• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
So they pointlessly put the title on Goldberg for a match that doesn't need it because
1. They somehow think Goldberg as champ (again) will pop attitude era fans, as opposed to just Goldberg being promoted in general
2. So Roman can be coronated for the 58th time
And they both get boo'd.

Meanwhile, Bray and Cena have people excited, and having the title on that match would actually mean something since it would add the dimension of Cena trying to break Flair's record.

Modern Wrestlemania season booking alright.

Oct 25, 2017
Bad decisions were made

1PAiTuL.jpg

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
So they pointlessly put the title on Goldberg for a match that doesn't need it because
1. They somehow think Goldberg as champ (again) will pop attitude era fans, as opposed to just Goldberg being promoted in general
2. So Roman can be coronated for the 58th time
And they both get boo'd.

Meanwhile, Bray and Cena have people excited, and having the title on that match would actually mean something since it would add the dimension of Cena trying to break Flair's record.

Modern Wrestlemania season booking alright.

It makes sense when you look at it from Vince's perspective. Everything comes down to getting Roman over as the top guy. 6 years of failure hasn't stifled his belief in him.

Hope they got their mute button ready for the Roman-Goldberg match. Gonna be a funny end to the 6 hour show.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Vince is so weird
He really think Fiend vs Cena title match really not bigger than Roman vs Goldberg?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
It makes sense when you look at it from Vince's perspective. Everything comes down to getting Roman over as the top guy. 6 years of failure hasn't stifled his belief in him.

Hope they got their mute button ready for the Roman-Goldberg match. Gonna be a funny end to the 6 hour show.
He's just got to have that perfect "Roman is the new champ and the people love him!" WM moment that he's had a massive hard on for years.

He thinks thats the thing thats going to get Roman over as a main eventer and he'll finally become a superstar. Its his white whale.

ITS THE ONLY PUZZLE PIECE THATS MISSING GODDAMMIT!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The alternative to Roman vs. Goldberg for the title was never gonna be Cena vs. Wyatt for the title.

It would have been Roman vs. Wyatt. Because Roman was winning the title at WM no matter who the champion was.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
[Notice of suspension of activity]
"WRESTLE-1" will be closed indefinitely at the end of the Korakuen Hall competition in Tokyo on April 1, 2020 (Wednesday).
We apologize for all the fans, the people who supported the organization and the players, the people involved, and the sudden reports.

Add Mutoh to the list

Oct 25, 2017
The alternative to Roman vs. Goldberg for the title was never gonna be Cena vs. Wyatt for the title.

It would have been Roman vs. Wyatt. Because Roman was winning the title at WM no matter who the champion was.

Roman/Wyatt would of sucked, but I think it would of been received better. I'm pretty sure the crowd is just going to shit on Roman/Goldberg

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Roman/Wyatt would of sucked, but I think it would of been received better. I'm pretty sure the crowd is just going to shit on Roman/Goldberg

The positive about Roman/Goldberg is that it will be a disaster contained to a match likely under 6 minutes.

The Wyatt match would have been longer and much more torturous.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Really? Because I found that tweet kinda tasteless even if MJF is just working everyone. It doesn't make me dislike him more as a heel. It just makes me dislike him as an actual human being for having to resort to that.

Looks like we got our first casualty in NXT Japan taking over the entire Japanese wrestling scene

I don't think Wrestle-1 was long for this world even if NXT Japan was a thing right now. The buzz surrounding them had died off completely. I can't even remember the last time anything noteworthy came out of W-1.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Really? Because I found that tweet kinda tasteless even if MJF is just working everyone. It doesn't make me dislike him more as a heel. It just makes me dislike him as an actual human being for having to resort to that.
I more laughed at the fact I found it unbelievable than anything else, I just wouldn't expect that sort of tweet from someone in the public eye 😂

Oct 8, 2019
I don't think Wrestle-1 was long for this world even if NXT Japan was a thing right now. The buzz surrounding them had died off completely. I can't even remember the last time anything noteworthy came out of W-1.

I was joking, unless Mutoh is going to work for WWE, I don't think WWE trying to get a permanent foothold in Japan is going to cause any promotion to close (unless Sendai closes to become NXT Japan) since I doubt WWE will have much success outside of like 100 people an event.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I know MJF is supposed to be a heel on twitter, but most of his tweets just make him look like an asshole.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
I find it kinda disgusting that the people under the tweet congratulating his supposed "work" reply over the poor little kid.
edited that one part, I was angry, sorry

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
It is absolutely fucked that they've managed to put him in this position AGAIN, especially after all the shit he's gone through
Eh, it's a self fulfilling prophecy at this point, if not always. I remember at Raw After Mania last year seeing a sign asking "Is It Okay To Boo Roman Again?" Popped up on the big screen and the crowd responded with an awkward mix of boos and approved mumbles.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Why does the murder clown want to fight neon green hat man?
Murder clown wishes to remain relevant after losing belt with own face to old man spear giver.
Merch sales keep funhouse puppets rolling in green.
Picture frames for wall with xs on eyes don't buy themselves.

Calling out neon green hat man keeps murder clown in spotlight.
Makes neon green hat man out for liar after he said mania was for understudies in catering.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Turns out I won't have to worry friend Lapsed. My company has cancelled all non-essential travel because of Coronavirus. No Vegas convention for me. Was planning on going up a day early to the FSW show too.

Ah well, at least the risk isn't there!

My folks are supposed to be going to the Maldives in a few weeks. They are in their 60s but are quite healthy, I think I would be more worried about weeks/months of being stuck in potential quarantine situations than the virus itself. I kinda hope they decide not to go at this point.

We were thinking about spending a few weeks or so traveling Japan and South Korea in June or August. Nothing has been booked yet, guess we will have to play it by ear for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.