• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JohnF

Jan 19, 2019
Danilo from JoyMasher, the maker of Blazing Chrome and Oniken, said on Twitter that he'd like to make Ninja Gaiden 4 with Tecmo and sounded pretty serious about it. "Not shitting, that is a game i'll make. Ninja Gaiden 4. If i make it i can die like a hero." He also said he's had the story in his head since he was 13 and it would reference back to the original trilogy.

twitter.com

Sir DICKUS DAYS on Twitter

“er... i hope one day after moonrider tecmo give me the ninja gaiden IP to create ninja gaiden 4. i'm not shitting. ninja gaiden 2 on NES was the game that made me like video games.”

twitter.com

“not shitting, that is a game i'll make. Ninja Gaiden 4. If i make it i can die like a hero.”

I'm all for this. This could be the Mega Man 9 or Sonic Mania-esque revival that Ninja Gaiden could use. What do you guys think?

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It would be cool if he were given the opportunity. I doubt they'd let him call it "4" when I'm sure they plan to make a similar "4" for the newer series starting on XBOX. But something official would be cool.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a match made in heaven. Even if Tecmo bails, just make a clone game like Blazing Chrome (or go to Sega to do Shinobi).

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would much rather a 3d Ninja Gaiden. I don't see what a 2d NG would offer that I can't already find. Not even just referencing The Messenger either.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
would take a new 3D one. there's a lot of 2D ninja gaiden-like games right now

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Sounds cool, but if KT ever allows it (Tecmo isn't a thing anymore since a long time), I doubt it'd be more than a spinoff. The NES trilogy is done and everything is in the same timeline anyway, no need to use a "4" to confuse people.
He could make a spiritual successor otherwise. Honestly, I think he has a better chance getting Sega letting them a new Shinobi game.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If they need to go 2D, either make it stunning 2D or make a Metroidvania style game. Would prefer a full 3D action sequel but more NG is good!

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Messenger is the spiritual successor to the 2D franchise.

I'd play it but I wouldn't be satisfied. I want a high-budget full on 4k Ninja Gaiden 4 production.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Let them, but make it like the old ones, no Metroidvania style though, that's not Ninja Gaiden.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This wouldn't stop a new 3D game from happening, so absolutely.

If they need to go 2D, either make it stunning 2D or make a Metroidvania style game. Would prefer a full 3D action sequel but more NG is good!

I'm so sick of Metroidvanias. We don't have enough traditionally structured platformers. This idea sounds awful to me, and The Messenger was my GOTY 2018!

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The 8 bit music is way better than the 16bit versions.

I wonder what the story will be.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I would be into this, Blazing Chrome felt like a true Contra sequel so I think they could pull off a 16 bit Ninja Gaiden.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
If anyone can do an Action style Ninja game justice it's Joymasher.

Just look at W.I.P of the Stage 1 of their next game Moonrider which is heavily inspired by Hagane

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Oniken essentially was a classic Ninja Gaiden game, just with a slightly different Fist of the North Star/Contra motif.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Do it, please--I don't care if it's 2D, I'm dying for anything NInja Gaiden-related.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That sounds very cool. Don't know if anything is gonna happen, but I would be down.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I've been following Cyber Shadow since it's prototype stages when MekaSkull was creating running animation frames for the main character. Looking at the video in the linked interview above it's amazing how far along the game is.

Even if it's JoyMasher hoping to make a hypothetical SNES 16-Bit take on Ninja Gaiden 4 that follows the NES titles, or even Cyber Shadow, I'll take it. Even Bushiden.

Another project I was keeping track of was Brave Earth: Prologue. I haven't heard much from it lately, but hopefully soon.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see a game that connects the "modern" trilogy to the NES one.

And hey, maybe playable Irene Lew this time around?

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
There was that trilogy on the snes, they didn't redo the graphics did they? Was still nes 8 bit stuff right?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

twitter.com

“hey i'm not kidding, i have NO IDEA who have the rights of chakan but if someday they throw the game at my hands i'll leave anything i'm doing to make a good chakan.”

Also, don't forget that the dev is also absolutely ok with making a new game in the CHAKAN THE FOREVER MAN series

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

“hey i'm not kidding, i have NO IDEA who have the rights of chakan but if someday they throw the game at my hands i'll leave anything i'm doing to make a good chakan.”

Also, don't forget that the dev is also absolutely ok with making a new game in the CHAKAN THE FOREVER MAN series

Such a cool game in every way, aside from its general cruelty to the player. I'd love to see a modern take on it that sands those jagged edges down.