• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who is your favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character?

• Yuji Itadori!

Votes: 54 14.4%
  • Megumi Fushiguro!

Votes: 30 8.0%
  • Nobara Kugisaki!

Votes: 52 13.9%
  • Satoru Gojo!

Votes: 153 40.8%
  • Sukuna!

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Panda!

Votes: 25 6.7%
  • Somebody that isn't on this list!

Votes: 45 12.0%

• Total voters

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those last few episodes were great, now I can't wait for the next episode :( But hey, it'll come out on my birthday :D

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
No spoilers, but how is the prequel chapter? The translation came out today and I was wondering whether to buy it.

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Hate to say it, but there is no episode this week either. It was a two week break.
LMAO oh wow! I had no idea. I was so excited for more JJK
More like 8. Next episode is on the 15th.
Lol I'm the OP of this dang anime and I didn't even know that
No spoilers, but how is the prequel chapter? The translation came out today and I was wondering whether to buy it.
Good question. I got no idea. Maybe the anime will adapt it or something. Or you anime only or are you reading JJK?

OP
OP
Mediking

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Tomorrow it's a special episode that comes out, at least in japan. The "real" next episode comes out on the 15th!
I hope the special episode is something cool. Speaking of which.... is there anything ya'll wanna see added to the OP? I know there's other important characters like the other students and Nanami and I gotta add those.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
LMAO oh wow! I had no idea. I was so excited for more JJK

Lol I'm the OP of this dang anime and I didn't even know that

Good question. I got no idea. Maybe the anime will adapt it or something. Or you anime only or are you reading JJK?

I started out with the anime, but I'm (almost) caught up to the manga.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
That scene where Yuji stops forceful, hotblooded moralizing the moment he infers that Junpei is dealing with a trauma and instead apologizes for his one-sidedness and lets Junpei vent is the one that made me appreciate the character. That is the kind of thoughtfulness that goes a tad beyond the base archetype of the kind-hearted shonen hero for me.

In fact, this whole arc, with it subversion of certain expectations and its handling of bullying took my appreciation a tiny notch beyond "yeah this a shonen-ass shonen, but pretty well made and fun one".

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That scene where Yuji stops forceful, hotblooded moralizing the moment he infers that Junpei is dealing with a trauma and instead apologizes for his one-sidedness and lets Junpei vent is the one that made me appreciate the character. That is the kind of thoughtfulness that goes a tad beyond the base archetype of the kind-hearted shonen hero for me.

In fact, this whole arc, with it subversion of certain expectations and its handling of bullying took my appreciation a tiny notch beyond "yeah this a shonen-ass shonen, but pretty well made and fun one".

That moment stood out to me as well. I wasn't immediately endeared to Yuuji but the entire Mahito arc really made me like him a lot. You really don't see many shonen heroes stop their hot blooded monologue and actually state they were talking to much shit instead of listening. Yuuji wasn't even in the wrong about calling out Junpei's bullshit reasoning which made him stopping to try and keep him all the stronger a moment.

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about Yuji is that as the series continues on his beliefs get tested.

That moment stood out to me as well. I wasn't immediately endeared to Yuuji but the entire Mahito arc really made me like him a lot. You really don't see many shonen heroes stop their hot blooded monologue and actually state they were talking to much shit instead of listening. Yuuji wasn't even in the wrong about calling out Junpei's bullshit reasoning which made him stopping to try and keep him all the stronger a moment.

It's reason why I like characters like him and Tanjiro. They have an endearing and appreciative side.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Randomly found a YouTube video that has some scenes from the new OP. I'm liking the new song and the visuals are looking nice.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

AquaWateria

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new ending more than I do the old one because the former actually fits more thematically with JJK than Lost Paradise. Lost Paradise felt out of place tbh especially the last half of the first cour.

To me Co shu nie fits so much better with JJK.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the new ending more than I do the old one because the former actually fits more thematically with JJK than Lost Paradise. Lost Paradise felt out of place tbh especially the last half of the first cour.

To me Co shu nie fits so much better with JJK.

Gojo being stylish as fuck seems pretty on point if you ask me.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The OP and the ED were so good and I don't like change

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely deserves the #1 spot, had an absolute blast watching every episode.
I'm pleasantly surprised Great Pretender is #2 though, I thought it was almost anonymous and very underrated so I'm happy to see it get this recognition! Another amazing and very original anime.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The new OP is just Mappa flexing on everyone. Looks stunning.
Forreal, the animation is gorgeous (even if I don't like the song nearly as much)

New ep is great btw. Yuuji rejoining was genuinely hilarious

E: and done. Great ep, glad the show's back.

Last edited:

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
OP is fine.

ED almost blew my ears out, the singer can't do highs AquaWateria

EP was a good setup ep and the omake at the end was funny. Can't wait for this to go into full swing.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I like the new OP, but the ED is an even further swing from how depressing the show can get.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the manga is similar but I do enjoy how brisk the pacing of this show is. Felt like we covered a lot of ground in this episode from a rather unexpected cutesy creepy hotsprings segment with the curses to Gojo continuing to be an absolute manchild. I still can't believe Yuuji went along with his plan.

Oh and does OPP mean something different to the Japanese or is that reference exactly what I think it is?

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing the manga is similar but I do enjoy how brisk the pacing of this show is. Felt like we covered a lot of ground in this episode from a rather unexpected cutesy creepy hotsprings segment with the curses to Gojo continuing to be an absolute manchild. I still can't believe Yuuji went along with his plan.

Oh and does OPP mean something different to the Japanese or is that reference exactly what I think it is?
So, the post credits says it stands for: Ocean Pacific Peace

A quick google search on that shows it's the catchphrase of a comedian, and it's the name of a beer.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also, can't wait to see what Mechamaru is.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The new OP and ED are both really boring tbh. Can we go back to the first cour's

The whole episode was set-up for the good stuff, so I don't have much else to say. The comedy was on point, though.

IIRC when I read the manga, the translator notes mentioned that the OPP thing was some kind of dated Japanese pop culture reference, the intent of the scene was that Itadori makes his big return while yelling something that comes off as cringey, I think. Not sure what the official localization went with though.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking back to the rap song from the 90's myself in regards to OPP which is why I thought it was funny they kept talking about it like they were.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

IIRC when I read the manga, the translator notes mentioned that the OPP thing was some kind of dated Japanese pop culture reference, the intent of the scene was that Itadori makes his big return while yelling something that comes off as cringey, I think. Not sure what the official localization went with though.

I just finished watching the episode and thought Yuuji was referencing Kojima Yoshio, a Japanese "Talent" (comedian/TV celeb) who was famous like a decade ago. "OPP" is more like "OH PAPI," but it doesn't really have a meaning from what I remember. It's just a silly exclamation he inserts at the end of his jokes.

You can hear it at about the 00:58 mark

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"She's drunk.

That's my Takada-Chan"

I kind of love Toudou's absolute dedication to his idol. Even her getting shit faced is alright in his book.