• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...sney-hires-director-1075997?facebook_20180119

Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, perhaps best known for directing the zombie thriller 28 Weeks Later, is in negotiations to helm The Sword in the Stone, Disney's live-action reimagining of the studio's 1963 animated fantasy.

Bryan Cogman, a writer-producer on HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones, wrote the script for the project, which is being produced by Brigham Taylor (The Jungle Book).

Stone was the final movie released by the studio before Walt Disney's death; it takes a lighthearted view of the legend of King Arthur, focusing on the young Arthur being mentored by the magician Merlin.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Where the hell did this dude vanish to after 28 Weeks Later?

I was in eighth grade when that movie came out

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I just really hope that piss awful Guy Ritchie film did not sour audiences on another King Arthur film.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Are we going to get another all-out wizard battle between Merlin and the Magnificent Marvellous Mad Madam Mim?

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
As much as I enjoyed the original film as a kid, I think it's actually pretty bad in retrospect. Plot-wise, it's a complete mess that feels more like a couple of interesting segments pieced together than a cohesive story.

Hopefully the live action movie makes things more focused and develops what could have been a great Disney film.

theDidact

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I enjoyed the original film as a kid, I think it's actually pretty bad in retrospect. Plot-wise, it's a complete mess that feels more like a couple of interesting segments pieced together than a cohesive story.

Hopefully the live action movie makes things more focused and develops what could have been a great Disney film.
It is a bad film, much like the Jungle Book.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Man I love the Sword in the Stone. Part of the amazing subcategory with Robin Hood and the Great Mouse Detective.

I wonder if this will follow the movie or start as part of a four movie series like the actual Once and Future King?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is this gonna be an adaptation complete with squirrel love or is this going to be a total do-over like Mulan.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I really did wonder why we never got a Prydain Chronicles film series when the young adult craze hit.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it was a rough start but I saw a lot of potential in the chavs of the round table if they were to make a sequel. Of course that fell through as soon as the movie opened tho....
It was bat shit insane, stylized, full on fantasy retelling of King Arthur with a video game final boss. LOL. I could see how people hated it, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Just wish they could've accomplished it without it costing as much as it it did, so we could've got more.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man I just really hope that piss awful Guy Ritchie film did not sour audiences on another King Arthur film.
I want muh real King Arthur...

saber_by_alchemaniac-dbti921.jpg