• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
First I've heard of this, looks really interesting. Is it open exploration of Kamurocho like the Yakuza series, or are we looking at different gameplay?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
First I've heard of this, looks really interesting. Is it open exploration of Kamurocho like the Yakuza series, or are we looking at different gameplay?

Still open Kamurocho, still substories and side activities, only now you're an investigator who punches people instead of a retired criminal. So...basically Tanimura 2: This Time It's (Even More) Personal.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. I forgot about the Sega stream with KFG. I had a feeling it was gonna have this announcement and Im glad to see it confirmed. I played the Japanese demo and it was fun. This will be a day one buy.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they bring Mach Bowl back.

Hear that, RGG Studio? I'mma keep bitching about the fact you took my Mach Bowl away until you fix it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
The power of the dub ☺️

It now has 245k views, which puts it above any Yakuza trailer on the official PS channel. Interestingly, the gameplay trailer for Judgment has 353k views. There seems to be something about this game that's grabbing peoples attention in the west in a way that Yakuza hasn't been able to do.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks so damn awesome. So far Yagami looks like he's the successor to Akiyama in terms of doing amazing shit in fights.

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How this flew under my radar. It really sounds amazing. Day one of course!!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The arcade line up is right up there with Yakuza 6. Wish Outrun would return, that'd make it the uncontested king but getting Fighting Vipers in over Super Hang On pretty much makes it the best anyway. Plus you have the VR games as well. Its got a shit ton of content for me to work through (including two! Mahjong parlours!)
Just waiting on Amazon to ship my copy so I can dive in.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, I actually really liked the dub work in the trailer. I'm sure it'll feel odd for the first couple of hours, but I think I'll play this dubbed.

Very much looking forward to this.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, playing Shenmue on the PS4 through at the moment with the Japanese voices and English subtitles and at times I have to laugh how inaccurate some of the translations are. It makes what is being done with Judgment all the more impressive - I'm really happy that we'll be getting the Japanese voice track and subtitles that are accurate to what is being said.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
I played 10 hours on the demo, and had to go back once more in the first chapter to get the trophies because the ones I got didn't unlock once I went into the full game.
I really dig the story so far but clearly I'm at the very start still.

I like the investigation parts, it's refreshing to have those in a "Yakuza-like" setting.

I don't know why but I really dig the fact that now cars are actually in the streets of Kamurocho and not just seen on the outside.

Also, KAMURO OF THE DEAD is nice to play, it's an House of the Dead knockoff playable in the arcades.

Oct 27, 2017
I played 10 hours on the demo, and had to go back once more in the first chapter to get the trophies because the ones I got didn't unlock once I went into the full game.
I really dig the story so far but clearly I'm at the very start still.

I like the investigation parts, it's refreshing to have those in a "Yakuza-like" setting.

I don't know why but I really dig the fact that now cars are actually in the streets of Kamurocho and not just seen on the outside.

Also, KAMURO OF THE DEAD is nice to play, it's an House of the Dead knockoff playable in the arcades.
I was wondering about Kamuro of the Dead. In my mind I thought they need to add move support to make it playable but if you say it plays nicely then I am glad to hear this.

I just can't wait for this game!

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
I was wondering about Kamuro of the Dead. In my mind I thought they need to add move support to make it playable but if you say it plays nicely then I am glad to hear this.

I just can't wait for this game!
I'll be completely honest, it would be easier with Move controllers. It's finicky with my left stick (I could try with a newer controller to see if there's a difference).
But it's also completely serviceable with a Dualshock, you just won't have the same precision.

I didn't complete the minigame yet but for the levels I did complete, most hitboxes didn't require pinpoint precision either.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be completely honest, it would be easier with Move controllers. It's finicky with my left stick (I could try with a newer controller to see if there's a difference).
But it's also completely serviceable with a Dualshock, you just won't have the same precision.

