• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's an easy one for Sony with the 88 % to 12% share.

Sony isn't publishing it. TGC likely had rights to release it themselves after a certain amount of time or got permission like with Alan Wake and Microsoft.

Annapurna is, and they are also publishing a lot of the other exlcusive to epic store stuff. So Epic likely is leading the charge a bit here via that relationship.

Hope

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony isn't publishing it. TGC likely had rights to release it themselves after a certain amount of time or got permission like with Alan Wake and Microsoft.

Annapurna is, and they are also publishing a lot of the other exlcusive to epic store stuff. So Epic likely is leading the charge a bit here via that relationship.

Sony has a really good relationship with epic and Annapurna. If Sony pushs more games on pc(their smaller ones at least) then it will most likely be exclusive again.

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
Fuck yhea, The Journey is an timeless experince and like Flower and shouldn't be only tied to a dead (with its days counted) ecosystem.

Maybe they'll even bring the superior ps3 sand lacking from the ps4 version.

Nov 28, 2017
This is quite a surprise, and very clever of SONY to push some of their smaller titles they own made by indie studios, onto PC like they have done in the past with Helldivers, EGTR etc., and make whatever money they can with that "PlayStation exclusive" branding and in this instance, without breaking a sweat having Annapurna publishing it.

Wonder if this will go to iOS and Android as well...

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
i caved and played through it recently on the shit that is psnow already...

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sony still owns the game and so, will get $$$ from it.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Literally one of the best games of all time. Do we have any idea of a price and release date yet? I am so glad the people on the PC will be able to play it now.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017

Sony owns the IP. They have licensed it out to Annapurna for the PC release only.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
If this is like Flower, then it's a situation where Sony licenses out the IP to Annapurna to be published on other platforms.

Sony historically are okay with some first-party IP games not being exclusive to their platform, probably as part of whatever strategic experimentation. For example, Counterspy and Helldivers.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
hmm free games huh. I'll have to reinstall Epic's launcher.

... and remember my password.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
If this is like Flower, then it's a situation where Sony licenses out the IP to Annapurna to be published on other platforms.

Sony historically are okay with some first-party IP games not being exclusive to their platform, probably as part of whatever strategic experimentation. For example, Counterspy and Helldivers.
I wonder why they bother doing this when they can just publish the games themselves

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way that's amazing. One less reason for me to own a PS4...

The main one is I can't afford a gaming PC right now XD

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Journey is fantastic. Didn't expect a PC release! Try it if you haven't before, it's well worth your time.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
This title always looked cool but somehow i didn't care about it when it was on PS3 and later ported to PS4, i won't care now thanks to Epic Launcher.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling this will be one of those free games they will have. Seems perfect for that.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
sony is being very generous licensing their games to come to other platforms. first CTR, now this :)
i hope it comes to steam too, i'm still not sure if i want to buy games from epic's store. considering sony's other pc games are on steam i'm hopeful.

Sony still owns the game and so, will get $$$ from it.
probably not from each copy sold tho, annapurna likely paid a one-time fee to license the game from them so they can publish it.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Still the most breathtaking game I ever played. Really goes to show how an exceptional visual design makes a game borderline timeless. Journey will never look dated. I'm glad more people will be able to experience the magic :)

Deleted member 5086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool that more people can experience Journey now. It's a truly special game, easily one of my favourites from last gen.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
So cool. I think Sony is okay with their games going to PC. They've done it a lot in the past and don't consider PC a competitor.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018

Oh wow I didn't know about Helldivers

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
WTF this is big news. This is one of Sony's marquee titles, too...

Could Sony be partnering with Epic to compete in the PC space?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Good get for EPIC. If you aren't really familiar with Journey don't look it up, it's worth playing as blind as possible.