• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
Yrike7q.gif

qiA1QTj.gif

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Also that lack of Jumbo representation is disheartening

pk79Ti7.jpg

Awards are cool but I feel like big promotions like Ice Ribbon or Actwres and smaller ones like Marvelous or WAVE should get some representation in the yearly joshi OT.

(Also Arisa shouldn't even be up for most improved given she wasn't even wrestling last yeah and everybody other than refined joshi critics loved her from the moment she came back!)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also that lack of Jumbo representation is disheartening

pk79Ti7.jpg

Awards are cool but I feel like big promotions like Ice Ribbon or Actwres and smaller ones like Marvelous or WAVE should get some representation in the yearly joshi OT.

(Also Arisa shouldn't even be up for most improved given she wasn't even wrestling last yeah and everybody loved her from the moment she came back!)

Can't cover everything all the time, unfortunately. No matter what the format something will always be left off. If I do it all myself then it turns into what I know and what I don't. If I do awards and let the community speak it's obviously going to represent less of the smaller stuff. Trying to do both would be an even more ridiculous undertaking. Which I might do in the future, but it's just a lot.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
The only joshi I watch is Stardom and the occasional TJPW, so my voting is heavily biased.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Can't cover everything all the time, unfortunately. No matter what the format something will always be left off. If I do it all myself then it turns into what I know and what I don't. If I do awards and let the community speak it's obviously going to represent less of the smaller stuff. Trying to do both would be an even more ridiculous undertaking. Which I might do in the future, but it's just a lot.

No worries! I really appreciate all the effort you put into it.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
No worries! I really appreciate all the effort you put into it.

Thanks. That's the main reason why I broke down the top three as opposed to just the winners, because I wanted to represent as much of the scene as I could. But also I want this OT every year to be a window and gateway for people less into joshi to get into it and have an overview of the scene so I don't want to go information overload from the jump, you know? It's a weird balancing act.

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Arisa Nakajima vs. Nanae Takahashi was so low

It was my #1 by just a slight margin, but I figured not enough people would have seen it so I voted strategically for Tam/Arisa, which I loved just as much.

I find it pretty wild that Arisa managed to win almost every award but not a single person nominated her for Joshi of the Year

Yeah, it is kind of weird especially with the Stardom slant in the final voting. I mean, Jungle made it and finished 2nd. As great as she is (and I like her more than Arisa), her personal accomplishments were dwarfed by what Arisa did last year. I think there's a good chance she would have stolen that spot from Kyona if someone actually nominated her. Personally, I limited myself to 3 spots for everything (5 for matches) and those went to Sareee, ASUKA, and Maya Yukihi.

(Also Arisa shouldn't even be up for most improved given she wasn't even wrestling last yeah and everybody other than refined joshi critics loved her from the moment she came back!)

She had 4 matches! But yeah, you're probably right.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Another match added to Takeover Portland

Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai in a Street Fight

super happy they are getting a Takeover spot

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Goddamn, Mox and Okada looked like 100 millions yens during their entrance. Two superstars. God bless.

The Japanese announce team marked out when they slid into the ring, one of the mics almost exploded.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
AyESFjA.gif

Moxley vs Kenny was great but this is probably still my favorite Mox match in AEW.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, Darby matches are made of gold.

Stop jobbing that boy out and start racking up those wins.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, Darby matches are made of gold.

Stop jobbing that boy out and start racking up those wins.

Darby's character is that he's mostly a loser

If he starts winning a bunch then that betrays the whole thing. He should only really go on a streak when it's gonna be the time they go all the way with him and you have to be careful not to burn that too early.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

If he starts winning a bunch then that betrays the whole thing. He should only really go on a streak when it's gonna be the time they go all the way with him and you have to be careful not to burn that too early.
The thing is though, he needs to get wins in between all those big losses one after another otherwise he'll start to come across as kind of a jobber.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is though, he needs to get wins in between all those big losses one after another otherwise he'll start to come across as kind of a jobber.

As of this past week he's 6-6 overall. Which is perfect. He should hover around a completely average record until he goes on his run.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I wish Matt Riddle went to New Japan instead of NXT

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's kind of lame character. Who wants to tear for a loser. That's like being a browns fan who wants to do that

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how many non wrestling fans I see on Twitter still talking about Naomi's royal rumble entrance. I thought we were going to get Sasha Vs Bayley at WM. But I wonder if they are going to end up putting Naomi in that spot.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how many non wrestling fans I see on Twitter still talking about Naomi's royal rumble entrance. I thought we were going to get Sasha Vs Bayley at WM. But I wonder if they are going to end up putting Naomi in that spot.
Becuase she had a good entrance?

Sadly, yeah...that sounds like something WWE would do.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Becuase she had a good entrance?

Sadly, yeah...that sounds like something WWE would do.

Look at that Smackdown women's roster and consider that Sasha is hurt.

Naomi is as good a choice as any and has the crowd behind her at the moment. She is far from the worst choice they can make.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
if Kelly gets free of not being used in NXT UK only to sign up for the shitty AEW Women's Division, that'll be a choice
I get what you're saying but if they can't get better talent, the division won't get better.

AEW will book good matches but most of their womens talent right now are green or terrible with a few good standouts like Kris and Shida.

Status
Not open for further replies.