I didn't complete the minigame yet but for the levels I did complete, most hitboxes didn't require pinpoint precision either.
I see.

Thanks for the explanation, my biggest issues with these kinds of game with the controller would be that you need to be accurate but if you don't need in this one then it will surely be fine.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From all my friends who have complete the game or playing it right now (we are PSN Hongkong players!)

This game has the best story among all YAKUZA series! Yes, among all!

The longest and meaningful story!!!

It has 13 chapters and the writing is sooooooo good!

It's the best Japanese drama game!

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017

From all my friends who have complete the game or playing it right now (we are PSN Hongkong players!)

Gettin' me HYPED, son!

My copy arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to get started. Is there going to be an import OT?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any case that an OT for Japanese early release games???

Oh and remember to pick up control- B mode for your UAV mini games

There's been plenty of times whenever OTs for games not out in the West have been made. Recently I think there was one for Persona Q2.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's been plenty of times whenever OTs for games not out in the West have been made. Recently I think there was one for Persona Q2.

I wish there will be one... My English is poor so I can't post an OT for it. But this true gem really deserve a good OT.

Or we can wait for Western release.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear. My copy arrived yesterday but just getting a few other things finished up first. I've heard comparisons in many ways to Yakuza 0, which is very encouraging.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

SHUT UP SHUT THE FUCK UP I CANT TAKE THIS!.

Im trying to wrap up Red Dead right now to play Kiwami from ps plus, then i still have Spider-man and Horizon Zero Dawn. Fuck my life

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there will be one... My English is poor so I can't post an OT for it. But this true gem really deserve a good OT.

Or we can wait for Western release.
If you want you can type out what you want for the Thread (including pics and stuff if you want) PM me and I can make the thread giving you credit in the title?

EDIT: Wait do you not want to post an OT because your English is poor or you can't yet because of your post count?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
SHUT UP SHUT THE FUCK UP I CANT TAKE THIS!.

Im trying to wrap up Red Dead right now to play Kiwami from ps plus, then i still have Spider-man and Horizon Zero Dawn. Fuck my life

If it makes you feel better, I managed to finish those games this year. Managed to 100% both Spidey and Horizon in fact! You've got a lot of great game ahead of you!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I might hold off on an OT until the full English release is out - Yakuza-Era isn't a huge group of people.

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it makes you feel better, I managed to finish those games this year. Managed to 100% both Spidey and Horizon in fact! You've got a lot of great game ahead of you!
Yeah lol its just hard since I got married, usually because I spend most my free time with the wife now. I usually only game fri-sat for about 2-3 hours a night. HOWEVER Christmas break is coming up and since we both wont have work I'll be able to play every night while she sleeps. I have 17 days off, going to try to finish my backlog lol

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
anyone know of hardcore Yakuza streamers or youtubers that i can watch play Yakuza and this game, not really story wise but more for gameplay to get a feel of the game?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Good for exposure however.

Also anyone who has the game, how does it compare to yakuza games? From what I am reading this is better!
it depends on the criteria. So far I played about 14 hours and I am loving it. I think if it keeps on going like this until the end, it will easily be in my top 2 Yakuza games of all time (I played all the numbered Yakuza games except 6)

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it depends on the criteria. So far I played about 14 hours and I am loving it. I think if it keeps on going like this until the end, it will easily be in my top 2 Yakuza games of all time (I played all the numbered Yakuza games except 6)
Is it the same universe as Yakuza, I know it might be a spoiler so a simple yes or no answer will do, are there returning Yakuza characters?
EDIT: Also how does it run and look? is it 60FPS?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
anyone know of hardcore Yakuza streamers or youtubers that i can watch play Yakuza and this game, not really story wise but more for gameplay to get a feel of the game?
Devilleon7 is easily the biggest Yakuza youtuber. His content is great and most of it is no commentary. Just pure gameplay, a lot of his stuff is spoiler free too so no worries on that front.