• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Full thoughts

I thought the series was amazing. I told my girlfriend when we started watching it that the first few episodes reminded me of early Bleach in a way. Kinda creepy, high school setting, but honestly really cool. MAPPA did an amazing job with the animation, especially in cases like Episode 17, and that last episode was pretty glorious too. Loved all the characters, and having GOOD female characters is a welcome change. The comedy in the series was great too. Also I loved both openings and the first ending is so good. The second ending was alright. Favorite characters are Nobara, Maki, Gojo.

Can't want to see the next season whenever that may be. I am seriously gonna consider starting the manga though.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Rainy if you do read the manga, also read the Volume 0 which will be covered by the movie. There's like one major plot-twist later on that kinda assumes you know what happened in it. Like, it is not completely detrimental if you don't, but I will say I hope that season 2 will recap that plot point from the movie for the benefit of the audience.

I recommend reading it after finishing the flashback for a certain character. You will know what I'm talking about once you reach it.

Last edited:

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Full thoughts

I thought the series was amazing. I told my girlfriend when we started watching it that the first few episodes reminded me of early Bleach in a way. Kinda creepy, high school setting, but honestly really cool. MAPPA did an amazing job with the animation, especially in cases like Episode 17, and that last episode was pretty glorious too. Loved all the characters, and having GOOD female characters is a welcome change. The comedy in the series was great too. Also I loved both openings and the first ending is so good. The second ending was alright. Favorite characters are Nobara, Maki, Gojo.

Can't want to see the next season whenever that may be. I am seriously gonna consider starting the manga though.

The manga is a fairly brisk read and there are a ton of little changes, additions and even some omissions in the anime, usually at the author's request. For example a lot of scenes like the big fight in episode 24 has narration that clarifies what exactly is going on i.e. Nobara performs a black flash alongside Yuji which puts her in the "zone" which is why she doesn't even need turn around to annihilate the little brother during his final sneak attack.

A lot of parts like the opening are also different in a lot of ways and I think the anime actually handles the start better than the manga. I'd say just start from the beginning and enjoy the ride. At least don't skip chapter 64 which isn't covered in the first season and is one of the best of the series.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I'll just start with the volume 0 chapters and read the whole thing. For reading this...there's like a Shonen Jump app I can use to read all the chapters right? I have an iPad and I think it could look nice on there.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the responses everyone. I think I'll just start with the volume 0 chapters and read the whole thing. For reading this...there's like a Shonen Jump app I can use to read all the chapters right? I have an iPad and I think it could look nice on there.

viz app has like the 3 most recent chapters free but its one of the cheapest subscription services around. That and you could sub for a month and read the entire series in a week, a day if you're really binging it lol

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
viz app has like the 3 most recent chapters free but its one of the cheapest subscription services around. That and you could sub for a month and read the entire series in a week, a day if you're really binging it lol
Yeah it seems pretty cheap so I'm just gonna grab it and read at my own pace.