• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
qopBl1k.png

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
GCW quote tweeted my post about GIFs/Fite and DMed me to say that things will change about how Fite treats GIFs. It seems public pressure is causing some of Fite's biggest revenue generators to act on customer outcry.

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
Watching AEW somebody teach Riho to suplex bigger opponents

Actually disappointed they did Nyla post match during the picture in picture. Looked interesting.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
It's great that lovebirds Adam Cole and Britt Baker both took their gimmicks from WCW Jericho

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I peeked NXT UK for the first time in like six months to see Valkyrie's debut today. She came off super well and they seem to be pushing her really hard. Happy to see it.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
- wanting to see that match

- not wanting to watch a Joey Ryan show

I sit here conflicted

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like I've seen enough Itoh/Miyu matches. Would rather them work with someone outside their normal orbit Mania weekend.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Hopefully the AEW ratings were only down because of All Stars Survivor because it deserved better. I wonder if Cobb vs Mox and the cage match will bump the ratings next week.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
From the Observer newsletter:

AEW: There is interest in Aramis

NJPW: New Japan will promote its biggest event for the remainder of 2020, Wrestle Dynasty, on 8/22 in Madison Square Garden. The show will take place on the same weekend as SummerSlam, which will take place the next day in Boston. But it will go head-to-head with the NXT Takeover show in Boston. It also comes two weeks before All Out 2 in Chicago.

The idea is that New Japan will present a card equivalent to a WrestleKingdom. That would seem to mean an IWGP title match involving Tetsuya Naito, Kazuchika Okada, Kota Ibushi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jay White or Will Ospreay would be put on top. Because G-1 is being moved to the fall due to the Olympics, it would be the last major event before G-1, and follow Dominion, which takes place 6/16 in Osaka.

As things stand right now, neither Jon Moxley or Chris Jericho would be allowed to appear on the show as their AEW deal only allows for them to work for New Japan in Japan.

It's notable that after all the pressure coming from the WWE side, that in the end, Madison Square Garden gave them this date. New Japan had planned on announcing this show on 1/5 at the Tokyo Dome, but it wasn't finalized until recently for the obvious issues.

AAA: There is an interesting thing going on regarding some of the talent like Taurus, El Hijo del Vikingo, Laredo Kid and others. AAA right now has business relationships with AEW, Impact and MLW. That in and of itself is difficult because MLW realizes it has no leverage and doesn't insist on exclusivity, Impact doesn't really want them dealing MLW but knows they can't try and push them not to deal with AEW. AEW hasn't forced them not to deal with anyone else but at times has muscled them regarding Impact guys on their shows that AEW would be on. Impact did for a time push for them not to use Killer Kross when he was under contract to them but they were at the impasse. Anyway, AAA wants the guys who are great workers to sign a U.S. deal but their own stability. Impact, AEW and MLW all run very few dates, so if they sign with those groups, AAA can still use them on pretty much all their TV tapings, maybe every now and then there's a conflict but usually not. But what it does is solidify their guys being in the U.S., which is now the goal for a lot of the younger talent and where there is more money, but keeps them from going to WWE, which will sign anyone with talent to stockpile, but if they do, then AAA can't use them anymore. For obvious reasons, AEW has the edge and priority, but AEW isn't in the mode of signing everyone with talent. They've slowed down on new people because they don't have enough TV to feature all the guys they have. So they aren't rushing to sign new guys, even Vikingo. MLW and Impact have interest in signing those guys

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Out of all the shows right now, Bloodsport, Big Gay Brunch, and JJSB are definitely shows I'm going to.

Still trying to figure out the rest, and whether or not I want to suffer through Wrestlemania.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Lemme tell you right now Beef, as the thread's Bayley mark I'm gonna tell ya...

that I have no idea what her gimmick is now either, digruntled Bayley? not-face Bayley? suddenly serious like Jack Swagger as WHC Bayley?
trapped fighting a shitty smackdown roster Bayley?
Her gimmick is she's pissed off and not going to take it anymore. I like punished Bayley. Too bad her feuds have mostly been forgettable

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the shows right now, Bloodsport, Big Gay Brunch, and JJSB are definitely shows I'm going to.

Still trying to figure out the rest, and whether or not I want to suffer through Wrestlemania.
Can't go wrong with majority of the shows at Collective/Wrestlecon.

I have tix to Bloodsport, TJPW, JJSB, Big Gay Brunch and FREEDOMS atm. AIW and BLP are locks, just holding off buying GA just in case (they aren't gonna sell out, may as well hold off on spending all the money at once.......)

There's some other cool stuff during the days like Pizza Party but I may end up just skipping it. All of that stuff will be a very last minute decision

I like going to a bunch of shows, right now the "good choices" seem obvious but nothing is worse than having a full schedule of tickets and then having stuff you'd rather see announced

I was planning on skipping Effy's Brunch to go to Pancakes and Piledrivers (a show i have no interest in) solely to see Dickinson vs. SHINGO but the announcement of ASUKA was an instant buy

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Can't go wrong with majority of the shows at Collective/Wrestlecon.

I have tix to Bloodsport, TJPW, JJSB, Big Gay Brunch and FREEDOMS atm. AIW and BLP are locks, just holding off buying GA just in case (they aren't gonna sell out, may as well hold off on spending all the money at once.......)

There's some other cool stuff during the days like Pizza Party but I may end up just skipping it. All of that stuff will be a very last minute decision

I like going to a bunch of shows, right now the "good choices" seem obvious but nothing is worse than having a full schedule of tickets and then having stuff you'd rather see announced

I was planning on skipping Effy's Brunch to go to Pancakes and Piledrivers (a show i have no interest in) solely to see Dickinson vs. SHINGO but the announcement of ASUKA was an instant buy

Fuck, I forgot Dickinson/SHINGO was at the same time.

I have collective tickets so I'm probably going to hit up all those shows.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Good week for women's wrestling on tv. Asuka/Becky for 4 stars and Riho/Nyla got 4.25.
Both matches were great.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Meltzer confirms the Bellas and Liger are planned for the WWE HOF this year

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad they'll have an excuse to finally use that actually great knock-off Liger theme they made for his one match

Status
Not open for further replies.