEONE you hire is going to have to be passionate about the business you're in.

When you don't do that you wind up with the way the DCEU was handled up to Justice League.

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
honestly. I turned it off after like 10 minutes even though I was enjoying the actual game. The system was screaming for a solid minute after I turned it off, too.

The only game that this has ever happened to me with was Spider-Man. There were legit moments when I thought my system was going to die.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that a dispassionate person would run the wrestling business the best is...well, frankly...stupid. You have to be willing to be open to other POVs that aren't your own, but being completely disinterested in wrestling seems like a good way to make a soulless product. SOMEONE you hire is going to have to be passionate about the business you're in.

When you don't do that you wind up with the way the DCEU was handled up to Justice League.

Yeah, a cold-blooded business person running the show is only a good thing if they fully trust a creative type and leave them to handle everything.

Having a "fan" run things can be bad for obvious reasons if they're biased toward friends or if they just have really shitty taste. But someone's got to have an understanding of what works and how to do serialized storytelling.

It's way too early to know how Tony Khan's influence will affect everything. But hey, we know he shit on a Cody match once so he can't be all bad.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, a cold-blooded business person running the show is only a good thing if they fully trust a creative type and leave them to handle everything.

Having a "fan" run things can be bad for obvious reasons if they're biased toward friends or if they just have really shitty taste. But someone's got to have an understanding of what works and how to do serialized storytelling.

It's way too early to know how Tony Khan's influence will affect everything. But hey, we know he shit on a Cody match once so he can't be all bad.

Yeah, at some point you're going to have to put the product in the hands of someone who cares about things. It can't be "Well, the workers care" and the bosses don't give a shit That's not the move.

Ospreay out

That's another week of elevated in my brain

Time to go play the theme again.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With most of CMLL stars in Japan, tonight shows looks bad:

viernes-49.jpg

Such a bad card and Hechicero is nowhere to be found. Looks like CMLL is going to continue under-utilizing him in 2019.

But do not worry, 3-2-1 Battle! is here to save the night with some SOLID action to start the year:

The Hall sisters face the indies of indie gimmick on the indies:

And Makabe wants to teach the Big Cat a lesson:

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Nick Gage actually a good wrestler or is he just pretty much known for having fun hardcore/death matches?

Never actually seen him in action but he's mentioned a lot around here.
Nick Gage isn't going to have any 7* masterpieces. However, his matches are memorable.

For example, I still think about the promo he had about appearing at Style Battle last January:

And then the match he had against WALTER:
DS-QYWwW4AA1MX4.jpg

It wasn't a great match, but it had an intensity and rawness that a lot of technically better matches last year had. And that's the appeal of Nick Gage. Ask anyone about any other Style Battle match or show, and the only other thing that people might be able to name is the show that was held in an outdoor apartment complex under some palm trees.

Flammable D

Oct 30, 2017
Crowd is not huge, lot of empty seats in the stalls, but it's a big theatre, and they can be rowdy when they want to be. Ospreay walked out to the merch stand and got a huge pop. Can't really complain about my "row L" stalls seats:
W9BzGhKl.jpg

I think I'm closer than the back wall of the cockpit.

Not seen any local ads or posters, that's probably something they should fix before the next show.

It's a very family show, so while mostly solid nothing I'd recommend going out of your way to catch.

Bodom and Sha Samuels vs Dan Magee and Kurtis Chapman was a big standard tag match

MK McKinnan vs Great OKharn was solid, I can see a potential in Oka at least that I couldn't see before

Yuu vs Zoe Lucas: I never want to hear anyone who watches rev pro complain about PROGRESS women's division ever again

Brookes vs Ospreay a very solid basic match, fun and engaging to watch but in no way essential

klonere

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Crowd is not huge, lot of empty seats in the stalls, but it's a big theatre, and they can be rowdy when they want to be. Ospreay walked out to the merch stand and got a huge pop. Can't really complain about my "row L" stalls seats:
W9BzGhKl.jpg

Not seen any local ads or posters, that's probably something they should fix before the next show.

It's a very family show, so while mostly solid nothing I'd recommend going out of your way to catch.

Bodom and Sha Samuels vs Dan Magee and Kurtis Chapman was a big standard tag match

MK McKinnan vs Great OKharn was solid, I can see a potential in Oka at least that I couldn't see before

Yuu vs Zoe Lucas: I never want to hear anyone who watches rev pro complain about PROGRESS women's division ever again

Brookes vs Ospreay a very solid basic match, fun and engaging to watch but in no way essential

jaysus that's some old geezer in the front there

good to see tbh

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
W9BzGhKl.jpg

Urgh, I hate that Yuu's matches in RevPro all seem to have been disappointing but she seems to have had a great match in Ospreay's promotion at least.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport has:

Frank Mir
Josh Barnett
Jonathan Gresham
Timothy Thatcher
Tom Lawlor
Hideki Suzuki

tenor.gif

Now, we need some freak shows like Nick Gage to show up. I'd love to see Gage face any of these guys.

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Urgh, I hate that Yuu's matches in RevPro all seem to have been disappointing but she seems to have had a great match in Ospreay's promotion at least.

RevPro and Progress book the worst womens matches in the UK. I have seen random local UK indies book better ones.

So, Josh Barnett's Bloodsport has:

Frank Mir
Josh Barnett
Jonathan Gresham
Timothy Thatcher
Tom Lawlor
Hideki Suzuki

tenor.gif

Now, we need some freak shows like Nick Gage to show up. I'd love to see Gage face any of these guys.

Please no. His match against Thatcher last year was awful. Poor Thatcher had to tap to Gage.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
VIC, AUSTRALIA
Chris Jericho's making his case to be the modern day Terry Funk or Misawa. Brother went to NJPW and found himself again, now he's putting on 5-star clinics again instead of screaming rooty tooty booty on 205 Live or some shit.

Mock him if you want, but his legacy has skyrocketed without WWE.
Hard to believe after his 'List' run with Owens which had great character work but slow, boring matches where I thought he was beyond keeping up with current wrestlers. His AEW run could make his career even more impressive.

I did sit down and watch the "Botch Club" episode with Gallows and Anderson and I liked it more than botchamania, tbh.
Gotta say, in a line of hot takes this is definitely your hottest IMO.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone remember what Braden Harrington said about Tessa Blanchard on this week's upNXT?

Status
Not open for further replies.