• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I agree that she's being awfully foolish in this case. Just go to the trial, say "everything I know I've already said", get it over with.

Edit: Removed big anxiety attack driven question. I'm sorry, after thinking about it, I know the answer and know I shouldn't trouble you all with it.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Getting rewarded for stanning for Wikileaks and their buds with further acts of bigotry and Kremlin spin: priceless.

we can only guess, but it seems like it would be something that was not known or not asked or something that had not yet occurred. My money is on any contact with wikileaks or associated individuals since she was pardoned...

The Obama pardon is looking more and more interesting by the year, aint it?

EnronERA

Oct 25, 2017
the obama sentence commutation would have occurred before any other contact or support or whatever she might have gotten from wikileaks affiliated persons (russian intelligence). I don't blame Obama for anything other than not letting her sit in jail where she belonged a little longer.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
the obama sentence commutation would have occurred before any other contact or support or whatever she might have gotten from wikileaks affiliated persons (russian intelligence). I don't blame Obama for anything other than not letting her sit in jail where she belonged a little longer.

No fuck that, she was being tortured.

I don't trust her but I don't wish her to not have been rescued from torture what the fuck.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So her associations with awful people have landed her in hot water, and her response is to go full looney toon? Sounds like Chelsea alright.

Doing a good thing and suffering for it doesn't give you a blank check for the rest of your life.

Resurgam

Jun 23, 2018
It's sad watching someone act foolishly for people who don't give a damn about her. Wikileaks isn't going to reward her loyalty and Assange the world's worst houseguest would throw her under the bus without a second thought to save his own skin. She has loyalty for people who have none for her, she's just a useful tool for them.

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad watching someone act foolishly for people who don't give a damn about her. Wikileaks isn't going to reward her loyalty and Assange the world's worst houseguest would throw her under the bus without a second thought to save his own skin. She has loyalty for people who have none for her, she's just a useful tool for them.

It's not just Wikileaks and Assange she's acting foolish for. There are tons of people on Twitter tweeting hyping how Chelsea is doing this for the greater good and raising defense funds for her, which kind of creates a perverse social media incentive structure for her to remain in contempt (and in jail) for Twitter cred.

I agree she was a martyr for her leaks before, but I don't think her sitting in a cell in this case really makes any point whatsoever. It seems awful to me she is going to put her mental health on the line doing this again, as a cadre of people cheer her on, in protest of some non-controversial sovereign citizen nonsense.

I am specifically remembering that terrifying tweet she did a couple months ago posting her looking down from the top of a building about to jump. It's fucked up that people that ostensibly support her are cheering her "bravery" as she sits in a cell, when it would probably be healthier for her to testify and move on with her life.

Last edited:

Daria

Oct 25, 2017
The Twilight Zone
It's not just Wikileaks and Assange she's acting foolish for. There are tons of people on Twitter tweeting hyping how Chelsea is doing this for the greater good and raising defense funds for her, which kind of creates a perverse social media incentive structure for her to remain in contempt (and in jail) for Twitter cred.

I agree she was a martyr for her leaks before, but I don't think her sitting in a cell in this case really makes any point whatsoever. It seems awful to me she is going to put her mental health on the line doing this again, as a cadre of people cheer her on, in protest of some non-controversial sovereign citizen nonsense.

I am specifically remembering that terrifying tweet she did a couple months ago posting her looking down from the top of a building about to jump. It's fucked up that people that ostensibly support her are cheering her "bravery" as she sits in a cell, when it would probably be healthier for her to testify and move on with her life.

This goes beyond support for Assange as it also includes distrust in the system itself. In the eyes of her supporters, Manning has done nothing wrong after already serving her sentence. This fact does not however excuse her absolute ill advised attempt at a protest for the greater good. We have a journalist (GG) whose own site burned a source by sending sources materials to government officials. To put GG on a pedestal of being a journalism savior is an example of how far we've underestimated how effective a social media smear campaign can be. Then to view Manning as somewhat more of a icon for defying a subpoena is very three dimensional chess from her supporters. You are arguing against the cruelty of the system, claims it is against you, yet you purposefully defy law and order so that they can shift this story to fit their narrative.