• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Judgment (formerly Project JUDGE) is headed to the West in summer 2019!

Step into the mind of Takayuki Yagami and utilize investigation skills to uncover the secrets that lie deep within Kamurocho's corrupt underbelly.

A star-studded English voice cast brings Judgment to life. Greg Chun takes on the role of Judgment's protagonist, Takayuki Yagami, supported by Crispin Freeman, Matthew Mercer, Cherami Leigh, Yuri Lowenthal, James Hong, Ed O'Ross, Amy Walker, Matt Yang King, Fred Tatasciore, Brian Mcnamara, as well as guest appearances by SungWon Cho, Cristina Vee, Max Mittelman, and many more.

19-19_d63y.jpg

Project-Judge_2018_09-27-18_012.jpg

project-judge-screenshot-16.jpg

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I didnt expect to get information on Judgement here. The dub sounded decent but I'm sure it'll have the option for Japanese. The dub will just bring more people in.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So they renamed it "Judgement" for the US market?

Trying to decide if its better than the nose-crinkling "Judge Eyes" despite how generic it now sounds.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Aren't characters based on real actors in this?

It would be weird to want to play this in English. Unless you're allergic to reading.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
Cool that there's a dub option for those who wants it. I guess the Fist of the North Star game was received well enough for them to continue.

Also, not going to get my hope up for early summer but at least we got confirmation it coming, yay!

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking dub let's gooooo. Finally! Now make yakuza 7 have one too. Only helps grows these series potential. Now I shall bow out as ppl argue about a dub being included

Aren't characters based on real actors in this?

It would be weird to want to play this in English. Unless you're allergic to reading.

Lol o screw off with that nonsense

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So this is in Kamurocho...again?? I thought they created this IP to do something new and still they will recycle the whole city again.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, they fucking redid the facial movement for it
They clearly are putting a lot into this

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see the English dub is pretty good! I'll be playing with the original voices but that makes the game more palatable in the west for a lot of people.

Oct 28, 2017
Am I missing something the OP doesn't seem to have the trailer with the dub?
EDIT: Seems to be updated now.

Also I wished they just kept the name Judge Eyes

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Hardly a surprise. I just hope it'll have dual audio.

Edit: Looks like it's the case. Nice.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this does really well to encourage more subs going forward.

Options are always good.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Title updated per OP's request

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i will definitely give the english dub a try but man, just watching the trailer felt so damn weird and foreign. i never cared about dub vs sub in my entire life, but now i'm starting to get it.

Deleted member 2618

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A dub eh? FOTNS, I can see getting a dub. But a Yakuza game, LET ALONE A SPIN OFF, GETTING A DUB!? This series has made it even more! The fact that its big enough to warrant getting a dub is just amazing.

No doubt it'll have dual audio like FOTNS.

Oct 25, 2017
A dub eh? FOTNS, I can see getting a dub. But a Yakuza game, LET ALONE A SPIN OFF, GETTING A DUB!? This series has made it even more! The fact that its big enough to warrant getting a dub is just amazing.

Does nothing but widen its appeal this is great sega coming thru

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Indeed. Like I said in the previous thread, it's crazy to see the Yakuza localization team and SEGA making strides like this. I remember when we had to wait till' 2015 to get the Yakuza 5 localization and now here we are.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
2019 is going to be crazy.

Judgment is a good name too. Nice and simple like "Yakuza".

JunkerWoland

Jun 8, 2018
The game's pedigree is such that I'll continue following its Western development, but while I'd imagine the game will retain Japanese audio, how I feel about the dub's writing will determine whether I purchase the game, as its script will now be transliterated from the English audio. I get the broadened appeal the English dub potentially brings, but I'd rather the team behind the game stuck with the approach of Japanese-only voices.

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I assume Kiryu's not actually in the game, but I really want Kiryu's original English VA to make a cameo in the dub, lol

Oct 25, 2017
The game's pedigree is such that I'll continue following its Western development, but while I'd imagine the game will retain Japanese audio, how I feel about the dub's writing will determine whether I feel like playing the game, as its script will now be transliterated from the English audio. I get the broadened appeal the English dub potentially brings, but I'd rather the team behind the game stuck with the approach of Japanese-only voices.
It's dual audio what's the problem?

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Judgement is probably being prepped to be a new franchise alongside Yakuza. Given the positive momentum that Yakuza has now in the west, having Judgement come out with an English dub for its first entry is really smart. They can try to ride that positive wave of Yakuza's success while building a new path.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
It would've really surprised me if the game wouldn't have featured the Japanese dub as well. Having so many famous people in it and it also being a Yakuza spin-off, it wouldn't have made much sense. It actually says a lot that Sega will also be offering an English dub. Shows how much faith they have in the franchise (and Judgement in general). Still crazy to think where we have been just a little over 3 years ago and where we are now. Makes me wonder if Shin Ryu ga Gotoku will also feature an optional English dub then.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow I didn't expect english voicing but it'll be a pleasant change from past yakuza games. Can't wait to try it.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
English Dub? Happy for everyone who wants this. More options are always welcome. I really hope that extra effort and spent money will pay off for them.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Judgement is probably being prepped to be a new franchise alongside Yakuza. Given the positive momentum that Yakuza has now in the west, having Judgement come out with an English dub for its first entry is really smart. They can try to ride that positive wave of Yakuza's success while building a new path.
Jesus, Sega's accountants probably don't want this to be a series, I can't imagine Kimutaku was cheap