• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
In an interview with SEGA's Daisuke Sato and Spanish Media Meristation, he commented the following regarding Judgment's sales

"Desde nuestro punto de vista, Judgment ha superado las expectativas de ventas que teníamos en Occidente; están siendo muy buenas", comentaba Sato. Dada esta circunstancia y la insistencia por parte de la desarrolladora, Ryu ga Gotoku Studio, por innovar con apuestas frescas, le preguntamos si estaba en sus planes la continuidad de la franquicia.

The quote, translated:

"From our point of view, Judgment's performance in the west has surpassed our expectations, they're very good"

Regarding sequels:
"A nosotros, como equipo, sí nos gustaría continuar trabajando en futuras entregas de la serie Judgment", ampliaba.
"Us, as a team, would like to keep working in more games in the Judgment series"

Source:https://as.com/meristation/2019/08/26/noticias/1566801783_050718.html

Nov 3, 2017
Still playing (down to the last third of it) but yeah would absolutely love more

Hopefully they can make the tailing more interesting if they're gonna use it as much but I love Tak and his large idiot son

Oct 27, 2017
That's great news! Judgment is one of the best games of 2019, and among the best in the Yakuza franchise as a whole. Glad to see it get some love.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
They gave it the premium localization treatment, so expectations were probably higher than the previous Yakuza titles.

evilalien

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
They need to iron out some gameplay mechanics, but the story was really great. I would definitely buy a sequel.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Nice to hear, I was worried it didn't sell very well since it had some steep sales not long after release.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
One of my favourite games this year.

Hopefully a sequel removes the tailing missions and those running segments.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck getting Kimutaku back for a sequel on the cheap. Shouldve gone with someone else.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I would like sequels, please. Glad it's done well, it was a very fun game with an interesting story (plus I'm a loser where the game was able to keep my attention more by having English VA)

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear, especially considering the increased resources put into the localization compared to other games. I'm only on chapter 11 but I'd love a sequel that ironed out some of the kinks and focused more on the investigation side. Sometimes it would benefit from straying further from Yakuza mechanically.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
This is great news. Hope they gathered enough feedback from the gamers to change some of the gameplay elements and improve in the detective mechanics.

The lack of some of the iconic minigames makes it much less interesting to me than the Yakuza main series, but Judgment cast of characters and main story was fantastic.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

Well deserved.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
They gave it the premium localization treatment, so expectations were probably higher than the previous Yakuza titles.
At the same time, it's a new IP so maybe they weren't as high. Still sold more than any other Yakuza on Spain though.

The true test will be Shin Yakuza, if that gets fully localised

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
very good news! ryu ga gotoku studios produces as many consistently high-quality games as just about any other game developer, & deserves the appreciation...

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, it's my favorite game from them so far personally, I loved the intrigue and how it integrated the Yakuza stuff but didn't centralize it.

Feels like the perfect game from them to give us a female playable character, too. I love Yagami but throw in another town with a female detective he works a case with, or something.

Also more Saori

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, it's my favorite game from them so far personally, I loved the intrigue and how it integrated the Yakuza stuff but didn't centralize it.

Feels like the perfect game from them to give us a female playable character, too. I love Yagami but throw in another town with a female detective he works a case with, or something.

Also more Saori
I was thinking the same thing. a Female protagonist would fit this IP like a glove.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing it at the moment at having a blast, it's in my top 3 Yakuza with 0 and 6, and so far my GOTY.

I'm absolutely down to play a sequel. Just ditch the tailing missions please !

What would actually be even more awesome is if they made a couple of other spinoff games with different protags, and then a final game with all three main characters playable like in some of the Yakuza games. Call the series Kamurocho Stories or something. One with a female protag, and another with a different type of character, for example an immigrant from China, Indonesia or Thailand with a foreign fighting style.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised at how much I got sucked into the central mystery of the story, and as a ludicrous as the idea of a practicing Detective/Lawyer may be, it still worked well in the game, so I'm totally down for more cases to be tackled in this series.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff. Judgment was a damn good game, especially story-wise. Kept me intrigued the whole time. Looking forward to more games from the team.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Since I don't have a PS4, I feel bad not participating because I really want to play this game. I'll be there if it ocmes out on PC

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
That's great to hear, I was honestly kind of worried it had bombed. Probably my favorite game of the year so far

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Awesome, the game deserves it.

The sequel needs to have playable Kaito.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I think if it weren't for REmake 2, Judgment might actually be my favorite game this year so this is great to hear. It filled that storytelling need where Yakuza 6 failed for me.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome game. Hopefully this means they will look into dubbing future titles as well for people turned off by Subs-only games.

MYeager

Oct 30, 2017
Hope they do make more.

But please RGG either less trailing missions or do anything to make them more interesting.