• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Three suspects have been identified in the murder of Joshua Brown, a key witness in the murder trial of former Dallas police officer Amber Guyger.

Jacquerious Mitchell, 20; Michael Mitchell, 32; and Thaddeous Green, 22, traveled from Alexandria, Louisiana, to purchase drugs from Brown in the parking lot of a Dallas apartment complex, according to authorities.

Jacquerious Mitchell is in custody at a hospital and the other two suspects are being sought, Dallas Assistant Police Chief Avery Moore said at a news conference Tuesday. The two fugitives are believed to be armed and dangerous, he said.

Jacquerious Mitchell told police Green got into a physical altercation with Brown and that Green shot Brown twice in the lower body, Moore said.

Brown then allegedly shot Jacquerious Mitchell in his chest. Jacquerious Mitchell fell back into a car and said he heard two gunshots, Moore said. Green took Brown's backpack and the gun used to shoot Jacquerious Mitchell and the three suspects fled the scene, Moore said.

The suspects dropped Jacquerious Mitchell off at a hospital, the assistant police chief said, adding that warrants will be executed for the two other suspects.

Michael Mitchell is the suspected getaway driver.

Police confiscated 12 pounds of marijuana, 149 grams of THC cartridges and $4,157 in cash from Brown's apartment, Moore said.

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson asked the public in a tweet over the weekend to "refrain from speculation" about Brown's shooting.

Police emphasized at Tuesday's news conference that Brown's killing was not related to his testimony in Guyger's case.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Police emphasized at Tuesday's news conference that Brown's killing was not related to his testimony in Guyger's case.
giphy.gif

He was set to testify against the Dallas PD in like a week or something, too.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of details. Weird how distrustful I am of them right now huh

But at first glance this seems to be what happened

Edit 300 miles goddamn

Mustve been good shit

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like being conspiratorial but... this smells like bullshit.

Dec 31, 2017
A little suspicious, but also I am not surprised of a drug buy going awry.

Gonna wait and see how this plays out.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
So you're telling me a big time pot dealer was perfectly comfortable testifying against a police officer in court?? Only to get gunned down soon after by a customer who crosses state lines to purchase?? And the customer is just not gonna be in the know as to who this guy is relative to this nationally renown case?

B U L L S H I T

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Testified against Guyger, was gonna testify against the Dallas PD, turns out to be a drug dealer.... seems too coincidental but idk.

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
said this in the other thread, but they drove 5 hours from Louisiana, armed to the teeth, to buy some fucking weed? i don't buy that for a second

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody is driving 300 miles to buy regular ass weed for recreational use. Unless they were in the business of actual trafficking it's absolutely unbelievable

MonoStable

Oct 27, 2017
I mean seeing as how they have names and are executing warrants I don't think they'd be able to pin these kids on some cover-up attempt. Should be easy to prove that these kids were in contact with brown to purchase drugs and they can probably pull cell phone information to place them all.

Oct 25, 2017
Also if Brown was trying to sell all that. I don't see how the police didn't know about this before or during the trial lol.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
You smell that? I do.

Smells like BULLSHIT.

There's an infinitely small chance that this happened, but.... nah. I'm not buying it.

I don't believe in coincidences and this is made up to be a big one.

Until more is revealed, I'm still on my first notion: Joshua Brown was killed by DPD.

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a fine line between healthy skepticism and conspiracy theories. This case is going to be looked at with heavy scrutiny. Is it possible that the cops are doing some sort of grand coverup that will manage to fool everyone involved in the case and lock 3 people up in jail who are not responsible for the murder? Sure! Anything is possible. Is that most likely what's happening? Probably not.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was that Mitchell guy one of the Hospital drop-offs they initially thought was unrelated?

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
"Police said"

Yeah, I don't give a fuck about what they say. FBI should've investigated the murder but I imagine it's already too late and pretty well covered up at this point. Oh well, everybody MOVE ON it's all handled!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 12 pounds of weed is insane. I could see driving 5 hours to get that big supply. Doesn't seem to be a legal way to get that shit anywhere near that region.

There's also the matter of the guy who shot him and got shot BY HIM is in custody and seemingly confessed.

It would be a really reaching conspiracy to think that he's a plant or some shit.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 12 pounds of weed is insane. I could see driving 5 hours to get that big supply. Doesn't seem to be a legal way to get that shit anywhere near that region.

There's also the matter of the guy who shot him and got shot BY HIM is in custody and seemingly confessed.

It would be a really reaching conspiracy to think that he's a plant or some shit.

Yeah.

And the fact that misdeeds by the police would be so so obvious (read: this thread and the other one) means that the conspiracy aspect doesn't seem particularly plausible at present.