• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I believe this is the second Sony published PS exclusive to come to PC, after Helldivers. They own this IP.
Fourth. Helldivers, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and Guns Up! are all on Steam.

Wacky announcement but I guess Sony has a really good relationship with Annapurna, seeing as they're mostly made up of former SSM staff and they ported Flower to iOS.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
wait a minute, is this being released for free to promote the store, like Shadow Complex Remastered initially was a few years back to promote their launcher? price reads "free" for a second before the page finishes loading

false alarm, looks like it's a bug on the store and every game is doing this. oh well, can't exactly complain, that this is coming to PC at all is a minor miracle

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
It did! I thought that store page ended up being a different game with the same name, but I could be mis-remembering... that leak was quite a while ago.

It's kinda hard to check now.
Since this is apparently published by a different publisher than the original release, i could imagine there were plans to bring it to steam at some point and then abandonded?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I hope there is cross-play between PC and PlayStation because the random co-op is awesome in this game will make the game live for a longer time.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
gonna get the fuck on this. yisss

if there's no death stranding trailer this will be my reveal of the show

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Journey appeared on the Steam database a while ago, i doubt Epic is responsible for it coming to PC, they just paid for the store exclusivity.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
4K Journey is... enticing.

And mind you: I didn't even love this game like some people.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
enjoy
this and sotc are my ps3 top games
sunset scene and apotheosis scene is legendary

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EPIC fronting this assault on Valve/Steam is kinda funny to me as they're just a few floors below them in the same building.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking of journey the other day and if I could somehow play it on PC through emulation or PSNow. All over this.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Cool to see the game coming to PC, I played the game on release on PS3 and loved it. Will pick it up eventually as I don't have my PS3 hooked up anymore.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very very excited for this. When I had a PS4, it was one of the like, 3 games I got for it. The other two were Yakuza 0 and Bloodborne.

Two out of three on the PC ain't bad.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll be adding yet another launcher to the list. I knew nothing about journey when I first played it on PS4. Played through most of it in one sitting with a random partner. It wasn't until after I turned it off that I realized it was actually another person and not just an NPC. Blew my mind.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Epic was the party that fronted the money for it to come to PC (By way of untying it from being PlayStation exclusive, that is) - Given that it's on their store.
As much as I doubt it is the case judging by how Sony is still mentioned - That would be the only third party exclusivity deal I would be okay with Epic making.

Spending money to merely fragment the PC gaming landscape and remove consumer options is never okay.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn so it's out of its exclusivity? People better buy this game and be begging for a sequel.

Kerozinn

Banned
May 11, 2018
The more people get to play it the better. Played through it countless times on ps4 and it never gets old.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Woot! Wait long enough and it seems everything converges into PC :D

Well, except for Nintendo games....

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4K Journey
giphy.gif

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Good Guy Sony, letting one of the best games ever made be put on PC. lol, I really hope people know I am joking before I get a bunch of fanboys @ me

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
If Epic is going to get developers to release console exclusives on PC, that is actually a good selling point for their store. Though they have probably peaked with this one.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
If Epic is going to get developers to release console exclusives on PC, that is actually a good selling point for their store. Though they have probably peaked with this one.
The game page on Epic Store has some Sony copyrights in the footer. Seems like Sony had to allow the PC release.

Out of left field, but what if sony and Epic have made some partnership to will extend into next generation to give them a foothold into the PC market give up less money than they would on steam