• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
With Mario Odyssey making joycon use the preferred way to play, I shelved my go to pro controller for now.

Then I was reminded of an annoying occurrence with my left joycon. If I push the stick straight up, the move a bit left or right, it'll feel like it's clicking. It's incredibly annoying, and I figured I'd see if anyone else has had this. If so, did Nintendo fix it?

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I can't say I've encountered that specific issue myself (might be too soon to tell as I just picked up a Mario Odyssey bundle Thursday night), but I have run into a different 'quality control' occurrence myself--when I flick the joystick on my right joycon in any direction, it makes an annoying metallic springy noise which the joystick on the left joycon doesn't make.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, my left joy con actually does this too, but only when I use it up and to the left. Never noticed that before.

OP
OP
Psychotron

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Happened to me. Took 5 mins to set up a repair that shipped on Nintendo's dime. They overnighted me a new joycon the night they recieved it. Sent it and got it back in less than 3 business days.

They just sent me a new one.

Tweet of mine with click sound:
https://twitter.com/Thoraxes/status/920535326535413760

Thanks for that info. Mine isn't too audible, but when moving the stick left from the upward position, it feels like it clicks. Almost like something inside snaps and then it's fine all the way around until I reach the same spot.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
Thanks for that info. Mine isn't too audible, but when moving the stick left from the upward position, it feels like it clicks. Almost like something inside snaps and then it's fine all the way around until I reach the same spot.
Yeah. The customer service guy asked me stuff like that too, which my issue was just when moving left from a neutral position (drove me mad in Golf Story, didn't appear till 4 months after I bought it). Since everything is under warranty, you should be good to send it in for free and get it back fast. The phone call was quick for me as well. When I sent it in, it was to a certified repair place that they use, which were fast.

Also make sure you tell them you don't need to send the system in if they ask. Only the left joycon by itself. Hopefully you have as smooth and fast an experience that I did.

TornadoValley

Oct 27, 2017
My Joy-con woes manifested in the form of loose analogs. The deadzone is so small on them so it would easily drift to the side if it didn't recenter properly, which was often. Thankfully Nintendo replaced it quickly, just a couple days.

A lot of frustrating loses in Binding of Isaac though. Letting go of the stick only to see Isaac keep walking into spikes was not fun.